Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creative Assembly Let's Talk Total War

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Creative Assembly Let's Talk Total War

Now all we need is to make european cavalry (dont know the proper term) and we can have a beautiful pike & shot army!

Basicly we need the riders in 3q plate, armed with flintlock pistols & sabres/Lances & sabres.
    When i get my compyter back im making one of those ASAP, so i can have reiter style horsemen ridding about, and winged hussar style cavalry smashing squares!
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

The interesting thing is that it seems as if sengoku period warfare was not too far away from pike & shot warfare either, superfluous to mention that it would have looked entierly different from what we can see in the game. This thread provides some interesting information (watch out for Shos' posts in special). I though you could be interested:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post10869477
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post
    Also, we can give the gunner unit the pike square ability, if nothing has changed since empire mechanically they will be able to form the square and shoot from all sides. I did this in Empire. I'll dig up a screenshot of the result:

heres a steam screenshot of my 17th century warfare mod I was working on a while ago: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...FF646B3393771/

I was able to make the rifle units go into square formation just like the pikes, so they couldnt get flanked. only bug was that their weapons would dissapear sometimes while reloading.

heres a better screen: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...349A1C4885302/
    Uhh me likey.

Have never heard of this mod, is it any good? does it feel accurate and polished?

Have been looking for a decent XVI-XVIIth centuries european warfare game forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12