Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: V4 Empire of the Romuli Fan Thread

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default V4 Empire of the Romuli Fan Thread

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: V4 Romuli Empire Fan Thread

YEEEAAAAH!

So, what does everyone think of the new and improved Romuli?

Citizen

I'm loving them. Their new roster and weapons really pack a punch, especially the new gladius animations that the Legions now possess.

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

the new hesperos pike unit really comes in handy when you need to fight the barka later on...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    So, what does everyone think of the new and improved Romuli Torvii?

I love the new Romuli. They're the first campaign after the Dracule I've stuck with. Filthy Uruks and schemeing Barka are going to get what's coming to them. Lao Che are cool dudes and my friends
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Things I've noticed....

1. Hastati Auxilia are weaker than the Legionarii Auxilia of the past, but with shield wall they make for the best spearmen in-game, even better than noble spearmen in tanking.

2. Gladius animations are much quicker than regular sword animations, which mean even with a lower attack a legionarii can potentially defeat more powerful foes simply by making the other guy flinch enough that he can never fight back, just like real life.

3. No more Praetoriani spam is a good thing.

4. Helots are actually somewhat decent light infantry. Bestarii are useless, sort of.

5. Retiarii still seem to get killed by everything. I do have a question though. While they use spear animations, their unit class is Heavy Infantry. Does that mean they have no penalties fighting enemy infantry?

I've added this piece as my Romuli strategic map and mobilize music themes. Vanquishing Constantium's enemies was never so rewarding! The recurring fanfare makes it so Romuli and epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjlBCAx6330

I envisioned the Romuli to have more of this theme....but 2 Steps from Hell is always nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDbDUgB8sO8
    Last edited by IGdood; December 11, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

can u make the legions throw once per attack then charge, same like rome total war, instead of being missile units then convert to infantry

Citizen

Just add the "prec" attribute to their primary attack attribute line in the "export_descr_unit.txt"

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    I've added this piece as my Romuli strategic map and mobilize music themes. Vanquishing Constantium's enemies was never so rewarding! The recurring fanfare makes it so Romuli and epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjlBCAx6330
    that's freaking awesome :O

I'm quite sure it'd work for the dracules as well though

These new epic units make me want a submod that adds the Legio line to their descriptions. That would be awesome.

Anyone ever noticed that they're actually called "empire of the Romuli" in-game?

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Citizen

Hmmm... yes.

Yes they are.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Just add the "prec" attribute to their primary attack attribute line in the "export_descr_unit.txt"
    prec?
    i assuming that mean "pre - charge"?
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Default Re: V4 Empire of the Romuli Fan Thread

Nope, it's actually just 'prec', it's a holdover from Rome Total War that made the legions throw before charging. I'd assume CA was using a kind of shorthand and that it does mean Pre-Charge, but the actual attribute is just 'prec'. (without apostrophes).

Quote Originally Posted by NightfireXIV View Post
    Romuli citizen in Constantium for me please, less chance of getting mauled by Uruks and/or Ly Kan. Bit less worried about Reptarii though .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Romuli citizen in Constantium for me please, less chance of getting mauled by Uruks and/or Ly Kan. Bit less worried about Reptarii though .
    You're right Roboto, being a Pleps is safer! But beware they come to Constantinum

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast