Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team, Credits and Applications

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Team, Credits and Applications

i hope he is better at writing than at being funny.

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

awww

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I think he knows that and is just trying to be funny.
    Damn, I'm so innocent

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    i hope he is better at writing than at being funny.
    Ouch.

Look I'll admit that wasn't my best work, but at least it didn't take me 7 years to release!

Relax, I'm joking

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

So you'd rather a 1 year release on the 0.53 map? You'd rather the awful units in the first previews? You'd rather the scripts be the same unpolished, simply written things of 0.53? God knows we had some inactivity last year and exams haven't helped us this year, but our team has hardly changed, unlike a few years ago. Go play those "Game of Thrones" games they released a year or two back, they only took a year or two to make and all-considered, are probably quite cheap on Steam...

Grumpy Inarus grumpy.

Because it wears on you, listening to people constantly whine and grumble about how long it's taken. There is as much packed into this 1.0 release as there was in the first 3.0 versions of TATW. So many people are quick to criticize about the length they've been waiting, yet you don't see any members of the team complaining about how long they've actually been working​ on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce Caron View Post
    Because it wears on you, listening to people constantly whine and grumble about how long it's taken. There is as much packed into this 1.0 release as there was in the first 3.0 versions of TATW. So many people are quick to criticize about the length they've been waiting, yet you don't see any members of the team complaining about how long they've actually been working​ on it.
    My comment about how long it's taken was a one-off, lighthearted joke, as I made clear in the post (at least I thought it was clear), so I think attributing a comment like "listening to people constantly whine and grumble about how long it's taken" to what I said is a bit ridiculous.

At any rate, I think - and correct me if I'm wrong - that the vast majority of posters here are patient and supportive of the incredible job you guys are doing, and I'd put myself in that category based on my posting history here, irrespective of one (apparently ill-advised) joke in this thread.

It wasn't necessarily directed solely toward you, more of the community in general. Just about an hour ago someone in another thread asked when the release will be again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce Caron View Post
    Just about an hour ago someone in another thread asked when the release will be again.
    *GASP* Whaaaaat? The nerve of some people! Can we burn them? Let's burn them.

Joking aside, I appreciate the job you guys are doing and will try to be less annoying in the future (but I can't make any promises)

It's not a bad thing if you guys inquire about progress, just do it in a way that isn't "WHEN WILL I GET TO PLAY THE GAME". Simply ask how progress has come along recently, if there is any menial labor that needs to be done, and ask questions about features etc.

Oh I totally understand your frustrations, I just enjoy giving Inarus a hard time , keep up the amazing work everyone.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Now in other news, on topic or I start the purge...

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

I am not sure how much work there is still left to do but I am willing to chip some time in for scripting/text editing/mapping. I have worked on quite a few personal projects screenshots of which below.

Expansion of France into Britannia Campaign:
    Brand New Map made from scratch, complete overhual of EDB with a different recruitment system.

Ancient Egypt Project I was toying around with:

Again Map made from scratch, completely new and overhauled buildings, added a harvest script with 3 turns per year, specific character traits, and all the 2D Art. My lack of modelling skills however held me back.

Feel free to pm me for any details and so forth.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Foederatus

Hey there, I don't know if you guys need a 3D modeller or not, but if you do I can make some strategy map models for unique castles and places to contribute to the mod. I have no knowledge of putting them in-game, but I'd be happy to help out regardless.

Here's a link to my imgur gallery showing some of my 3D work.

http://andywilkins.imgur.com/all/

eh

AndyWilkins's images are not publicly available.

Foederatus

^ wrong link, sorry

http://andywilkins.imgur.com

hello team i read in some post that there is just coding too do witch is my speciality i would like too offer my services too speed things up in this wonderful mod.

updated with most recent additions (boy, i am old now). if i forgot anyone, or someone made my life harder by changing their username and i missed it, please let me know.

Do you need help on this mod? I would love to be a part of this in whatever capacity!

Here is my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/william-mann-62700920/

Here is my personal website: http://stoneageartisans.com/ (it's very minimalist)

I can send you my resume if you want.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast