Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assassin's Creed III

Default Re: Assassin's Creed III

It would have been pretty cool if the Haytham parts went deeper with London to visit.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    The Wolves unbeatable? It's just pressing two buttons in a sequence, boring, but hardly difficult.
    Well I'm not very good at it because I changed my controls to better fit the game, so it's a rather annoying sequence on opposite sides of the keyboard.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Anyway, I largely agree with your views.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad game, I had fun while playing, but it's so incredibly bland and just the same thing all over again.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky View Post
    Well I'm not very good at it because I changed my controls to better fit the game, so it's a rather annoying sequence on opposite sides of the keyboard.
    Had such a problem with that early on, I almost got a 360 controller for PC to compensate for the poor key mapping.

Well the developers did explicitly say that they designed the game with a controller in mind, even on PC -- the keyboard is less than ideal.

I actually rather like the game, though I do agree with the OP that the mandatory childhood sections are much too long and boring, especially after you've already played the game once (I imagine, I haven't finished it yet). And some of the minigames are just infuriating -- the one where you have to separate the two men fighting is just awful: there's no explanation of what you're supposed to do, and it's fiddly, and when I did it a deer bugged out and got stuck there in the cutscene in mid-gallop as I was trying to separate the two guys!

But the frontier and the sea battles are actually really well done in my opinion. I commend them for taking such a risk with these two major features of the game. The result is not always flawless, yes, but it was worth it, in my opinion. Plus have you ever climbed a cliff or a tall tree in the frontier? It's breath-taking in a way almost no other game is.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I have to agree on every single point you've made. This is a terrible game, and re-buy the original AC over AC3 any day.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Indefinitely Banned

I agree with the review.The game could have been better and was repetitive.And I am a fan of Assassin games.
    Nice review and informative.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Just a note: Single player is unplayable with nVidia 3D vision. It's rated "not recommended", but that's an understatement. Pity, because brotherhood and revelations were great in 3D.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12