Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team, Credits and Applications

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Team, Credits and Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    I do not know the exact process of how to import my models and skins into Medieval 2 Total War, but if you can point me to a guide or tutorial, I can do so. My true reason I would like to contribute is because I feel that some units lack variety in armour, and I hope to put forth something that can do so.
    There's no guide I believe on TWC, I looked for ages! But I worked it out, it's pretty easy. You have to export the file as a static mesh, and then import it into Milkshape as a .obj, then re-rig. It's pretty easy.

I'd be interested in you helping me with some modelling, but I'm super busy at the momento, hence the belated response. Chuck me a PM if you're still interested.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Thankyou good sir what are the chances of him simply ignoring me, after all he doesn't know me and may just not read the message? Either way I hope he considers my request as I would quite enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by war1machine View Post
    Thankyou good sir what are the chances of him simply ignoring me, after all he doesn't know me and may just not read the message? Either way I hope he considers my request as I would quite enjoy it
    dont send him a PM, he likes email better.

dont send him a PM, he likes email better.

I'm afraid I don't have his email

I'm afraid I don't have his email
    did you not see the option to send an email when you click his profile? I mean why would I tell you to send an email if you had no way of knowing his email account?
    simply click the "send email" option and your message through TWC will be sent to Hross' Email Account.
    Last edited by Toho; July 03, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

So quickie, I downloaded GOM, Milkshake and DXTBmp as TWC mod tutorial saya; but when I try to copy and past the .mesh files to play with in Milkshake all it saves as .txt so GOM can't see it. When I directly try to open outta the M2TW/Mods/Random Mod/Data/unit_models all the normally available .mesh files aren't available to convert to msd3. Any ideas to push me toward the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I work in the automation field of programming so I'm good at text editing/ladder logic but this is relatively new to me. Thanks for any help.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

You should be able to just open GoM, select the convert .mesh -> ms3d option and away you go.

You could try GOAT instead; you'll need Python installed to run that too.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

[IMG]file:///Users/Adam/Desktop/Picture%201.png[/IMG] I don't see any option like that, all i see on the left hand side is this. No e-mail option if there is supposed to be one.

try this link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/sendm...lmember&u=7352

if this does not work try to raise the amount of posts you have to at least 25 to unlock full posting rights this is to avoid spammers spamming our email box)

i think i have to wait a week as well, since i only recently created my account, thankyou anyway

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Is anyone here with experience with traits\ancs AND their triggers, who is willing to give a hand with them?

If so, PM me...

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

LeicsFox's Avatar Tiro

Heroes for our time (if you get that reference give yourself a gold star)
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Possibility's Avatar Foederatus

I'll just go ahead and list what I can put towards WTW 1.0, since I have a load of free time now.

Write descriptions for units, buildings, agents and traits/retinues
    Draw up a map to help with general mapping (can include settlements, houses, geography etc)
    Provide any info about houses etc, as I know quite a bit about the series (I need a life, I know)

Though I can't help out with any coding, modelling or AI oriented stuff, I'm more than happy to give the above my best shot and (hopefully) help make WTW as awesome as it can be

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

On it Kilic. Still looking at those note++ files you sent me, have some questions but I'm also looking at other resources.

Application for writing position - touchyandalou

Skills relevant to position: Writing, typing and spelling.

Sample prose (contains spoilers): House Frey faction introduction

House Frey is a young house, like, I don't know, 40 years old or something. The point is that they've definitely been around less than all the other big houses, who I guess were descended from the Andals or whatever. Maybe the Frey's used to be another house back in the day and something went wrong and they became the Freys? I don't know, I'm just speculating. I guess George R.R. Martin never got around to explaining that, or I don't remember it at least. Anyway! They're run by Walder Frey, who has something like a thousand children. Again, I don't know the exact number. He also has loads of grandchildren, which was the fashion at the time. He's very old (90?) although that means that his house can't be just 40 years old, can it? Gah! Ok, let's say he's 90 and his house is 140 years old. Ok. So anyway, as well as having a lot of children the Freys also have a lot of money, and own two fine looking castles connected by a bridge, positioned by a strategic river, which they get to say who can and cannot cross. So they're kind of a big deal.

That may all sound really great, but the problem with the Freys is that they're just the worst. Like, totally. Ugh, you have no idea just how bad they are! They start off as friend's of the Tullys, and I don't want to spoil it for you, but god, they're just awful, I hate them so much.

So yeah, go ahead and choose this faction to play, it'll be fun! Strategically, you'll be doing lots of fighting and exploring and probably even some diplomacy. There is much potential for expansion: you've got the Starks to the north, the Arryns to the right, the Tullys and Lannisters below you and some other guys to the left, probably the Ironborn. And because of all the Frey children you'll have like a million generals you can send out and it won't matter if you suck at the game and get half of them killed because there's always plenty more!

So yeah, do I get the job?
    Last edited by TouchyAndalou; July 22, 2014 at 07:21 PM.

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

On a faction description you must be straight and impartial and I feel like there's much uncertainty and personal opinion on your text. That's just my opinion

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
    Application for writing position - touchyandalou

Skills relevant to position: Writing, typing and spelling.

Sample prose (contains spoilers): House Frey faction introduction

House Frey is a young house, like, I don't know, 40 years old or something. The point is that they've definitely been around less than all the other big houses, who I guess were descended from the Andals or whatever. Maybe the Frey's used to be another house back in the day and something went wrong and they became the Freys? I don't know, I'm just speculating. I guess George R.R. Martin never got around to explaining that, or I don't remember it at least. Anyway! They're run by Walder Frey, who has something like a thousand children. Again, I don't know the exact number. He also has loads of grandchildren, which was the fashion at the time. He's very old (90?) although that means that his house can't be just 40 years old, can it? Gah! Ok, let's say he's 90 and his house is 140 years old. Ok. So anyway, as well as having a lot of children the Freys also have a lot of money, and own two fine looking castles connected by a bridge, positioned by a strategic river, which they get to say who can and cannot cross. So they're kind of a big deal.

That may all sound really great, but the problem with the Freys is that they're just the worst. Like, totally. Ugh, you have no idea just how bad they are! They start off as friend's of the Tullys, and I don't want to spoil it for you, but god, they're just awful, I hate them so much.

So yeah, go ahead and choose this faction to play, it'll be fun! Strategically, you'll be doing lots of fighting and exploring and probably even some diplomacy. There is much potential for expansion: you've got the Starks to the north, the Arryns to the right, the Tullys and Lannisters below you and some other guys to the left, probably the Ironborn. And because of all the Frey children you'll have like a million generals you can send out and it won't matter if you suck at the game and get half of them killed because there's always plenty more!

So yeah, do I get the job?
    Pity you forgot grammar.
    Last edited by Inarus; July 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Pity you forgot grammar.
    Some factuality instead of a continuous ramble wouldn't hurt either, though I do think you could have some potential TouchyAndalou, if you get some sources and try to remove yourself from your hate, or love of whatever you write about.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRox View Post
    On a faction description you must be straight and impartial
    I think he knows that and is just trying to be funny.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast