Thread: V4 Uruk Dominion Fan Thread

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default V4 Uruk Dominion Fan Thread

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: V4 Uruk Dominion Fan Thread

Changes in V4

Reskin of Ly Kans
    Remodel of Reptarri (and new shield designs)
    Reweaponing of Demos Swordsmen (and new shield designs)
    Reweaponing of Novices of Callista
    New Units - Necromongers and Priests of Callista
    Starting region changes.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

My favorite faction of them all. I love the Uruks for their violent nature and brutal abilities, they're the ultimate warriors. And the Demos, Callista worshipers and Reptarii are great fighters too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExpendable View Post
    My favorite faction of them all. I love the Uruks for their violent nature and brutal abilities, they're the ultimate warriors. And the Demos, Callista worshipers and Reptarii are great fighters too.
    Reptarii? Those feeble greenskins are only fit to work in our mines!

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Though they are inferior to the might of the Uruk Gan, they still are a welcome addition on the field for covering the lesser roles (like gun-toting).

Though they are inferior to the might of the Uruk Gan, they still are a welcome addition on the field for covering the lesser roles (like gun-toting).
    Of course they are, but I was speaking from a Romuli point of view .

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Of course they are, but I was speaking from a Romuli point of view .
    Well then, I guess it's clear why they chose to serve a different master.

Reptarii run much faster than the Demos units, and so they take the role of cavalry sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Reptarii run much faster than the Demos units, and so they take the role of cavalry sometimes.
    Yep, cavalry without penalties against spearmen.

Yep, cavalry without penalties against spearmen.
    Certainly not heavy cavalry. I can see them now, charging in and wiping out an entire unit of Legionaires .

The shock of heavy cavalry is not necessary - A Uruk Gan charge is just as effective.

But lizardmen obliterating legionaries would be the most random thing I'd ever see in any game. This calls for some EDU editing action.
    Last edited by MrExpendable; December 13, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

I am quite impressed to how the Priests of Callista work. It was so enjoyable to see them fry my enemies on the battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus of Byzantium View Post
    I am quite impressed to how the Priests of Callista work. It was so enjoyable to see them fry my enemies on the battlefield
    Not so enjoyable for me as the Romuli when i first met them, seeing my troops getting fryed.
    But yeah, is so going to play as the Dominion next playthrough

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Just about to start my first real campaign with Version 4.. Was a hard choice which faction to choose.. Gaelic or Uruk... But since Uruks were the first race i ever played when i first tried Thera i figured it was only right to be the first faction I play in version 4..

I noticed right from the start that Otto was no longer in his castle up north but instead is in the field outside Demos... This does not bode well for the Romuli or Lao Che peoples as now all of my focus will be on the Southern continent. From my previous Uruk campaigns i remember my Wars in the north were always something that slowed my expansion into Romuli and Lao Che territory. With this no longer being the case the Uruk dominion shall rule the South...and soon all of Thera! mwhahahaha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Just about to start my first real campaign with Version 4.. Was a hard choice which faction to choose.. Gaelic or Uruk... But since Uruks were the first race i ever played when i first tried Thera i figured it was only right to be the first faction I play in version 4..

I noticed right from the start that Otto was no longer in his castle up north but instead is in the field outside Demos... This does not bode well for the Romuli or Lao Che peoples as now all of my focus will be on the Southern continent. From my previous Uruk campaigns i remember my Wars in the north were always something that slowed my expansion into Romuli and Lao Che territory. With this no longer being the case the Uruk dominion shall rule the South...and soon all of Thera! mwhahahaha ha!
    Yeah that northern settlement was just not worth it to keep. I'd always get sieged before I could make a worthy army.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post

The northern region was given to them inorder to try and make them expansive in that area, but never really worked out, so I removed it. Now they are a much more expansive faction when under AI control so I think it is a positive for them.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

TFON, I got a question. A few months ago, I made the suggestion of adding some silver-back skin etc. to the Uruk Gan to make them look more varied and stand out from their lesser peers. Have you thought about adding them in?

If you aren't going to add them in anymore, I'll try to do it myself and maybe release it as a submod once they get approved.

TFON, I got a question. A few months ago, I made the suggestion of adding some silver-back skin etc. to the Uruk Gan to make them look more varied and stand out from their lesser peers. Have you thought about adding them in?

If you aren't going to add them in anymore, I'll try to do it myself and maybe release it as a submod once they get approved.
    It was one of the things that was sidelined because people were baying for the mod to be released. I will look to include it in the next patch (time allowing).
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 04, 2013 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    It was one of the things that was sidelined because people were baying for the mod to be released. I will look to include it in the next path (time allowing).
    Thanks for your intend to include them, I'll be looking forward to the next patch!

The Uruk Bodyguard are the best infantry unit in the game....I watched these guys hack down elephants....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast