Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to add some mysticism to our server - the "Lost Arsenal"?

Vicarius Provinciae

Default Time to add some mysticism to our server - the "Lost Arsenal"?

The TWC plugin is an ideal opportunity to add some interesting mythical items to our server. I think we should add some legendary weapons and tools, collectively called the "Lost Arsenal" (of X?). These would be extremely powerful items that could make or break factions. This thread is appropriate for this forum because we are just discussing thee concept which is restricted to the PvP world, we can add to the plugin forum later.

Basically, I think this "Lost Arsenal (of Remlap the Destroyer? )" should comprise four items. The Sword (Name?) should do several times the damage of a diamond sword and set enemies on fire. The Bow should ignore armour, poison those it hits and have infinite arrows. The Pickaxe should be as fast as a diamond pick with efficiency V and give as much ore as fortune III. All of these should have infinite durability. The fourth item should be the Ark, a large object that can be placed down. It should produce ghast fireball spawners, which can be smacked against enemies.

Some interesting constraints can be placed on these items. Players with these items should be able to harm and be harmed by their own faction members. Players who log off with these items in their inventory should immediately drop them. When dropped, these items should never disappear, even in lava or fire. Eyes of ender, or whatever we rename them, should guide players towards the nearest piece of the lost arsenal when thrown, like how they currently guide players towards strongholds.

Obviously these items would be powerful gamechangers, owning even a single one would hugely empower a faction. There should be even greater rewards for those who can gather more of these items. Putting the tools through the ark should convert them into golden wands that break blocks instantly on left click (and dropping ores like fortune III) and shoot out lightning on right click. When all three tools have gone through the ark, the Ark becomes the "Controller of Destiny". It should be capable of crafting spawners of any kind, converting ores to different types (redstone to diamond for example) and, when eyes of ender are added, killing all players within 100-128 blocks regardless of faction, saving only those in the immediate vicinity.

A volcano should be erected near the safe zone, its abyss the only way to destroy any this powerful arsenal.

I think this is far more interesting than adding simple enchanted items to the game.
    Last edited by romande; December 08, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Time to add some mysticism to our server - the "Lost Arsenal"?

We've considered this in the past but we'd need to enable the enchants we want to use, thus allowing them for everyone. The TWC plugin may find a way round that, in which case we could revisit it.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus

If we do it please let me do a write-up!

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    If we do it please let me do a write-up!
    I support this. I even have some ideas for names.

Sword: The Zephyr Blade (in a reference to a hilarious youtube video I saw)

Bow: Scourge of God (a reference to the huns who's bows were more powerful than any other bow in the west, allowing them to defeat their enemies with trained mounted archers)

Pickaxe: Hand of Vulcan (a reference to Vulcan/Hepahestus, god of the forge and also somewhat mining)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    Well then Attila just got delicious.
    Under the Patronage of Pikestance

Why not do it so Each Admin/and or not/ Mod has 1 special item that resembles them. Like The Sword of the Lava god would be Fire aspect III, (my vision of Poach is an immovable object and the "Judge") So The Judgicators Bulwark Maybe a protection IV chestplate or The Judgement Axe Sharpness III? And so on. Also having a "maze" or Trial for each of the items, even making it so that maybe only 1 person can enter the trial at a time, And the "boss" of that trial could be that Admin/Mod armed with that item, using only that item with maybe prot I gold armor (for effect xD). And as Irelandeb stated they should drop from the inv when somebody dies or loggs out. And maybe teleports back to the Chamber they came from. Maybe even the Volcano to destroy them, ANNND xD a very hard trial and maze to re-create them (maybe fighting all the other (gods) Admins/Mods with thier artifacts at the Bastion of the gods high in the sky (Like Olympus).

Why not do it so Each Admin/and or not/ Mod has 1 special item that resembles them. Like The Sword of the Lava god would be Fire aspect III, (my vision of Poach is an immovable object and the "Judge") So The Judgicators Bulwark Maybe a protection IV chestplate or The Judgement Axe Sharpness III? And so on. Also having a "maze" or Trial for each of the items, even making it so that maybe only 1 person can enter the trial at a time, And the "boss" of that trial could be that Admin/Mod armed with that item, using only that item with maybe prot I gold armor (for effect xD). And as Irelandeb stated they should drop from the inv when somebody dies or loggs out. And maybe teleports back to the Chamber they came from. Maybe even the Volcano to destroy them, ANNND xD a very hard trial and maze to re-create them (maybe fighting all the other (gods) Admins/Mods with thier artifacts at the Bastion of the gods high in the sky (Like Olympus).

cpdwane's Avatar Silent and Sneakretive

I for one think this would be a really cool idea if at all possible.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Vicarius Provinciae

The cool thing about these is that they cannot be hidden, only secured deep inside one's base, and will inevitably cause war. They all make pitched battles highly one sided (either directly or in providing more diamonds/firepower) but are extremely vulnerable to raids.
    Last edited by romande; December 08, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

I think this is a really cool idea.
    That said I think it could potentially completely break the pvp aspect of the game. It is inevitable that the strongest and largest factions would get these items because they could simply war someone smaller and get it from them. Thus strong factions would become even stronger. I believe there would be absolutely no way at all that weapons such as these wouldn't fall into the hands of the Brothers, the Dorfs, and the Norfs. Like it or not, even if a smaller faction were to own these weapons to start off with (which is unlikely cause benz would probably find em first.. lets be honest), those three factions can bring organized forces with enough numbers to overcome any other faction in the game.
    Inevitably would just make the strong factions stronger and would effectively kill any and all competition should any of those three factions gain such a weapon.

Now if you had weapons with names that gave minor enhancements such as Knockback 1 on a sword, Infinite 1 on bow, maybe Fire Aspect 1 on one of those, Fortune 1 on pick... that would be balanced cause it gives factions a named Legendary weapon which itself would cause wars just so you can say you have a Legendary sword, but doesn't break pvp by forcing 3+ people to all focus one guy with a super amazing sword, MAYBE killing him, then dying to the other 5 of his teammates. It our server had more than around 30 people during its prime time then it might work as each faction would have more people to throw onto the super soldier, but with most fighting forces consisting around 3-6 people, those weapons would not even be funny to watch.

Making a sword that does several times the damage of a diamond and lights people on fire = 1-2 hit kill = breaks pvp
    Bow that ignores armor + poison = 1 hit kill (takes 2 bow shots with with no armor to kill someone) = breaks pvp

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    but are extremely vulnerable to raids.
    False because if you hide this in the middle of the underground it would be almost impossible to find. Even with ender eyes because you would effectively have to get luckey or strip mine a whole area. And given that it would be in enemy territory you would..
    1. Lose too much health to make it plausible.
    2. The enemy would have a ton of time to counter your raid.
    AND 3. All the enemy has to do is mass log off and you can't mine jack thus making getting the weapon impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl_of_Douds View Post
    a very hard trial and maze to re-create them
    If its a really hard trial, this would probably make it so only a select group of people who even be able to complete it, already lowering the chances of smaller factions getting it.
    If it was a maze, once you complete it once, if you were smart you could just draw a map and do it again easy. Redoing the maze every time the weapon is dropped would require a huge amount of maintenance from the staff as new hard mazes aren't easy to make.

Bottom line: Very cool idea, but if it is ever implemented to the degree that brogan said it would destroy pvp.

Edit: Yes I am aware this won't get implemented if at all for a very very long time until the twc plugin. Just entertaining the idea
    Last edited by Connor93; December 09, 2012 at 05:11 AM.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

1.4.6 might add the ability to, at the very least, make the items.

I remember back on the old map the Order used to name famous weapons we looted from fallen enemies... Good times

Skivvies's Avatar Miles

Those were the days, weren't they?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yeah lol. We called Abb's sharpness III fireaspect I sword in the legion "Inferno"
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    Well then Attila just got delicious.
    Under the Patronage of Pikestance

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

i support this motion, but i would suggest another legendary item, The lovemaker, which would mate animals with infinite uses.

also suggest leaving npc eggs all over the place, as npc are grand

ForteS's Avatar Need Hugz?

I like this idea.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Noodlegasm's Avatar Campidoctor

Why don't every player just name one item (Sword, bow or whatever) and declare it on here.

You could even make a tally of who has what and so on.

Cuts out the risk of the stronger factions hording crazy weapons.

A lot of players already do that, like Remlaps "god of lava sword"(I don't remembered it's exact name though).
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Vicarius

I had 'The Ovary Destroyer' but I lost it.

When you lose it, act like you never had one , lesser shame if someone else finds it then.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Vicarius

I blame Cahoma.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast