Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How bigs the map? (SFTOW)

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default How bigs the map? (SFTOW)

Its going to have to be pretty big if Bretonnia, Tomb Kings, Araby, and the Dark Elves are going to be in it.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: How bigs the map? (SFTOW)

Big, but small.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

This is the Struggle for the Old World Map

Oh man, that looks like fun.

If I may ask, how many regions/settlements?
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

How exactly will the high elves and the dark elves be in the campaign? Will they have colonies in the old world like in Call of Warhammer?

i think there is more than a hundred of regions, map is big and detailed.

Dark elves will have a raiding outpost on the north between bretonnia and empire, as a starting point.

High Elves will have a spot close to Tilea to the south

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Ah, ok.
    Another question, how will the skaven start?
    With a few regions around Skavenblight or isolated regions all across the map? Because im not really sure how you would portray the underempire when its...well...an under empire.

Looks awesome! But what about the Chaos Wastes?
    Make America great again!

as Kolwen's map shows it, it is pretty obvious : no chaos waste.

chaos faction will be called "beasts of chaos" and will be mainly composed of beastmen and rare daemons. player will be also able to recruit norsemen warriors and heavy warriors of chaos from ports as rare contingents from the wastelands.

we didn't want to have the same map as COW, really.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Himster's Avatar Praeses

What year is this campaign?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

are there any units of tilea and estalia cant wait to play with them

For the moment no, in the game. You will have to wait for the next version.

The map is awesome
    canīt wait to conquer it

Default Map

CAN we see map ?

Edit Arandir : Threads Merged : Read Before posting please
    Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; December 10, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

Default Re: Map

If you mean The Struggle for the Old World, it's right here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post12304205
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

Imho lack of some crucial regions is a mistake, and when i speek crucial i mean: chaos waste, and worlds edge mountains.

There will be dwarfs in this mod, but according to this map there will be no key dwarven holds, and this idea about chaos beeing only a beasts, well, i would really like to se chaos faction fully in this game.

I understand that you don't want to copy COW, but you are not doing it, their campaigne is fixed on storm of chaos, only small part of old world covered in their mod, and imho, this is just silly to not implement some regions, and factions just like they ment to be, only because someone else did similar thing.

Using this logic there should be no medieval oriented mods, coz SS is allready here, but ppl do diffrent mods

Don't get me wrong, i dont criticise your decisions, i just try to tell you that aiming for warhammer mod, with most major factions + most of the important regions is a great idea, and this is not copying anything, coz you are aiming +/- on sandbox campaigne, and COW focus on one event.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by azgard View Post
    Imho lack of some crucial regions is a mistake, and when i speek crucial i mean: chaos waste, and worlds edge mountains.

There will be dwarfs in this mod, but according to this map there will be no key dwarven holds, and this idea about chaos beeing only a beasts, well, i would really like to se chaos faction fully in this game.

I understand that you don't want to copy COW, but you are not doing it, their campaigne is fixed on storm of chaos, only small part of old world covered in their mod, and imho, this is just silly to not implement some regions, and factions just like they ment to be, only because someone else did similar thing.

Using this logic there should be no medieval oriented mods, coz SS is allready here, but ppl do diffrent mods

Don't get me wrong, i dont criticise your decisions, i just try to tell you that aiming for warhammer mod, with most major factions + most of the important regions is a great idea, and this is not copying anything, coz you are aiming +/- on sandbox campaigne, and COW focus on one event.
    This is a list of Dwarven strongholds in the chosen area of the Old World. Some of them are between the most important dwarven settlements in the Warhammer Universe.

Karak Azgaraz, Kazad Sedazund, Khazid Grimaz, Karak Izor, Karak Norn, Karak Grom, Karak Ziflin, Karak Kaferkammaz, Karak Eksfilaz, Kazad Elgazund, Kazad Frukund, Karak-Hirn, Barak-Varr

The Chaos won't be only beasts. There will be also Chaos Warriors, Chosen ones, marauders, etc.
    We have selected that map mainly because this way we can include regions from more kingdoms such Tomb Kings, Wood Elves and Araby while the other factions still having important regions.

Really beautiful map, but don't you think that you are wasting a bit of land mass space with so much water( it looks like almost 1/3 of the map). It is always few more regions to conquer more . Anyway top notch job. nad rep
    Last edited by Mac101; December 27, 2012 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    This is a list of Dwarven strongholds in the chosen area of the Old World. Some of them are between the most important dwarven settlements in the Warhammer Universe.

Karak Azgaraz, Kazad Sedazund, Khazid Grimaz, Karak Izor, Karak Norn, Karak Grom, Karak Ziflin, Karak Kaferkammaz, Karak Eksfilaz, Kazad Elgazund, Kazad Frukund, Karak-Hirn, Barak-Varr

The Chaos won't be only beasts. There will be also Chaos Warriors, Chosen ones, marauders, etc.
    We have selected that map mainly because this way we can include regions from more kingdoms such Tomb Kings, Wood Elves and Araby while the other factions still having important regions.

No Karaz-a-Karak, and no Karak Kadrin = no dwarfs
    But i can be not so obiective in this matter

Yeah i read about that player will be able to recruit chaos warriors, but the main force of his army will be beasts, thats quite ok with me

You say that the map will get around 100 regions, cap is higher in mtw2, so expanding it just a tiny tiny bit on east, and north to capture dwarfs, and chaos waste is just wierd for me, but well, than someone else can say "why no dark elf lands" or "i want lustria"

As i said i don't want to criticise your ideas, i understand them, maby not allways accept, but still think you are making great work

TBH, I also would like to see those bits the map is "missing", i.e. easternmost part of the Empire, World's Edge Mountains and Chaos Wastes.
    Eventually having a sandbox Warhammer mod as complete as possible (i.e. all armies, nations and territories, even - I know it's a remote possibility, but hey - the Ogre Kingdoms) would be the awesomest thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast