Thread: Pleasure cult script

Default Pleasure cult script

Your mod is astonishing and I admire it a lot. The only thing I would modify for my own gameplay is pleasure cult script. I mean the script which causes random good factions to switch sides.

May I ask for information what entries in which files need to be modifed in order to turn pleasure cult script off?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Pleasure cult script

Factions switch to the pleasure cult when they get excommunicated by the Phoenix King, and they get excommunicated when they attack other elven factions (not Tiranoc and Nagarythe, obviously). So, I'm not sure if you can just switch that off without modifying the AI. Besides it's a civil war and THE Sundering, where would the fun be with a good backstabbing every once in a while ?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

In the previous versions, the Phoenix King was excommunicating them in the same moment they betray you. So all the campaigns were finishing with all the factions as pleasure cult worshipers.
    In the 0.68 they are excommunicated at Phoenix King's will. He can decide not to do it even if they are attacking you and he may send just warnings to your aggressor.
    Now the Phoenix King usually reacts only if they keep attacking you for a couple of turns ignoring his ceasefire request.

And what are the consequences of excommunication? Can excommunicated faction be good again for example by killing its leader?

^ Nope, you just stay excommunicated forever. Once you're passed to the Dark Side you cannot simply leave it for good.

I didn't know about this feature. This will make things interesting then.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo