Thread: Case For UFO's: Modern Sightings

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Case For UFO's: Modern Sightings

Everybody knows what a UFO is. An Unidentified Flying Object, something in the sky which has been seen by all types of eyes countless times over the 20th and early 21st century. Some believe these objects to be strange natural anomolies, others believe them to be government projects withheld from the public eye due to reasons of national security, others believe them to be false and completely fabricated, though the most popular theory is that UFO's are extraterrestrial craft here to observe our civilization for unknown purposes.

I believe in this theory. First, it is quite obvious tha UFO's are real phenomena, not just elaborate hoaxes, mass hysteria, and misidentified objects. Secondly I believe we can safely say that these objects are manufactered and not natural in origin, either terrestrially or extraterrestrially made these objects display characteristics common with intelligence flight rather than the erratic and unpredictable movement of some natural phenomena.

The Evidence for the UFO/Alien Connection

We have come to the conclusion that UFO's are intelligently controlled objects due to an abundance of corraborating evidence that comes from credible sources around the world. Witnesses to these objects have not been uneducated rednecks and farmers as many skeptics would like to say, but have been astronomers, medical doctors, physicists, astronauts, aircraft engineers, air traffic controllers, military personell and most important of all military and commericial pilots, who's trained eyes have seen all that modern flight and the natural world has to offer. Aside from their credentials, these people have reported seeing these objects at the same place at the same time without having contact with one another prior to the occurence.

Other evidence comes in the form of video and photography recorded during mass sightings of such craft. During the 1991 Mexico Solar eclipse thousands of people reported seeing strange metallic objects in the sky all over Mexico. Video was shot of these objects from many different locations throughout the eclipsed area, all showing the exact same object. Skeptics try to debunk this mass sighting through the notion that during the eclipse the planet Venus became visible in the sky and the Mexican population mistook it for a UFO. This explaination does not suffice, however, because Venus was not in the portion of the sky where the objects were seen and upon close inspection of the video evidence it is clear that the object in question is in motion.

Another such incident happened in the US city of Pheonix, Arizona in 1997 in which a very large V-shaped craft was seen slowly moving over the city. It was witnessed by thousands of people in two different areas that same night only a couple hours apart. It was also video taped by three. The object had six lights outlining it's V-shaped figure and according to witnesses blocked out the stars as the huge object passed overhead. The airforce later tried to explain the event by saying that they had dropped flares over Pheonix that night as part of a training exercise. They decided to put on an airshow to demonstrate to the population what had really happened. The result was unsatisfactory. The sound of jets filled the air, contradicting what witnesses of the March 13 event said was a silent object. Also the flares that the airforce dropped during the demonstration fell fast and eradically, not looking anything like the uniform set of lights seen on March 13.

The final evidence to suggest that UFO's are alien in nature involves the military. In 1947 an object crashed on a small ranch near the New Mexico town of Roswell. The vehicle skimed the surface of the ground before actually crashing, leaving a debri field some distance form the actuall crash site. This was overlooked by the military. Mac Brazil, the owner of the Foster Ranch in which the object crashed, later inspected the debri field finding strange metals and materials that were feather-light yet could not be damaged or torn. After hearing of the crash, personell from the White Sands military base nearby responded to the crash. These words filled newspaper headlines the following day:

This story was soon retracted, but not soon enough to avoid the story making its rounds across the nation. When the story was retracted the air force put into place the ridiculous idea that the crashed object was just a downed weather balloon made of light plastics, wood and foils.

This story stuck for another 40 years until the military once again changed its story, saying that it wasn't just a mere weather balloon but a secret spy-balloon project called Project Mogul. While this theory is a little more logically sound then the weather balloon theory, it still does not suffice. While Project Mogul was classified, the materials that made up the balloon would be easily recognizable to anyone who saw them and would not be mistaken for the strange materials that Brazil reported finding. Something else which discredits this explanation is the fact that a different Mogul balloon (flight #6) had crashed similarly on a ranch. The rancher found the wreckage and alerted the military. They came politely and without the shroud of secrecy to collect the wreckage.

Aside from the military's illogical and forever changing position, there is new evidence to suggest a cover-up. In this photograph showing debri from the alledged weather balloon, General Ramey, the man in charge of this event, is holding a military document. Of course he had no way of knowing that 60 years later technology would allow us to enhance and read that document:

Software designed for photo analysis and forensic work can be used to decipher this memo. Once filtered through the software the phrases "victims of the wreck" and the word "disc" as well as "shipped to Fort Worth, Texas" can be made out. If the crash was a mere balloon of any sort there would have been no victims, and if the object was a test craft it would not have been a "disc" and the dead pilots would not be "shipped" to Fort Worth.

Aside from this, military personell who claimed to have been there during the incident have come forward with sworn testimony detailing the recovery of a sort of alien craft with victims inside.

That is all for part one. I might write more later but I've spent about an hour writing this essay. Look foward to part two on ancient astronauts.

Foederatus

Default Re: Case For UFO's: Modern Sightings

I really recommend Carl Sagan's The demon haunted world: Science as a candle in the dark for anyone that believes in that, it debunks aliens, UFOs, ancient astronauts and all sorts of Pseudoscience. I'm not even going to try to debunk this since there are so many others that can do it much better then I can. Nice essay anyway, but I certainly don't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke
    I really recommend Carl Sagan's The demon haunted world: Science as a candle in the dark for anyone that believes in that, it debunks aliens, UFOs, ancient astronauts and all sorts of Pseudoscience. I'm not even going to try to debunk this since there are so many others that can do it much better then I can. Nice essay anyway, but I certainly don't agree with you.
    You don't have to agree with me, but you need to take into account the evidence. Carl Sagan's book doesn't debunk anything. It makes good arguements against such subjects, but they aren't without there faults and counterpoints. If you believe one man's book can single handedly debunk all paranormal activities you are mistaken. I think Sagan once said that while he doesn't believe in ancient contact with extraterrestrials, he doesn't dismiss it from the realm of possibility since no one can prove or disprove from the distant past. I believe that there is a lot of evidence to support the idea that UFO's are extraterrestrial, would it be unscientific to believe that they are alien? Maybe. But it would also be unscientific to dismiss it. By the way this isn't pseudoscience, this is indepth research into the reality of a real phenomena. Try telling reknown physicist Stanton Freidman that his life's work into the Roswell case is all for not.

Foederatus

Wow, I was writing a long reply to that but I managed to press the wrong button. Crap, I'm not going to write it again, it's late and I'm a bit tired. Perhaps tomorrow. Could you show me some of this Stanton Freidmans work? I never heard of him and I'm really interested what his lifelong research has turned up.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

The Universe is far too large and vast for the earth to be the only planet with sentient and technologically-savvy life-forms. The volume of very similar sightings gives even more credit to the concept of intelligent and advanced life from another planet.

http://www.stantonfriedman.com/

Here is his biography:

Stanton T. Friedman received BSc and MSc degrees in physics from the University of Chicago in 1955 and 1956. He was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for such companies as GE, GM, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas on such advanced, classified, eventually cancelled, projects as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and nuclear powerplants for space.

Since 1967 he has lectured on the topic "Flying Saucers ARE Real!" at more than 600 colleges and over 100 professional groups in 50 states, 9 provinces, 16 other countries. He has published more than 80 UFO papers and appeared on hundreds of radio and TV programs. He is the original civilian investigator of the Roswell Incident and co-authored "Crash at Corona: The Definitive Study of the Roswell Incident." TOP SECRET/MAJIC, his explosive book about the Majestic 12 group established in 1947 to deal with crashed saucers, was published in 1996 and went through 6 printings. The 2nd edition with a new 5000-word afterword was published in September 2005 and is in its 2nd printing. Stan was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award in Leeds, England, in September, 2002, by UFO Magazine of the UK. A documentary "Stanton T. Friedman IS Real" was broadcast in Canada in 2002.

He has provided written testimony to Congressional Hearings, appeared twice at the UN, and been a pioneer in many aspects of Ufology including Roswell, Majestic 12, the Betty Hill-Marjorie Fish star map work; analysis of the Delphos, Kansas, physical trace case; crashed saucers, flying saucer technology and challenges to the S.E.T.I. (Silly Effort to Investigate) cultists.

Stanton Friedman takes a clear-cut unambiguous stand that SOME UFOs are alien spacecraft, that the subject of flying saucers represents a Cosmic Watergate, that none of the anti-UFO arguments made by a variety of noisy negativists stand up to careful scrutiny, and that we are dealing with the biggest story of the past millennium: visits to Planet Earth by alien spacecraft and the successful coverup by governments of the best data: alien wreckage and bodies recovered in New Mexico, for 59 years. He has spent many weeks at a total of 20 document archives. Stan has successfully taken on many critics of flying saucers, Roswell, Majestic 12, including winning a debate at Oxford University
    As you can see he is one of the best and most credible UFO researchers in the world.

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

Do you know anything of the Illojym?
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

I've never seen a UFO myself, nor has my dad or anyone i know.

I went to Area 51 though, but we didn't go at night so I didn't see anything.

I know they exist, but idk what they are. It varies from case to case. I know their was that project by the government to study UFOs and they found several that couldn't be explained at all and they found that ufos dont exist, somehow, when they had several unexplained events. The point was to find one.

So the logical conclusion is that they do exist, but what they are is the question. For the unexplained, i'm guessing military aircraft though.

I believe in aliens but idk what they would have to gain from coming here so i lean away from the "their visiting us" idea.

I used to be a ufo alien fanatic for years though. All that "Chariots of the Gods" stuff, or whatever that was called.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

N.E.A.A.: No Evidence At All

So the logical conclusion is that they do exist, but what they are is the question. For the unexplained, i'm guessing military aircraft though.
    That is the only conclusion we can come to by fact, but there is evidence to suggest that while some may be military aircraft, others are not.

I'm guessing you didnt' read my essay. Its funny that the people who laugh at UFO's and claim there is no evidence are the ones that have never spent time studying the subject.

This is a lot like my man made UFO thread with much the same information. Just without the conspiracy theory. This is where that thread started out. Except I believe their man made not aliens.

We have come to the conclusion that UFO's are intelligently controlled objects due to an abundance of corraborating evidence that comes from credible sources around the world
    Again most likely experimental aircraft.
    I have nothing against the womens movement. Especially when Im walking behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by PacSubCom
    A government report would seem to disagree. They found many examples of unexplainable events which was the object of the report, however they were forced to conclud that they found nothing even though they found exactly what they were ment to.

It is believed they were shut down because a lot of their reports were actually finding experimental aircraft that was classified.

Again most likely experimental aircraft.
    Exactly. Its OBVIOUS that they exist so saying their is no evidence for UFOs is completely foolish when those aircraft are probably just that.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I agree that many UFO's are experimental aircraft, but I believe there is evidence to support the idea that others are extraterrestrial in nature. One arguement I've formulated is the fact that some of these ufo's are far too large to be within reach of our military. And if the military was creating such gigantic craft they would most likely fly them in the miles of restricted airspace granted to them in the desert, rather than a large urban area where they could be seen and video taped by thousands of people. Not to mention that the military seems scared when such incidents occur. Sometimes they have fired at, or scrambled jets to combat these craft. If it was some sort of military test vehicle I doubt the same military would attempt to shoot itself down. Just my thoughts.

How do you know they are large? Were they measures with anything besides the naked eye?

Also, remember, a lot of aircraft are quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by The Messenger
    How do you know they are large? Were they measures with anything besides the naked eye?

Also, remember, a lot of aircraft are quite large.
    I think you underestimate the power of the naked eye. Most people aren't going to mistake a small Cessna

for a 747 jumbo jet

its common sense. Plus in the video and photographic evidence available you can identify an extremely large craft as well. One bigger that anything humanity has the resources to build.

this is just a theory that probably isnt true, but wat is extraterestrials arnt as advanced as we think, wat if they only mastered long distance space travel.

What I always wonder is that if there are super-advanced aliens why would they visit Earth?
    And who's to say these ships arent unmanned (if they are UFOs at all).
    There's theories that there might be life at Titan (one of Saturn's moons) or another moon of Saturn/Jupiter that is covered in ice (I forget the name because they have so many moons. Therefore, these aliens may not be that far away (though it is very, very unlikely that any advanced lifeforms live elsewhere in the solar system)