Thread: Loyalty for generals

Default Loyalty for generals

What makes generals rebel? I'm on my 50th turn in the campaign or so, pre-marian. Avernii dcides to attack and the day looks grim so I give up my campaign in north africa and brings my all 3 silver chevron units to counter, then they rebel.... All under the command of Scipio the younger

Default Re: Loyalty for generals

I find that generals/family members with less than 5 loyalty rings, should not be given troops period. An ideal field commander should have 6+ in my opinion!

You got to make them rest in a city for a bit, otherwise their loyality keeps dropping: i suppose scipio stayed too much on the field

^whs

Don't leave disloyal generals in charge of legions for too long, or they start to get ideas.

I sympathise though.
    I just saw my first ever silver chevron republican legion rebel in the middle of greece, where I'm already undermanned and being attacked by the Macedonians and the Greeks.
    Had to divert the legion that was about to head for Spain, which means I'm having to fight an increasingly unlikely heroic victory every turn in order to hold onto Carthago Nova.

Unlike you, however, I don't even have the excuse that it was an honourable Scipio who betrayed me.
    If I'd ever bothered to look closely at this general's traits, I would have seen that he was a disloyal shite. But instead I kept him in command of armies, since he was such an cruel authoritarian bastard that he couldn't be left in charge of cities without them teetering on the brink of rebellion.