Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Imperator III - Special Extended Version

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Imperator III - Special Extended Version

While still enjoying my sudden interest in RTW/BI vanilla campaigns that I've been playing, I took whatever time to do a new mod base on BI. This mod is probably part of the planning to do the RTRPE version for BI (a new mod, no longer a conversion) but with the RTR forum is down it's hard enough to get the RTRPE members together so I basically do the early work base on my Imperator mod.

The difference is now that the other factions will be playable instead of just Romans. Do note however, that this mod was never intended to rival RTR 7.0 which is in developement but is meant as a compliment to RTR by adding or using factions that weren't included in the official RTR list.

The basis of this mod starts (tentatively) at 280 BC but that's probably change because it doesn't include Epieros (which will be in RTR 7.0) and the end date depends on how much I wanted to do the scripted events. If using a 4tpy system then the mod will probably ends in 14 AD with 2 reforms (Camillan and Marian) but if it's decided to stick with 2tpy then it'll probably will end around 180 BC with reforms for the Marian and Imperial.

It uses mundus magnus 3 map which has been converted to be use with BI engine and the bigh space in the east means I'm going to include Mauryan Kingdom to replace the Baktrian slot. Other non-RTR faction will be Mauretania and Casse (in place of British faction).

Screen shots of few factions and map done so far.

S.P.Q.R. - the rebellion works more better that using the loyalty system in RTW 1.5 base

Arche Seleukia - the large empire will be devided by 2 cultural influence, the Graeco-Roman (Hellenic) in the west while their eastern holding are more populated with the Eastern Mysticism & Mysteries. As a ruler, you must adapt the fragile empire either by uniting the cultural differences while making sure that rebellion wont happen. Like the Romans, the Seleucid rebellion will spawn a new faction.

Kingdom of Makedonia - for those Alexander wannabe.

More preview will come and the actual team will be announce when everyting is confirmed. The slot is still open for those who wanted to join the team.

Cheers.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 29, 2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Not to be confused with the current Imperator II for RTRPE

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Default Re: Imperator II - Special Extended Version

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    The slot is still open for those who wanted to join the team.
    Tempting offer .

Btw, i hope i'll finish AE this weekend, then i'll send you...

... you know what .

limes

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

Quote Originally Posted by limes
    Tempting offer .

Btw, i hope i'll finish AE this weekend, then i'll send you...

... you know what .

limes
    Yeah, well this project actually have no tentative finish date and lack of finish direction yet. :tooth: As usually with me, I just mod whatever comes to mind. Even when one not joining the actual mod teams I'll very much appreciate to anyone who can contribute to skins, models or faction icons etc.

As I unshamelessly confess, my modding knowledge are only limited to coding and text editing only..

Continuing with the factions list:

Sarmatians - I took liberty to start them as a horde so the player or AI can choose better settlements for the faction.

Kingdom of Numidia - Playable

Mauretania - Not playable. A split facton of Numidia

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

@AngryTitusPullo:Your Mod is playable only with Romans,but modifying descr_strat is possible to play with other factions?
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

So that was your project, Lestat. It looks really good. I hope I could help you, but I am currently busy with 77 BC. I will keep on checking your progress and best of luck.

ATP/Lestat

glad to see you got the cool map working. I'll be happy to help you where I can.

Ps I made a little mod to make rome special with lots of unique buildings etc. I stumbled on to a way to put in a little local difficulty for rome in regard to her Italian allies and the social wars. it's quite simple actually. Use the marian reforms (which happend about 14 years before to trigger a change in attitudes towards Rome)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    I'll very much appreciate to anyone who can contribute to skins, models or faction icons etc.

Ok. You can count on me.

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Excellent stuff Lestat

as always!

as always, Lestat always brings new game elements to RTR, it must be a curse, always making mods and never playing them

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Caesar
    as always, Lestat always brings new game elements to RTR, it must be a curse, always making mods and never playing them
    Well I still play occasionally my RTW vanilla Julii and BI Franks campaign.. occasionally...

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin
    So that was your project, Lestat. It looks really good. I hope I could help you, but I am currently busy with 77 BC. I will keep on checking your progress and best of luck.
    Well this project is still long way to go and any help even in the futire will be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by chanks1
    ATP/Lestat
    glad to see you got the cool map working. I'll be happy to help you where I can.

Ps I made a little mod to make rome special with lots of unique buildings etc. I stumbled on to a way to put in a little local difficulty for rome in regard to her Italian allies and the social wars. it's quite simple actually. Use the marian reforms (which happend about 14 years before to trigger a change in attitudes towards Rome)
    Check you pm message....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCorneliusMarcellus
    Excellent stuff Lestat as always!
    My one and only promoter !!! If you suddenly need a break from writing you war journals I can use some helps in the writing department..

Quote Originally Posted by limes
    Ok. You can count on me.
    Very very very much appreciated...

great, the map I was wanting for rtr for ages is finally here,

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco
    @AngryTitusPullo:Your Mod is playable only with Romans,but modifying descr_strat is possible to play with other factions?
    If you mean Imperator II, yes, but as I said in the main thread, playing other faction wont be much diferent from playing vanilla RTRPE. The only different is probably Romans will be defeated in less than 5 turns if you play other faction (like Epieros).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Caesar
    great, the map I was wanting for rtr for ages is finally here,
    Not actually here yet, but close...

Some familiar units thanks to Dark89 and the RTR team.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 07, 2006 at 02:22 AM.

Hey, Lestat. I was looking around your first post and I have seen that it is your intention to replace Bactria with other factions. Any reason for this, except the difficulty of making Bactria an emergent faction? It is my personal opinion that it is a historically accurate faction, more than Casse (the Britons), who should historically ba confined to their island.

Hey, Lestat. I was looking around your first post and I have seen that it is your intention to replace Bactria with other factions. Any reason for this, except the difficulty of making Bactria an emergent faction? It is my personal opinion that it is a historically accurate faction, more than Casse (the Britons), who should historically ba confined to their island.
    For the Baktrian slot, I'm using Mauryan faction, thatnks to Vikrant. I'm adding a british faction solely with the intention when Romans (always Romans) invade Britain, by giving a faction there it'll be much more organized instead of rebels.

It's not playable, and they (Casse) wont be able to build ships to transport the to mainland.

I see your point. But I am going to miss Bactria anyway...

I see your point. But I am going to miss Bactria anyway...
    Well, Baktrians in RTR were basically Greeks with eastern touches, since I hate phalanx units I think I wont miss that much..

Hmm, can you include an option of keeping Baktria? I really liked the greek with eastern influences bit, and Baktria can eat into Seleukia, or India while the Mauryans really shouldn't go anywhere( no civilization has ever invaded from within the Hindu Kush to the outside) :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by xman160036
    Hmm, can you include an option of keeping Baktria? I really liked the greek with eastern influences bit, and Baktria can eat into Seleukia, or India while the Mauryans really shouldn't go anywhere( no civilization has ever invaded from within the Hindu Kush to the outside) :hmmm:
    Let's say, if we really want to play as historically as it can be then the only fun faction to play are only Romans.. In the game, even RTR or EB or even vanilla, do we play as Carthage to be defeated by the 3rd Punic war ?

Anyway Baktria is still avialable in the coming RTR 7.0.. so no one will miss it anyway..

After much soul-searching and thought... Seeing that 2 major mods, RTR 7.0 and also Imperium are both base on mid to late republican era starting 280 BC, I have decided to make this mod starting poiint at 264 BC o the eve of the First Punic War. I mean, I myself simply hate to fight Pyrrhus all over again playing as Romans.

I need help of anyone regarding sources of this peroid, like Romans' territory, other faction existed etc. Are phalanx still widely used this period..... :hmmm:

Sorry, no new previews as I haven't finish adding the units etc....

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast