Thread: WIP Alejandro Magno's Alejandro Magno Total War

Default WIP Alejandro Magno's Alejandro Magno Total War

So..... after been away a couple of years from modding and RTW itself i'm here again.

After taking away some rust out of my modding skills i think i'm ready to work on a mod by myself; a mod about Alexander the Great.
    I know there are some around, some of those unfinished, one of them forbidden, but still i think a fresh start and not modding ATW is the best option for me.

So far i've only tried and successfully implemented some of ATW features into a vanilla -mymod folder. I already finished a customized version of MM expanded all the way to the ganges basin and i'm ready to start the coding part of the mod.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

UNIQUE FEATURES:

Recreation of his conquest.

Do you consider yourself an expert in Alexander's biography? The challenge is on, complete all the quests and prove yourself a true conqueror of the world.

Founder of cities
    It is said that Alexander's main achievement was the spread of hellenism into the east. In this mod you can actually create new cities, but be aware, not all regions in the Persian Empire will be eager to change their customs!
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; June 12, 2018 at 08:14 PM.

Default Re: WIP Alejandro Magno's Alejandro Magno Total War

Hi Alejandro,

welcome back. Your idea sounds and looks very interesting. Keep on going. I will give it a try.
    Greetings, Magnentius

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Do you want me to contribute to your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxXxEmo4everxXxXxXx View Post
    Do you want me to contribute to your mod?
    Thank you for your kind offer; I would very much appreciate your help.
    What are you good modding at?

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

I also offer you my help, I can do skinning and skinning only. So if you have a unit which you might want to look better, just give me a sign.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

I'm very good at modding the environment. I'm also good at balancing (unit) stats.

I have two questions about your mod: why are some regions on your map so big? and why is Egypt independent?
    Last edited by 20ninescene; September 03, 2015 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirila the Kitten View Post
    I also offer you my help, I can do skinning and skinning only. So if you have a unit which you might want to look better, just give me a sign.
    That would be actually awesome; i'm just waiting some responses for permission on some units; so I wouldn't like to ask you to work on any and eventually not being able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxXxEmo4everxXxXxXx View Post
    I'm very good at modding the environment. I'm also good at balancing (unit) stats.

I have two questions about your mod: why are some regions on your map so big? and why is Egypt independent?
    I merged together some regions for 2 reasons:
    1. I found some sources describing the macro-management of the persian empire; which fused some historical regions (like in Asia minor) in more or les the way i've done it.
    2. I based my region template on the above in order to avoid "siege-alexander total war". I studied some basic scripting for rtw and i'm sure I can script some battles (both historical and "what if") into the main campaign so there should be enouch action on the open fields.
    Altough, if you refer to upper europe (gaul, germania) I think I won't be putting any region neither faction in the game; to focus gameplay in Italy, greece; Asia and India

Almost forgot, Egypt independent is WIP, I also remember reading once that by Alexander's time they just had gained its independence
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; September 03, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Egypt independence should be a thing whether it's historical accurate or not. It's all about that variety. You should also make Thracians a faction, they made some problems to Alexander before he went for the Persians.

Yeah I know. My WIP faction list at the moment is:

- Kingdom of Macedon
    - Achaemenid Empire
    - Roman Republic
    - Republic of Carthage
    - Egypt (don't know about the name)
    - Thracians (either a general faction or tribe specific)
    - Sparta
    - Nanda Empire
    - a faction for Chandragupta Maurya
    ** i'm not sure if I should put a "whole" faction for Porus/Pauravas
    - Nomads (scythians)

Tiro

AFAIK Egypt was occupied by the Persians and conquered ("liberated") by Alexander.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

OK so after some time out of modding I've finally moved into the adding units part. The map is mostly done, and after some CTD rounds i'm finally able to add units without errors. So progress should be made on big steps from now on.

Unit rosters will be rather small, considering that there will be only 1 playable faction and the fact that im not a unit modder, so i'll be importing units from mods that have granted me their permission.

Good luck! We miss you on slack!