Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

Default Re: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Just because its CA is making the game doesn't automatically mean its gonna be an RTS like the Total War series. It might be, but I've seen a lot of people automatically assume this despite the announcement only stating that they are making a game about Fantasy but not its content. That and CA stated that it will be in development alongside Rome 2 and I doubt that the Total War team would be making two games alongside each other especially as both now have extremely high expectations.

While it would be cool, I think Warhammer Fantasy needs to be different from Total War in its gameplay. There is a lot that happens in fantasy that the Total War engine can't do (Even now). Personally I would like to see an Assassins Creed style game with an open world to explore and fight in. A game as a travelling Warrior Priest hunting down beastmen, orcs, skaven, undead and the followers of chaos in the vast expanse of the Empire would be awesome. Similarly you could have a Dwarf Slayer, wandering vampire, chaos champion etc.

But only time will tell what it will be.
    True but then SEGA would have placed the game with another one of it's development studios. There's also the possibility of a hack 'n' slash game, which I believe is more likely than your suggestion, however still unlikely. There wouldn't be much point in getting the WHFB license for a hack 'n' slash when they could have just gone down the Spartan/Viking route again and saved some cash and increased profit margins as in this day and age I don't see a hack 'n' slash selling brilliantly even with a license (see LOTR: War in the North last year).

I think it's fairly likely it'll be an RTS, perhaps under the total war brand, perhaps not. With massive monsters and magic and uberstrong heroes that can munch their way through rank and file, it'll have a distinctly different feel to RTWII. Considering it's only just been announced now it probably won't be released until late 2014 putting a whole year between it and RTWII. So even economically it wouldn't be too affected by being an RTS also.

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

I wouldn't mind a RP game but I think they will do a Warhammer RTS.
    Two of my favourite things added together, Warhammer and Total War, Would be like a pig in
    As they now have the agreement for Warhammer games there is no reason they could not do both over time.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

So, Grant, you don't want to rule over your own Empire and have hundreds of soldiers at your command, instead you'd be happy with a FPS, right?

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

Just as long as the Vampire Counts are a playable Faction I will be happy.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

For the Empire! For Sigmar!!! I want a magnificent RTS in CA style! Great map! Great battles! Great conquests!

GW finally has a licensing deal with CA. Ulysses hopes to see an action-adventure game, as opposed to a strategy game. Makes perfect sense.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

I wouldn't mind an rts game, but I don't think it should be a warhammer clone of total war. They should at least try to make it different.
    Art //

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Well I think it will be different from what they have done regardless even if they do make it a total war game.
    The magic alone and how that works(if they aim to capture how that works) will make it very different from other total war games.
    But seriously tho, when the news hit, pretty much everyone said "Total War with Warhammer, YES!!!", for CA to come out and say "sorry, we are not making that kinda game" would just kill any hype that the news managed to create.

Ruckulf's Avatar Semisalis

Just found out, oh man I haven't been pumped for a game like this for years!

EDIT: I'm hoping for an rts btw, but even if it isn't there's good old CoW of course.
    Last edited by Ruckulf; December 07, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Just because its CA is making the game doesn't automatically mean its gonna be an RTS like the Total War series. It might be, but I've seen a lot of people automatically assume this despite the announcement only stating that they are making a game about Fantasy but not its content. That and CA stated that it will be in development alongside Rome 2 and I doubt that the Total War team would be making two games alongside each other especially as both now have extremely high expectations.

While it would be cool, I think Warhammer Fantasy needs to be different from Total War in its gameplay. There is a lot that happens in fantasy that the Total War engine can't do (Even now). Personally I would like to see an Assassins Creed style game with an open world to explore and fight in. A game as a travelling Warrior Priest hunting down beastmen, orcs, skaven, undead and the followers of chaos in the vast expanse of the Empire would be awesome. Similarly you could have a Dwarf Slayer, wandering vampire, chaos champion etc.

I wouldnt trust CA to do something like that....they tried with viking and spartan....I'd very much want to see Total War: Warhammer

play to their strengths

gotrek and felix the game? that all i think when I hear dwarf slayer... and heck I'd totally play that. if done right i might even enjoy it more then warhammer total war.

I just hope its age rating is above 16, warhammer just seems like something that requires excessive gore.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

It will look different because it will have more blood, more fog and orcs.

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

I liked the hack and slash CA made. I enjoyed Spartan.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

Woah, my browser said I hadn't posted this, my browser trolled me.

Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Sir Pignans; December 07, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

I hope they would put more emphasis on the development of the battle maps, especially sieges. In every single TW game (un modded) the towns, cities and castles are not worth , to put it out clearly and I have thus avoided sieges altogether.

However, with the personalized maps of Third Age I have started to actually fight my sieges. I am fairly sure that the future TW games will not improve from what we have, unless they are open enough to the modding community.

I still put my hopes in the cunning people who make dreams come true. For free and without a budget other than imagination. But if a game is made, it will be a good basis for super mods.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Poor guys, constantly being criticized for their historical accuracy, they've now gone over to an established fantasy universe, where they will once again be subject to lore accuracy.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Poor guys, constantly being criticized for their historical accuracy, they've now gone over to an established fantasy universe, where they will once again be subject to lore accuracy.
    Well the faction roster is pretty much set. I don't see why else they would change it.

I can just see it now.
    "this is horrible, unacceptable, this chaos warrior should have curly horns!"

"the shape of this (BLA BLAS BLA) infantrymans helmet is wrong! it should be more like this picture!"

heck I normally find reading such threads a face palming experience but I think I might actually find it hilarious in this situation.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Yeah true but it would make it harder for CA to do wrong due the source material tho.
    With historical things and ages like Rome and medieval times there is always the question of "did they actually look like that?" and due to this there will always be debate and you simply can't win since there will always be one that got a different image of them.
    But if say they want to make a Ghorgon, they don't have to guess since the model is right there, that's how it looks. Does the model have different types of looks in the box with the model in it ? Yes then those are valid as well.

As long as beast men are playable I don't give a .
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast