Thread: Not a proper AAR

Default Not a proper AAR

... but I'll add some videos of battles from my current campaign in here.

First out is a pretty standard battle in SPQR. It's a defensive battle with a legion that's become quite distinguished. The legate, Tertius "The Infantryman" Arrianus, of the 13th legion is a veteran who have served at the gallic frontlines for roughly 12 years and is soon looking forward to retirement in his home town.

I've debated whether or not to run down the enemies after they rout or not. The AI sure don't chase after you if you have a full rout, so a strict play should dictate that neither should you to the AI. However, I've noticed that since the AI can't retrain it's units, you end up facing alot of half strength units bunched up in an army that is no match at all really. So by running down as many enemies as possible and trying to wipe out them completely, I'm actually making the AI a service by letting them recruit new full strength armies instead.

http://youtu.be/dqIrXlOsi9o

I'll try to record some more spectacular battles in the future, this one was just a test run really

Edit:
    For some reason I can't get the embedding to work. But the updated link to the video is up there now
    Last edited by Ejergard; December 18, 2014 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Updated video link

Default Re: Not a proper AAR

Nice start.Would love to see more.

give me a couple days and ill post something consistent :3
    I played SPQR back in 2009
    Last edited by Necrontyr; December 05, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
    Proud Reviewer of mods for medieval 2 and Rome Total war
    Been gaming since i could walk and beyond
    Check my Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/necrontyr1800?feature=mhee

I fear RTW2 will never feel the same as SPQR mod with the Old Engine. Good video.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

I would use my general to kill the men who routed the last so that you can use your cavalry to kill the ones that routed the first.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

I love the fact that we all still love the mod, I've not seen ejergard or hesus around anywhere other than here. And I agree lt, I'm not sure I'm going to bother with Rome 2 I don't see how it can hold up to SPQR. You know you wreaked total war games for me? They just don't play right compared to SPQR

There is room for improvement for Rome 2 over the original, but the current trend of focusing on nice graphical features instead of actual gameplay and modability puts a doubt in my mind.
    So far, none of the other sequels (or mods for that matter) have gotten me as hooked as SPQR.
    But I still keep my hopes up for Rome 2

Nice fight Ejergard. I usually have 2 parrallel lines, hastati and princeps. I like how you set up your princeps, I might try to do the same.

I'll be glad to see more of your battles.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Yes this is a holy thread Necro, just wondering, you still around with these vids Ejergard? the vid in the OP is a broken link now and would love to see more of these from you and other players!
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra123 View Post
    Yes this is a holy thread Necro, just wondering, you still around with these vids Ejergard? the vid in the OP is a broken link now and would love to see more of these from you and other players!
    Hello Ultra123, no I'm not actively playing SPQR anymore. Still have it installed, and I probably will return as I usually do
    I've updated the link in the OT. For some reason I can't get the embedding to work anymore. But the link should work!