Thread: Still having issues with formations...what am I doing wrong

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Default Still having issues with formations...what am I doing wrong

I downloaded and installed the 1.1.5 patch and overwrited all the files and i remember placing the formations folder into the data folder CATW/Data.

I took this screen of a custom battle..

Also I cant seem to get prometheus cities to work and I beleive the movement speed for all troops should be decreased a little, they zoom across the map at a super human speed.

Thanks,
    Eva
    Last edited by Evalation; November 28, 2012 at 02:41 AM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Default Re: Still having issues with formations...what am I doing wrong

Sorry about the double post and the constant problems. but I was wondering if you thought about adding in some more building choices on the campaign map, the ones that are there are the ones from the original RTW and their a bit dull, if you can somehow implement more building choices,

for example instead of just being able to build temples to one god/goddess from a choice of only 3, make it to where all the gods/goddess's are presented, and maybe some governmental buildings aswell, like annexation, client states, or more income buildings like for example in RS2 the have a complex system of wine trade, fish, olives, etc.. and you can build them all.

The main jist is, this mod needs a building overhaul.

I got to admit, this mod blows other mods away with uniqe units/animations. If you work with more campaign/building things i believe this mod will exceed europa barbororum and even Rs2.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Also I cant seem to get prometheus cities to work and I beleive the movement speed for all troops should be decreased a little, they zoom across the map at a super human speed.
    I will reduce the movement in the next patch.

Prometheus cities, paste them into your main RTW data folder. Do not try too put them in your CATW data folder.

As for formations, which faction is this? Or is it for all factions.

I was wondering if you thought about adding in some more building choices on the campaign map, the ones that are there are the ones from the original RTW and their a bit dull, if you can somehow implement more building choices,
    Yes, I did think about that and it may or may not be on my list. (Depends on my time)

It also requires scripting so the AI will build the new buildings. RS2 is lucky to have a massive team of experienced modders all specialized in certain area's, over here its just been Coco, myself and Anarchon working on CATW.

I got to admit, this mod blows other mods away with uniqe units/animations. If you work with more campaign/building things i believe this mod will exceed europa barbororum and even Rs2.
    Thank you very much, that means a lot to us.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

the faction in the screenshot are the Ptolomies. I was Seleukia, i havent tried with other factions yet.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this problem is native to CATW since when I play Seleucid it works for me, I can post a screenshot if you wish...
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure if this problem is native to CATW since when I play Seleucid it works for me, I can post a screenshot if you wish...
    Sounds good, this is a custom battle btw. Could it be that it only works on the campaign?

Don't think it makes a difference. Those are files that are loaded in every battle.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hahaha. As usual Eva, you were right. There is something wrong! I was having a stare down with the descr_formations and then I finally realized the file I realesed in 1.1.5 is an old file I used in my early modding days in 2006!

I completely forgot to add the updated version designed for CATW into the patch...my mistake haha. I'll fix it in a new patch soon. I had wanted to stop releasing several fixes+new content at a time as patches and just upgrade the entire version to 1.2 with a much larger amount of them.

edit: to hell with it, I'll just release it now as an emergancy patch
    Last edited by z3n; December 19, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Thanks buddy, keep up your hard work on this mod man.
    Your truly going to take this one to the top.

+rep

Also once your finished with all the big stuff your working on(which might take a while I know) you should consider getting some sig banners made for this kickass mod, Id deffinately put it in my sig.
    Last edited by Evalation; December 08, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Coco made some awhile ago (2007ish?), check here I think he put most of them there http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=476097
    The AI Workshop Creator