Thread: Battle of Sekigahara Battle Help?

Default Battle of Sekigahara Battle Help?

Hi,

So I am trying to make a movie about a shogun battle and I have heard Battle of Sekigahara battle is one of the most decisive battles in Japanese History. I tried to research it, but all I get is the wikipedia page that is confusing as and all other pages are like slight plagiarisms of the wiki page (ironic). All documentaries and informative videos also seem blocked or taken down. Could someone please give me a resourceful page, video, or even post that shows the order of battle, the tactical movements, what type of troops were involved, the type of warfare, the battle step by step with possible pictures and maps, what happened short prior to the battle (preparations) and the main highlights or focus in the battle? I know this might be overwhelming for some, but if you just post one single info even a nice concrete sentence or two with one picture, I will be in a much better situation than I am now.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: Battle of Sekigahara Battle Help?

MWUAHAHAHAH1

Oh and download the mod as well....

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=568943

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Hi King Peter,

You might want to search for this excellent book "Sekigahara: The Final Struggle For Power" by Anthony Brian. It has alot of pictures and information. If you cant find it, my university library has a copy so i can help you find any relevant information~

Im surprised that Erwin didnt post this video so i shall post it on his behalf

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Stellarnight; December 07, 2012 at 04:11 AM.

I like that film, but the actor playing Ieyasu is really not fit for the role. He just overacts too much and doesn't convey Ieyasu's reputedly patient character.

Senator

What part do you find confusing? It basically comes down to a leadership crisis in the Toyotomi clan leading to a split between pro- and anti-Tokugawa clans. Ieyasu came out on top, largely by convincing several Western commanders to stay out of the fighting or defect to him.