Thread: How to fight Mongols with european army?

Default How to fight Mongols with european army?

Firstable i have to say this mod is verry good. There is few bugs and issues with units from different time frames. For example gothic knights in 13th century But mod still is verry good and i think verry close to realism of medieval warfare. However i have problems fighting Mongols. I play with Poland and its really hard to win a battle with Mongols. Few issues: Cavalry Mongols have 200 people units of cavalry , polish biggest one is 85. If i make army made of cavalry only i have 1/3 of mongol army-no chance. Infrantry its not really good to fight horse archers. So i have made this thread to put maybe some tactical hints in to it. Any ideas lads? Please share your methods how to fight with Mongols .

Default Re: How to fight Mongols with european army?

I would suggest fighting them the historic way. Meet them on uneven terrain or behind big, big forts. But them on a battlefield where their cav is useless.

I was thinking more of center with heavy infrantry, say 6units of infrantry 4 of archers behind, and two cavalry wings on sides to flank the enemy and direct them in to strong center, but.... Flanks must be verry strong, best units can get.

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Donīt expect, that european cavalry stops mongolian archers. My favourite tactic is using two (sometimes three) armies against one mongolian army. (But you really need powerful PC.) Experienced general and catapult in the army are useful things. Enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    Donīt expect, that european cavalry stops mongolian archers. My favourite tactic is using two (sometimes three) armies against one mongolian army. (But you really need powerful PC.) Experienced general and catapult in the army are useful things. Enough ?
    Yeah, i usually do the same 2 armies on one mongolian, and this seems to be only way, but forts are good too. Just let them besiege it. Suerly they will do it with twice stronger force then the one inside. Battle is lost but i kill lot of them and then they weaker. After that attacking with full stack weakened mongolian army and its done. I was actually testing this tactic and works. Inside the fort must be heaviest infrantry and shooters. Loses for mongolians are huge

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Thatīs right. And there is biological weapon too. Plague in the mongolian cities itīs terrible thing. But they are coming again and again..