Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Both FileSwap and Moddb are checked to be working at this time, still working with StrategyInformer on download issues.
    All Three Download Sites are working, the Strategy Informer site has the same content but smaller file foot print so their server won't crash.

In addition 6.0K has been updated with the save-game bug fixed as well as updated with 7.0A Amazon UI pictures.
    So if you like the standard map instead of the extended Europe+Eurasia map, you can download the mod at the 6.0 release thread.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 08, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Icon14 Re: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Hey, congrats on 7.0 release. I'm downloading now and will probably play it in the coming weeks although my time for playing will probably be limited due to my rl duties. Of course, I'll post any bugs and suggestions.

Cheers.

All Three Download Sites are working, the Strategy Informer site has the same content but smaller file foot print so their server won't crash.

In addition 6.0K has been updated with the save-game bug fixed as well as updated with 7.0A Amazon UI pictures.
    So if you like the standard map instead of the extended Europe+Eurasia map, you can download the mod at the 6.0 release thread.
    We received PM's asking how come the SI version of mod file is smaller yet the content is the same.

The SI's download file has different DDS compression standard which generates 80K of saving for each 512x512 texture tiles (used to be 342KB now 256KB). So we converted enough files with new compression to save 12MB of space. Just enough to squeeze by under the upper limit of SI's maximum file size.

In the future release, all DDS files will use the smaller footprint standard, unless you guys can find problems.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 09, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

After this mod being in existence in the forum for 5 years, it is about time we created a TWC Amazon Total War download page.

You can access it [here]
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 09, 2013 at 05:33 AM.

In the future release, all DDS files will use the smaller footprint standard, unless you guys can find problems.
    Have you tested whether you also lose some of texture quality with that change? I mean that people don't necessarily find "problems" in the sense of missing or strange textures. The result may just be that the textures don't look as good, and no-one will ever notice as they don't have the better one to compare.

I don't know anything about these different versions of DDS files, just asking to ensure that the mod doesn't go down in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    Have you tested whether you also lose some of texture quality with that change? I mean that people don't necessarily find "problems" in the sense of missing or strange textures. The result may just be that the textures don't look as good, and no-one will ever notice as they don't have the better one to compare.

I don't know anything about these different versions of DDS files, just asking to ensure that the mod doesn't go down in quality.
    Yes, we did. And the new format was still 24bits (R:8,G:8,B:8) as before, and no quality is lost.
    To be sure, we had taken quite a few snapshots to compare the differences, and so far, all checked out out to be the same as before.

Also, looking in the file itself, it appears that the content has more RL encoded fields than when the vanilla RTW was published, but I can not be sure.

In addition, Celestial Shuttle Buddy saved both DDS formats of same content to a high pixel value (32bit ARGB) format, and then diff the two output files, there is no difference between the two except the time stamp.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 09, 2013 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Wolf View Post
    Hey, congrats on 7.0 release. I'm downloading now and will probably play it in the coming weeks although my time for playing will probably be limited due to my rl duties. Of course, I'll post any bugs and suggestions.

Cheers.
    Absolutely! Looking forward to your wonderful feedback as always!

SI download site is not working again. But the other two (TWC and Moddb) are tested fine.

Amazon Total War file at SI Download Site is still not working.

And even if you successfully downloaded file from this site, the content might be older file.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 11, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

This is to update everyone about Leoni's custom interface.

Parthian Shot has asked me to create the custom UI for each culture, I have just finished the strategy part of it. And will be working on the battle UI.

Hopefully this will be part of 7.0B release.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

This post is to update everyone that I have been making mistakes and added the 7.0B changes into the folder for upload, and have been uploading files for the past week and half changing the 7.0A release with 7.0B changes.

After discussing with Parthian Shot and our test coordinator about this, Parthian Shot has decided that we will skip 7.0B release but will have me uploading one more 7.0A update in a week or two.

All the changes uploaded have been tested and I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial shuttle buddy View Post
    This post is to update everyone that I have been making mistakes and added the 7.0B changes into the folder for upload, and have been uploading files for the past week and half changing the 7.0A release with 7.0B changes.

After discussing with Parthian Shot and our test coordinator about this, Parthian Shot has decided that we will skip 7.0B release but will have me uploading one more 7.0A update in a week or two.

All the changes uploaded have been tested and I apologize for the inconvenience.
    I want to add to what Celestial Shuttle Buddy stated, we will have one more update of 7.0A and then the 7.0C will be starting. There will not be a 7.0B release because this can be easily mixed up with 7.0beta releases.

The next 7.0A update will have (7.0B features still being worked on)

- new Celtic and Sarmatian names
    - Cultural specific battlefield UI based on Leoni's artwork
    - Re-balanced renegade regional forces
    - new area denial animation
    - strat UI graphics overhaul.
    - new formation re-configuration
    - factionalize the wagon animation

Also want to thank Celestial Shuttle Buddy. For a new modder, she has been a great help to my partner and me, as well as being a great asset to the test team. And we are all very honored to be her team mates.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Hi, i don't know if this is intended now, but the island of Hespithes (or how are they called) is gone from the map. So now Lybian amazons don't get the Geothe units and Finic amazons so soon. But instead, the moment i conquered the two main Egyptian cities - Alexandria and the one on M (Memphys?) the advisor said i cracked some part of the code, and the factions - Carthage, Far Eastern Celts, Saramthians, Thysians , Amazonia all got destroyed (despite just few turns before it, i got a warning that Amazonia was poised to victory having occupied more then 50 territories and in war with Rome). Is this really intended to happen ?

Because right now it looks damn easy for Lybians, as i just destroyed two enemies which were the biggest threat - Amazonia and Far Eastern Celts. And Egyptians can't really stop Lybian Amazons, as they only have low tech infantry, which is usually just pikeman and they stand no chance against Lybian cavalery archers.

Also i had to add that Iberia, Thrace, Geothe and Greek Cities were already annihilated at this point, so maybe one or some of them could get destroyed by this as well.

Also i still don't understand how you get armored Generals. At first all of my Amazon leaders were using those stupid throwing axe(Lybians)), and then suddenly (i am at age 246) all of the leaders were replaced by armored generals with heavy armor and bows. Is this age based, or do i have to build something for this?

"..but the island of Hespithes (or how are they called) is gone from the map. So now Lybian amazons don't get the Geothe units and Finic amazons so soon. But instead, the moment i conquered the two main Egyptian cities - Alexandria and the one on M (Memphys?) the advisor said i cracked some part of the code, and the factions - Carthage, Far Eastern Celts, Saramthians, Thysians , Amazonia all got destroyed (despite just few turns before it, i got a warning that Amazonia was poised to victory having occupied more then 50 territories and in war with Rome). Is this really intended to happen ? ..."

The Isle of Hesperides is not there anymore on the map, because the island is so small, making it the way it was like in 6.0 is not a good representation.

But the quest is still there. And like you mentioned taking the second objective will destroy many factions.
    To improve it, perhaps we can make the quests more like the Thyssa Amazon or Thermodon Amazonia. Also you mentioned that "...Amazonia was poised to victory...". This is something we have not seen before, so we will try to replicate the message, with your help hopefully.

"...Also i still don't understand how you get armored Generals. At first all of my Amazon leaders were using those stupid throwing axe(Lybians)), and then suddenly (i am at age 246) all of the leaders were replaced by armored generals with heavy armor and bows. Is this age based, or do i have to build something for this?..."

That might be due to the RTW's native Marian Reform. Like, if Rome has certain building and certain other criteria are met, the Marian Reform will take place and the general's bodyguard will get updated. This would apply to all the factions, not just Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Balgeron View Post
    Hi, i don't know if this is intended now, but the island of Hespithes (or how are they called) is gone from the map. So now Lybian amazons don't get the Geothe units and Finic amazons so soon. But instead, the moment i conquered the two main Egyptian cities - Alexandria and the one on M (Memphys?) the advisor said i cracked some part of the code, and the factions - Carthage, Far Eastern Celts, Saramthians, Thysians , Amazonia all got destroyed (despite just few turns before it, i got a warning that Amazonia was poised to victory having occupied more then 50 territories and in war with Rome). Is this really intended to happen ?

Because right now it looks damn easy for Lybians, as i just destroyed two enemies which were the biggest threat - Amazonia and Far Eastern Celts. And Egyptians can't really stop Lybian Amazons, as they only have low tech infantry, which is usually just pikeman and they stand no chance against Lybian cavalery archers.

Also i had to add that Iberia, Thrace, Geothe and Greek Cities were already annihilated at this point, so maybe one or some of them could get destroyed by this as well.

Also i still don't understand how you get armored Generals. At first all of my Amazon leaders were using those stupid throwing axe(Lybians)), and then suddenly (i am at age 246) all of the leaders were replaced by armored generals with heavy armor and bows. Is this age based, or do i have to build something for this?

This is to update everyone that the primary download link for TWC was temporarily down early in the day.

It is fully up online now. Excluding the down time today and earlier, We have whopping 700+ downloads in just two days on TWC's download link alone!

The SI download site is still not working.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 14, 2013 at 01:30 AM.

The third download source (i.e. SI) is still being worked on. But looks like so far the problem is not with our file, but with their server.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

I forget to take the picture, but today i had Selecusia poised to victory as well (they took all of the lands from Armenia, Far Eastern Celts, Egypt, Amazonia and Saramathians). The message literally said that my honor of being amazon will be called in to question, as another faction is about to win the game. Next time it happens i try to get the save as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balgeron View Post
    I forget to take the picture, but today i had Selecusia poised to victory as well (they took all of the lands from Armenia, Far Eastern Celts, Egypt, Amazonia and Saramathians). The message literally said that my honor of being amazon will be called in to question, as another faction is about to win the game. Next time it happens i try to get the save as well.
    Thank you for helping to dispel the myth about non-Amazon factions can not win.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

congratz my friends...here my first prome interface for you...

Oh! That is so beautiful!

Thank you so much!