Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GG2's EDU for BC 2.3.2

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: GG2's EDU for BC 2.3.2

Progress has been stalled by university work, but I should have this done by late March.

Artifex

Good luck, the more to chose from the merrier!

A small note about the question of what the EDU is; one should not forget that it includes references to other files as well that determine some things about units, like mounts, projectiles, missile accuracy and animations.

Why is this thread stickied? Will gamegeek2:s new EDU be in a coming new version of BC?
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

Considering that I'm a BC team member, it's not unlikely that this will be featured in BC 2.4. Also, you are correct about those extremely important references, and this EDU project will modify the mount, projectile, and animation files as well.

This is in my opinion the best EDU for BC I've seen so far. The unit costs, stats and sizes seem very nicely balanced.

There are only a few things I'd like to point out, which might make this even better:

- The removal of secondary melee weapons. The AI doesn't know how to make proper use of them, and the units stop midway their charge. I've changed this in my version of this mod, using k/t's RC models for Varangians to have their weapons permanently 2h.

- Twohanded axe animations are OP. Therefore, unit types like Varangian Guards have no trouble taking on huge numbers of enemies in melee. I personally replaced these animations with twohanded sword animations so that these units still perform very well, but can be beaten with superior quality troops/numbers in melee.

- Perhaps lowering the morale. It's too high at this point, units fight almost to the death even when completely surrounded. This makes certain types of battles quite tedious, especially sieges. Defenders have to be almost equal to their attackers in terms of numbers to overcome them because the attackers simply won't give up at all. I found that halving the morale of all units is a good balance.

- Costs for custom battles. I know that this isn't the focus of the mod, but I thought that MP battles would be very nice to see in BC. Thus, I figured that halving the troop costs in custom battles were necessary. The weapons upgrade costs also seemed to be unbalanced.

I've made a great deal of changes to the EDU, and would like to contribute by sharing my own modified version of this and see if other people would be so willing to elaborate. It doesn't seem like GG2 is very active at the moment, so I wonder if I need to ask permission for doing this.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MrExpendable; May 21, 2013 at 01:33 PM.

Is there anywhere to get this EDU file?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

i remember getting some kind of EDU planned for version 3.0 but i forgot where i got it,yeah anyway to get this EDU?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12