Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Information and Download (Beta 0.68)

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Information and Download (Beta 0.68)

Welcome everyone to the 11th annual Mod of the Year awards, a celebration of the best mods released in 2012 as well as the up and coming whom we hope edge towards release in 2013.
    For the next 30 days, it's time to recognize the dedication and creativty of so many hobbyist game developers who have given everything to their craft (which, in many cases amounts to years of development).
    Up until Jan 1st 2013 join modDB and help celebrate your community, culture and vote for your favorite projects.

<<This is by far the most enjoyable mod i have ever played for Medieval 2 total war. It brings you right into the fighting while building your economy. Every single faction is unique in gameplay , focusing on different strenghts. Every single unit is beautifully made and the Epic Monsters like the Bloodthirsters are always a pleasure to watch. And the special characters in the mod can turn the tide of some campaign battles , giving the feeling that the books provided. I recommend this mod to every single person who enjoys Warhammer.>> - LordKronos

<<No problem at all, stable as hell also. Yea I'm enjoying it : ) Thanks.>> - 7ty7

<<No problems installing it. Stable as it comes, I haven't seen this stability since third age total war mod.>> - jasperz0r

This is what the testers say about the closed beta so we will switch it to open beta right now. Enjoy the mod!

Check the Surrealbeliefs Youtube Channel for more videos

New factions: Dwarfs, Orcs&Goblins, Tomb Kings and Skaven added to custom battles.
    New units: Some new units like Centigors, Bloodthirster or Dark Riders have been added to the original factions.
    Princesses: Every faction starts now with one princess.
    Reworked Building Icons: Now Nagarythe and The Cultist have their own building icons.
    New Portraits: All the family members and agents have new portraits.
    New User Interfaces: We keep improving the User Interfaces and game menus.
    Allied Assistance Script: Your allies will ask you for help during the campaign.
    Phoenix King Assistance Script: The Phoenix King will help you with reinforcements if your capital is besiged, but only if you are allied and eager to pay for them.
    Improved Stability and Bug Fixes: Now the campaign is even more stable.
    Improved Texts: Corrected grammatical errors and wrong translations.
    Improved Unit Balance: Among other changes, archers are now more dangerous.
    New morale system: The units will try to flee if they are outnumbered. Some units can inspire nearby troops. They take special importance in this version.
    New Projectiles: The projectiles have been totally reworked.
    Armour Upgrades: Some troops have now special models for armour upgrades.
    Unit variations: Trying to avoid clone wars is a huge task, but we have worked a lot on this.
    Unit Color Schemes: Some units like militias, spearman and archers have adopted specific color schemes to fit their factions.
    More Aggressive AI: Now Nagarythe and The Cultist will be a lot more likely to attack.
    Completely Skinned Settlements: Not only the walls! The whole settlements have been textured.
    Mercenaries: Now you can recruit elite units from other kingdoms as mercenaries.
    New sounds and musics: Your lions won't sound like elephants anymore!

TheSundering_0_68.exe (1.22mb) - Part1 (GameFront)
    TheSundering_0_68-1.bin (698.78mb) - Part 2 (GameFront)
    TheSundering_0_68-2.bin (700.00mb) - Part 3 (GameFront)
    TheSundering_0_68-3.bin (618.36mb) - Part 4 (GameFront)
    or
    TheSundering_0_68.exe (1.22mb) - Part1 (RapidShare)
    TheSundering_0_68-1.bin (698.78mb) - Part 2 (RapidShare)
    TheSundering_0_68-2.bin (700.00mb) - Part 3 (RapidShare)
    TheSundering_0_68-3.bin (618.36mb) - Part 4 (RapidShare)
    or
    TheSundering_0_68.exe (1.22mb) - Part1 (Speedy Share)
    TheSundering_0_68-1.bin (698.78mb) - Part 2 (Speedy Share)
    TheSundering_0_68-2.bin (700.00mb) - Part 3 (Speedy Share)
    TheSundering_0_68-3.bin (618.36mb) - Part 4 (Speedy Share)
    or
    TheSundering_0_68 All parts - Torrent Gamefront
    TheSundering_0_68 All parts - Torrent Mediafire

Code:
    1. Download all parts to the same folder
    2. Run the TheSundering.exe and let the installer do the job
    3. Make sure the path is correct (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\The_Sundering) or wherever you have installed your game.
    4. If you are using Steam be sure to follow this tutorial to get the mod to work.

Code:
    Problem: When I launch the executable it runs vanilla M2TW
    Solution: You have chosen an invalid installation path. Please, reinstall the mod and make sure it's on it's properly folder.

Problem: One of my files is corrupt. What part of the download is this file included?
    Solution: Download again the mod. Check the sizes of the files, they should be the same as we stated in the download section.

Problem: Whenever I try and install the mod, a prompt requesting Disk 1.
    Solution: Make sure the installation file's names are correct. They must be TheSundering_0_68.exe, TheSundering_0_68-1.bin, TheSundering_0_68-2.bin and TheSundering_0_68-3.bin. Perhaps some of them have been changed to TheSundering_0_68-1.bin(1) or other name.

Last edited by Kolwen; December 25, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: Information and Download (Beta 0.68)

OH MY GOD! You've made my weekend! Downloading right now, will give feedback asap.

BTW. Would be awesome if you could make Gamefront mirrors.

The mod will be soon upload on ModDb

irneh's Avatar Civis

there is no bretonnians ????

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Not yet mate. They will be added in the 0.7 version.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Congratulations for the new release! I will download asap (2am here, hehehehe)

Thanks for your continued work. It's looking great.

Will this overwrite previous versions or should we delete those first?
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Uninstall the previous version please Thanks for your support!

irneh's Avatar Civis

is the 0.7 coming soon ? :capn argh:

Im having a little trouble downloading from moddb. Could you guys repost those previous links, pls? Thanks in advance!

I've downloaded all parts multiple times now (thank the lord for high speed internet), yet I can not install it. No previous version installed, it always tells me that there are problems with various descr.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

I'm sorry Ayamo. Have you tried downloading all the parts from moddb?
    Paradamed, I'm uploading a torrent, that may work better :\

Deleted every previous downloaded file, did a fresh download of all four files, installing now.

And I am looking SO MUCH forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    I'm sorry Ayamo. Have you tried downloading all the parts from moddb?
    Paradamed, I'm uploading a torrent, that may work better :\
    Thank you man, but I really didnt want to give a lot of trouble to you guys. I only asked cause I remember seeing some links earlier on. No need to make a lot of effort to do it. I could download 2 of the parts. I think it was just because of high traffic or busy servers. I will try the rest later on. I can wait patiently for a few more hours, no problem. Im thankful enough for you guys to create this beauty!
    Edit: I managed to download it but Im having the same problem as Ayamo. Im having an error with many descr files missing. I checked the size of the files and it is the correct size. Maybe the uploaded files are corrupted.
    Last edited by paradamed; December 01, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Thank you man, but I really didnt want to give a lot of trouble to you guys. I only asked cause I remember seeing some links earlier on. No need to make a lot of effort to do it. I could download 2 of the parts. I think it was just because of high traffic or busy servers. I will try the rest later on. I can wait patiently for a few more hours, no problem. Im thankful enough for you guys to create this beauty!
    Edit: I managed to download it but Im having the same problem as Ayamo. Im having an error with many descr files missing. I checked the size of the files and it is the correct size. Maybe the uploaded files are corrupted.
    It's not a problem mate.
    Have you downloaded all the files from moddb?
    They are not interchangeable with the old ones.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Torrent uploaded

Finally, I've had some time to test this mod. It's great, though it has its flaws.

First of all, Morathi costs sth like 45k in custom battle, too many zeros I think.
    Secondly, I feel that Chrace Chariots are too weak. Dunno if it's me using them wrong or they are really fragile. In first battle they got slaughtered in less than ten seconds by cultists' archers (reapers those were, I think) and in second battle the same happened but the butchers this time were disciples of khaine.
    Furthermore, I think there is no Ellyrion in custom battle. The other thing annoying me is that princesses movement speed is incomparably slower to diplomats'. Princess gets to the point in six turns whereas diplomat does it in 3.

Other than that mod is awesome. Units are quality and the amount of lore you've put in the mod is astonishing.

My bad, I had the first part ( the exe part), downloaded from the previous link. Downloaded it from moddb as well and now it worked great! Looking good so far. I will give some feedback asap. Have to go to work in a few minutes. I noticed a bug. The invisible riders from the spiders will appear as a silver unit that is visible depending on the distance we look at.

I think that moddb might not be the best place for placing your mod as to my best knowledge they actually place their files in gamefront.com and gamefront is not available in many countries namely:

http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/

I live in one of blacklisted countries and when I wanted to download torrent file, which is 20kB I get the message "The file you have selected (TheSundering_0_68.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes...". I tried many times and the message is still the same.

So, in order to get torrent file, which is 20kB I had to hide my-ip and pretend to be from other, not blacklisted country. By the way I used http://hide-ip-proxy.com/

Could you at least put the torrent file, which is 20kB probably here as an attachment. The file is so small that probably twcenter won't object.

http://depositfiles.com/files/u0eyy1mrb

Here you go. A torrent file for you mate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast