Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

Default Re: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

WH:TW is a game I've been dreaming of for years! I would LOVE to see this made, although I believe the fact that CA releasing two blockbuster games with similarities as close as R:TW2 and this in the same fiscal year or even close, would be an unintelligent move corporately and therefore not likely to happen. Sad face.

Default Re: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by CooperSM2 View Post
    WH:TW is a game I've been dreaming of for years! I would LOVE to see this made, although I believe the fact that CA releasing two blockbuster games with similarities as close as R:TW2 and this in the same fiscal year or even close, would be an unintelligent move corporately and therefore not likely to happen. Sad face.
    It's not gonna happen, the Warhammer game isn't scheduled until 2014.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'd gues that they are in the early stages of the warhammer game and focus on rome 2 first, and once rome 2 is released they will likely assign more people to the warhammer team.

Would be nice to see a fantasy warhammer game once more, I am not interested in getting the MMO since to me it just seems far more suitable as a strategy game.
    Only fantasy warhammer I played was mark of chaos, wasnt much fun but the units looked beautifull, especially of the empire.

For a total war game, they'd have to include all factions though, and it would be neat if good customisation was added as well to the game. And then they can use that customisation stuff for future totalwar titles as well.

Kind of curious about how they will handle one man armies and all that. theres some powerfull single units in warhammer after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Kind of curious about how they will handle one man armies and all that. theres some powerfull single units in warhammer after all.
    One man armies? Very powerful individuals yes, but the "great ones" are mostly dead or otherwise gone in the current world. Dragons mostly sleep etc. etc.

Magic is the thing you could compare to one man armies, and it has been implemented in Call of Warhammer and the Sundering already. Perhaps simply more spectacular effects.

A (more) sandbox game with customization would be a killer!

^ wouldn't really be warhammer without all the extra strong hero units would it? And heck I've had the odd general in med2, and moreso in medieval 1 that was a one man army.

I imagine magic and such would be just like bombardment in fall of the samurai, except maybe for chaos using some sort of "favour of the gods" meter or just limited number of casts, depending on level of your sorcerer.

I more wonder how they'll do the daemony stuff, summoned units with a time limit? or summoned units that will go berserk and attack anything if you don't give them someone to kill?

or skaven on the campaign map, I'm probably wrong, but marching around stacks of skaven troops would seem weird to me.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

Considering that the land will probably be divided with all the existing factions and all that who have their own defined colors, I wonder how they will implement custom armies. Hopefully not exclusive to multiplayer.

I get the feeling the game will be something more akin to battle for middle earth or dawn of war then a total war game.

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by oberst_ag View Post
    I was actually gonna buy this game once, liked the idea of the story .

I know it wont be warhammer total war, though if it is, I want all the codex Factions, plus Chaos Dwarfs, and just throw us a bone with some special units from the other un-codex armies. That way we can add them ourselves latter. So while we can take a water down knight and change the skin and throw it to araby, we still need a camel, and elephant added so it can then be changed from special merc unit, to army conscripted.
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

Considering that its the creative assembly tackling warhammer, I am sure they will make it quite a bit like total war since people are expecting this from them. They would be braindead not to do it.

I can of course imagine it being on a somewhat smaller scale, with perhaps less soldiers in a unit. Each warhammer army is very much unique after all, as well as their cities so it will cost a great amount of work to create all that.

How do we know it might not be an app for Android/IOS?

True, they might hate money and waste the use of this license on something simple that nobody cares about.

So SEGA ended up getting Relic, good fit for them. I don't think anyone would have ever thought that SEGA would emerge as one of the strongest PC publishers by 2013 (with CA, SI and Relic) when they left the hardware business back in 2002. So weird to see them in this position but they've treated CA and SI relatively well so I assume they'll do the same with Relic.

Now to see whether the 40k license transferred to SEGA as well or whether there was a break clause in it. I imagine it probably has transferred given the hefty price that SEGA paid for the company ($26m).

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Londinium View Post
    So SEGA ended up getting Relic, good fit for them. I don't think anyone would have ever thought that SEGA would emerge as one of the strongest PC publishers by 2013 (with CA, SI and Relic) when they left the hardware business back in 2002. So weird to see them in this position but they've treated CA and SI relatively well so I assume they'll do the same with Relic.

Now to see whether the 40k license transferred to SEGA as well or whether there was a break clause in it. I imagine it probably has transferred given the hefty price that SEGA paid for the company ($26m).
    SEGA in one stroke got:

A very competent strategy games developer house
    The Warhammer 40k IP completing the set of Warhammer fantasy and Warhammer 40k
    Two popular IPs, which are Company of Heroes and Dawn of War

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

We don't know if they got the license for 40k tho.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

OH, THE EMPRAH IT SELF!!! It's really you?!!

Well, Relic do retain the 40K IP.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I had a funny thought.....

What if there making a blood bowl game, and not a strategy game atall?

Meh.. actually you do have a point. CA is a pretty eurocentric developper, focussed on RTS which is big in europe, Relic on the otherhand, is american/canadian and knows the american market and knows football/bloodbowl is huge there. With them combined they could split the market...

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Shaio View Post
    What if there making a blood bowl game, and not a strategy game atall?
    There is already a blood bowl game tho. They won't dip into those waters again anytime soon.

This is great news! I remember the good, old Warhammer game as one of the really entertaining strategy games next to TW (I guess Medival 1 at the time).
    I'm genuinely psyched to see how this will turn out with dwarves clashing with ogres and mages shooting fireballs on the battlefield with R2TW quality graphics.

/Getting ready to throw money at screen

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast