Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Principality of Moldova

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Principality of Moldova

Hi Guys, AMAZING preview and GREAT unit skins !
    The only thing is.......half of the units seem to be out of proportion and thus look like dwarfs.
    ( just too little arms and legs )

Am I the only one noticing this ?
    For the rest: Keep it up & Cheers !

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i´m speechless. most impressive
    greatest respect to you people

Cronos Impera's Avatar Foederatus

Great preview as always, Pheonix et company.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    well, bosnia is done like typical medieval state, with spearmen, swordsmen, bowmen etc. we had research thread of bosnia, and there was not much info of some unique unit. that doesn't surprise me, since there are no much text about organization of bosnian army, mainly because of lost text during ottoman times, while we have in serbian documents unique units like pronijari, bastnici, krajisnici, almogavers, germans etc. serbia preserved some of medieval text cause of orthodox church which managed to take some of the documents, and preserve memory of glorious times. in bosnia after medieval times muslim religion was strong, so there was no attempt for people of bosnia to save any texts from those times. we could add maybe our own names like kopljanici, but that would only be translated name for spearmen from english.

btw, don't see this post as offensive, but realistic. church was in many nations keeper of tradition, while in bosnia many people were not so close to religion. not having strong "organization" like church, people of bosnia lost many traces of their medieval state
    There are two nice approaches.

1) Original names like we did in EB and you do in TTW

Eg: Vlastella (Bosnian Noble Cavalry)
    2) Translated unit types in early dialects such as Dorobant (Trabant) or Shield-bearer (Thureophoroi).

That way you get to fill the game with native names. It is a straight-forward process. It gets you rid of the English names.

Katapharktoi (Byzantine Heavy Cavalry)
    Curteni (Wallachian Horse Archers)

Good luck with your next factions.
    Last edited by Cronos Impera; December 03, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    "Daca voi nu ma vreti, eu va vreu" (Alexandru Lapusneanul)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    well, bosnia is done like typical medieval state, with spearmen, swordsmen, bowmen etc. we had research thread of bosnia, and there was not much info of some unique unit. that doesn't surprise me, since there are no much text about organization of bosnian army, mainly because of lost text during ottoman times, while we have in serbian documents unique units like pronijari, bastnici, krajisnici, almogavers, germans etc. serbia preserved some of medieval text cause of orthodox church which managed to take some of the documents, and preserve memory of glorious times. in bosnia after medieval times muslim religion was strong, so there was no attempt for people of bosnia to save any texts from those times. we could add maybe our own names like kopljanici, but that would only be translated name for spearmen from english.

btw, don't see this post as offensive, but realistic. church was in many nations keeper of tradition, while in bosnia many people were not so close to religion. not having strong "organization" like church, people of bosnia lost many traces of their medieval state
    OK I understand now , I was a bit to hasty anyway .

I enjoyed reading all of this. No need to express my thoughts on the visual part - 'tis the same as always. Congratulations. I hope to enter the world of Tsardoms very soon.

Excellent textures!
    Moldavian Strajeri and Voinic Spearmen looks disproportionately. They have too big heads and too narrow shoulders.

Matthĉus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Moldavia
    I followed development of this faction closely, and I just want to say how pleased I am with final results.
    Excellent work !

About Bosnia:
    As one of mod researchers I can only that I'm extremely pleased how Hrobatos managed to make all those beautiful units considering he had to work with very scarce information.

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Amazingly beautiful units! wow!

These units look beautiful there execlent.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Great job guys ! Lovely crafted units and a serious research. Keep up the good work !

Awesome work guys! Keeping the standard high! Keep on going.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos Impera View Post
    There are two nice approaches.

1) Original names like we did in EB and you do in TTW

Eg: Vlastella (Bosnian Noble Cavalry)
    2) Translated unit types in early dialects such as Dorobant (Trabant) or Shield-bearer (Thureophoroi).

That way you get to fill the game with native names. It is a straight-forward process. It gets you rid of the English names.

Katapharktoi (Byzantine Heavy Cavalry)
    Curteni (Wallachian Horse Archers)

Good luck with your next factions.
    Thanks for the post. Always great to see that members of such a mod as EB appreciate Tsardoms

With the naming we actually use a middle approach. That is, a comination of both native names and English names. That is why you see names such as Calarasi Horse Archers, Voinic Spearmen etc. We try to avoid having only native names because we want people to have at least an idea of what the unit is or does at first glance.

For example when we were doing the Swiss roster we had a unit initially named Hackenbusche Schutzenfahnlein, however non german speakers would have had no idea what the unit is or does.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Awesome new units and overall faction preview looks really unique.

Though I have to agree with poster above, that some units, i.e. Strajeri and Plaiesi Archers look disproportionate - head is too big comparted to body parts.
    It also seemed strange to me that Serfs Levies have such fancy shirts and clothes, being the lowest social class. The skins for those do look beautiful ntl.

This preview looks awasome!
    I really like what you did with the units' design. I noticed that some of them (the lower classes) are wearing traditional romanian clothing - I like that a lot

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by eatme View Post
    It also seemed strange to me that Serfs Levies have such fancy shirts and clothes, being the lowest social class. The skins for those do look beautiful ntl.
    Alas, those are not fancy clothes. They are traditional hand woven clothes which all the peasants and lower classes wore.

The clothes were made by these peasants using traditional wooden weaving instruments as seen below:

They did not use any sort of fancy materials, just plain cloth and homemade dyes.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

My Romanian girlfriend just saw the last couple of posts and went "*sigh*, silly Westerners"

)))
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    wooden weaving instruments
    and in the first picture is an instrument called: "razboi"=WAR
    I have one of this in my country house

*regarding Moldavian Macemen any chance to tone down the color of metal spikes on the mace ? maybe an old efect.
    *some of the units look disproportionate

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Just found about this from front-page, and I have to say the texture work is pretty damn amazing. Great work guys.

Indeed villagers from many cultures had those skills, but I always though these well ornamented fancy clothes were generally for special days and not for daily wearing, am I wrong ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast