Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

Besides that, I guess that the sales royalties alone would pay off a lot of money to make the video games profitable for GW. I do hope they keep Relic making Dawn of War games, however as yourself stated, that's unknown by the moment.

For the time being, I can recommend the FoK mod, that is finally getting officially translated to SoulStorm.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Default Re: Creative Assembly and SEGA Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop

I think this will be really good. Currently there's been no real successor to Warhammer: Dark Omen, with the exception of Call of Warhammer and that mod proved how well the Fantasy variant meshes with Total War gameplay.

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I think we shall see more Warhammer, though at what cost? As a sega fan, I can tell you since sammy got them they are all about the money, check out the new aliens game. They will also look at it in how to make the most money now, and not latter, so chances are it will be made for everything they can make it for, so, something more along the lines of Space Marine on the systems, PC, and at least the vita if not the 3ds as well. I pray something good will come of this, however I also fear them trying to turn it into sega's Halo series. Only time shall tell.
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

What saddens me most is that somehow the businesses has lost the key factor of quality, game companies now go for the quickest money grab they can come up hopping to get some return, and the upper echelons are idiotic enough to don't see that's why many companies are going down, and eventually we will have some kind of twisted monopoly of game production as more companies keep going down and get bought out by others.

The easiest way to make TONS of money with a game? Make a good one. Look at classic things like Starcraft 1, the thing is still selling well over a decade after going out. If you make a good game you will only not make metric upon metric tons of ********s of money, but you'll also guarantee your future by making sequels of the game.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

yeah making a ridiculously good game should be their priority for long term cash flow. we get an awesome game, Sega gets more dough gw as well. we all happy.

in that they probably go for the try and tested formula with DOW or a total war game via creative assembly. i like to see variations but CA`s ability in new genre of late is yet to be seen until they publish that alien survival horror game they working on.
    Last edited by frontier-auxilia; March 14, 2013 at 01:48 AM.

They already did didn't they? The bummer of Aliens Colonial Marines? Or I'm wrong? I'm not really sure on this.

How many W40k video games are in development? There is space hulk, Dark millenium, ,the slitherine one, any news if relic is doing one too? And CA is only making about Fantasy and not W40K right?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Correct, CA is only fantasy and I'm not sure Dark Millenium is even in development.

Oh thats bad news... i was kinda happy to see that Dark millenium woudnt be a MMO, a W40K 'Neverwinter Nights' syle would be awesome...
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    They already did didn't they? The bummer of Aliens Colonial Marines? Or I'm wrong? I'm not really sure on this.
    That game was developed by a different developer entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by God-Emperor of Mankind View Post
    Correct, CA is only fantasy and I'm not sure Dark Millennium is even in development.
    From wikipedia. Seems nobody knows for sure.

On December 19, 2012, the publisher THQ, which owns Vigil Games, filed for Chapter 11bankruptcy, bringing Dark Millennium's fate into question. Video gaming blog Kotaku reached out to THQ's public relations representatives, who gave confusing answers as to the development status ofDark Millennium, stating that "development of this title ended in March 2012", later retracting that to refer to the cancellation of the MMO aspect, but not definitively answering if the project as a whole was cancelled.

Dark Millenium got cancelled long time ago. They were planning on transfering it to a single player game though, maybe space marine 2. But nothing heard of that yet. But the MMO is out of the block.

? From the looks of it they were transfering it from a MMO to a RPG style game with both singleplayer and multiplayer (like the old school RPGs... NeverWinter Nights, KOTOR, etc, which would be way better IMO)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567