Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GG2's EDU for BC 2.3.2

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

Icon4 GG2's EDU for BC 2.3.2

Hey guys! Last time I did this, it seemed to be fairly popular, so I've decided to do it again, with the benefit of a flexible, easy-to-use stat system created by none other than myself. It is an altered version of the stat system I created for Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi, tuned to suit Medieval 2's animations and engine and what I have learned about it.

The new EDU will attempt to make full use of the plethora of features offered by M2TW: Kingdoms, including the ability to create units of up to 250 men each. It will also make every attempt to be as historically accurate and realistic as possible without harming factional balance, etc.

I hope to finish this project within the month, and am looking for volunteers who are willing to test the new stat system should indicate so in this thread; I intend to do this via Hamachi, using the EB Online Hamachi network (we have room for up to 32 people in it, so it'd be best to use that instead of the 5-person max free networks).

Default Re: GG2's EDU for BC 2.3.2

Can you write what changes are you planing comparing to your earliest EDU for BC?

Compared to the previous EDU, battles should be somewhat faster and more dynamic, swords should be better balanced (thanks in no small part to what seem to be modified animations in BC 2.3.2), and missiles should have a more balanced effect across unit quality levels (IE will do somewhat more damage to better armored troops than in my old 2.0 EDU, though less than in vanilla BC 2.3.2). In addition, unit sizes will be expanded thanks to Kingdoms, creating a much more 'epic' feel, at least in my opinion.

However, there are many common themes. Arrows and missiles in general will be less powerful, though ammo counts will be significantly increased for most archer units (the low ammo counts on some units are rather unrealistic and absurd - I don't think dismounted horse archers would only carry 12 arrows!). Cavalry charges will be more balanced. Spears and swords won't be quite as sharply distinguished from each other in terms of role and effectiveness, though there will still be distinct advantages to each.

Could you make units in you submod more expensive or with slower rate of regeneration than in BC "Vanilla"?
    Because when Mongols come, their army is defeated by Khwarezm/Ghurids or Abbasids...

Your submod is a very good idea, and if you only modify EDU, it will be compatible with my Submod (release very soon)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=574070

One hallmark of my previous mod was making units more expensive, so yes that will definitely happen

(IE will do somewhat more damage to better armored troops than in my old 2.0 EDU
    Why? Best armoured troops were small percent of armies, I think that It was logical to not waste arrows against them and rather choose much more numerous and less armoured targets. I hope It will be slight change
    Cavalry charges will be more balanced.
    What does It mean - more or less effective than in your old EDU?
    Spears and swords won't be quite as sharply distinguished from each other in terms of role and effectiveness, though there will still be distinct advantages to each.
    Good idea

What about mounted and dismounted versions of same unit? What will be difference in their statistics?
    (attack, defence, morale, missile)

Mounted/Dismounted versions of the same unit will have the same numbers and perhaps the same morale/discipline.

What about attack and defence statistics, also the same?

I seriously suggest you to add more arrows to some archers unit (Persian archers, etc...);

Arrow numbers will vary between about 20 and 40 depending on whether the unit is a foot or horse archer, the number of men in the unit, etc.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

very good idea gg2.i had always took ur values as a base in my war system.i am looking forward for this also.

Fantastic idea mate. Can't wait
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

looking forward for your edu gg2

Christmas Update: This project is about 40-50% done. Expect completion by around the 12th day of Christmas.

Made some adjustments to cost system, apologies for delays.

what is an EDU? are you making a new mod? or an update?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainIglo View Post
    what is an EDU? are you making a new mod? or an update?
    EDU --> export_descr_unit.txt : a text file that contains all unit data; when editing aspects of this file there is a direct change in-game of the edited unit(s). When you open the text file there is a very specific description at the beginning of the file that describes the functions of the file, its mechanics etc.

example: you can edit how much damage a unit does, the level of its morale, its unit size (how many soldiers), its armor, and a lot more.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Looking forward to it

This still underway? I am always curious to see how other people balance stats.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Yes, it is.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast