Thread: Weekly Competition #5 [Cube control] [2000GMT Saturday the 1st of December]

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Default Weekly Competition #5 [Cube control] [2000GMT Saturday the 1st of December]

Welcome to another weekly competition.
    This time we will be using this amazing map: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...d-wars-12w38b/

Rules The goal is simple, destroy the other team's bed and kill their remaining members. Throw their bed into the abyss to ensure they can't recapture it.

Every team must work together to gather as much resources as possible to create weapons and defences for your spawn. At your spawn and in one of the cubes are villagers who sell you stuff for certain items. Use them wisely; the team who uses them most will have a big advantage. Protect them, too: you don't want your sole source of upgraded items lost because you failed to defend them!

1. No crafting beds.
    2. Beds can only be placed on obsidian. Placing a bed elsewhere will see it removed from play by an admin.
    3. Picking up a broken bed is acceptable: recapture and replace your bed on the Obsidian as quickly as possible once lost, otherwise your team cannot respawn!
    4. No breaking the glass boundaries.
    5. Do not use wear dyed armor of the other team: wear only your team colour.

On a final note: Your inventory won't be lost when you die.

Important: Detailed information on trading, and hints and tips, are given in the link to the Minecraft forum. It is strongly recommended you read the post.

Scoring
    Every player participating in the game stands for 10 points.
    -20% of all points go to every member of the winning team.
    -10% goes to the player who destroys the bed (spawn) of the enemy and successfully throws it into the abyss: as long as the bed is in play (can be retrieved) the points will not be awarded.
    -10% goes to the player with the most kills and 5% goes to the runner-up and number 3 of most kills.
    -The player with the most incredible feat ends up with 5%, which will be decided upon by the moderators
    -5% goes to the last man standing of the losing team
    -and finally 5% goes to the player to break the stone brick block in the middle of the map
    Last edited by Poach; November 30, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Pat89's Avatar Northman™

Default Re: Weekly Competition #5 [Cube control] [2000GMT Saturday the 1st of December]

Yeah that game is pretty cool

Vicarius

Default Re: Weekly Competition #5 [Cube control] [2000GMT Saturday the 1st of December]

The map looks quite good.

I will be there! Looks awesome!
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Pyrate9999's Avatar Semisalis

you forgot to include the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

It says the time on the thread title...

yeah this game looks epic

Artifex

Game will start in 10 minutes

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

looked cool but was kinda ruined by the fact that inventories didnt drop on death, which leads to one guy running in between the entire team destroying the bed and picking it up and then its GG for whichever team lost their bed.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

'twas the point. The islands and voids below were meant to make it difficult, but the team defences were poor.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

we had 5 guys in there, but doesnt change the fact that not dropping stuff on death is retarded and makes us trying to get the bed back moot.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

I charged in and broke your bed without anyone noticing. I had time to check my inventory and determined that I hadn't picked it up. As a result, I started swinging at the nearest person, thinking they had the bed, and that killing them would allow me to loot it off their corpse.

If I had the bed in my inventory when I went to check, I would have run off the edge into the abyss, thus getting rid of it. Nobody noticed I was there until I attacked.

Artifex

Score

-40 points go to the members of the orange team
    -20 points go to benz282 for destroying the bed
    -I made a big mistake by adding awards for most kills. We had such a great killcounter, but I forgot almost all kills would be caused by falling into the abyss. Sorry about that.
    -10 points go to dxbjamal for most incredible feat. Firstly he laid down a path so 123brogan could get the stone brick block and after that he used the turrets to their full extent.
    -10 points go to 123brogan for destroying the brick block.

Final count is :
    Austin: 40
    Dxbjamal: 40 + 10 = 50
    Josstwc: 40
    4727i12: 40
    Poach: 40
    Barleye: 40
    Chelsero: 40
    123Brogan: 40 + 10 = 50
    Benz282: 40 + 20 = 60
    Celoxia: 40
    Last edited by Eöl; December 04, 2012 at 02:56 PM.