Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by Rescator View Post
    Me again , I have a CTD, With Greek, turn 255, when a Goethe amazon emissary stop to walk front of 2 other emissarys Thracian sideline Byzantium.
    Hi,

there are many reasons for CTD, and I have to say we are long way from seeing the last of them.

There are two main sources of CTD:

1. Rome Total War game engine memory hog.

There are instances of the animation not able to recover the memory used.

2. Missing animation files

Such as the city map CTD, where a file needed is missing.

The first type can crash at any time when an animation sequence requests certain memory or queue resources and these have been used up by the game engine, the software will CTD.

The second type only happened during loading.

So as you can see, if the problem is in the first category, you need to save the game periodically.

Also, it is known that when the first type of CTD occurs, it can corrupt the saved game file. So more reason to save the game.

And since the Amazon Total War being release or being worked on since 2005, there has never been an Amazon emissary causing a CTD. Because the memory load is not there to cause it, unless the game has already been corrupted by the prior battles.
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 14, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

ok , I ve restart a campain with Geothe faction.I don t understand why the memory can be used with a I5, GTX460 and 8g ram.
    Thanks, i hope that the campain run now
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin

Quote Originally Posted by Rescator View Post
    ok , I ve restart a campain with Geothe faction.I don t understand why the memory can be used with a I5, GTX460 and 8g ram.
    Thanks, i hope that the campain run now
    It is not only the memory but the queue structure. For example, too many archer units firing incendiary arrows at the same time. Too many dying sequences need to be rendered at the same time. Too many elephants or chariots which do not use sprites but must be rendered individually even if it is just a dot in the horizon.

Sometimes, the corrupted save game would cause buildings in the saved game to render incorrectly causing crash.

And if the queue is written beyond its boundary, the device driver or other part of the memory can be written to. And most of these cases, we would not only see CTD, but a hard crash where sometimes it would recover by cycle power and doing a "cold boot", meaning the no electricity in the circuit for over 10 seconds.

I have seen crashes so severe, which requires the the Rome Total War to be re-installed. In the prior Rome Total War revisions, there were posts reported that they have to re-install Windows OS, but we have never seen this happen before.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Woaw! ok thank you.
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin

I found some bugs, not sure now if there was some update lately - but: I got missing textures when fighting against Horde Armens: D:\RTW Anthology\AmazonsTW-Recalesced\data\models_unit\textures\4a_mount_horse_chariot_easterling.tga and D:\RTW Anthology\AmazonsTW-Recalesced\data\models_unit\textures\amazon_archer_regular.tga.png It gives error and crash to desktop. I got over it, by using different textures for now (copy+rename) The Far East Celts are retardly OP - their wagons are almost unkillable. I think the only unit that works against them is Noble Maidens, because they got fire arrows, the things like Pathfinders, Longbow Horse Archers or even any kind of spearmen gets terribly slaughtered (they steamrolled Thysian Amazons without any chance, because Thysians doesn't have any kind of fire attack - which is also needed against linked cavalery, to make them run amok) Linked Cavlery charge is instantly killing elephants - is this a joke? Also few things which i being wondering about - Why doesn't Thysians have a Temple to Aphropdite, when the whole faction is one big cult to her? And why does none of the Amazons have temple to Ares (The god of war)?

Quote Originally Posted by Balgeron View Post
    I found some bugs, not sure now if there was some update lately - but:

I got missing textures when fighting against Horde Armens: D:\RTW Anthology\AmazonsTW-Recalesced\data\models_unit\textures\4a_mount_horse_chariot_easterling.tga

and D:\RTW Anthology\AmazonsTW-Recalesced\data\models_unit\textures\amazon_archer_regular.tga.png

It gives error and crash to desktop. I got over it, by using different textures for now (copy+rename) The

Far East Celts are retardly OP - their wagons are almost unkillable. I think the only unit that works against them is Noble Maidens, because they got fire arrows, the things like Pathfinders, Longbow Horse Archers or even any kind of spearmen gets terribly slaughtered (they steamrolled Thysian Amazons without any chance, because Thysians doesn't have any kind of fire attack - which is also needed against linked cavalery, to make them run amok)

Linked Cavlery charge is instantly killing elephants - is this a joke?

Also few things which i being wondering about - Why doesn't Thysians have a Temple to Aphropdite, when the whole faction is one big cult to her?

And why does none of the Amazons have temple to Ares (The god of war)?
    Sorry i can't edit my post and it got messed up.

Balgeron,

Thank you for a very informative post as usual.

"...missing textures when fighting against Horde Armens..."
    We will be looking into the Armen Horde feature and see if we can fix the problem ASAP.

"...The Far East Celts are retardly OP - their wagons are almost unkillable..."

The Noble Maidens actually have less fire power than Pathfinder. The Noble Maiden only has better all around protections.

In general, the best weapon to destroy any vehicular units are using thermite fire weapons. The force opposing the wagon army must try to use stand-off weapons to destroy as many wagons as possible. Because in close-in fighting the wagon are nearly indestructible.

BTW, the Far East Celt is not the only faction who can field wagon units.

"...they steamrolled Thysian Amazons without any chance, because Thysians doesn't have any kind of fire attack..."

Thyssa does have thermite fire capability. If the player is playing Thyssa faction, the Far Eastern Celt can be a real menace, the more reason Thyssa must go high tech and obtain the thermite weapon units early in the campaign. Even an Amazon militia unit that can throw thermite fire bombs is better than any of the standard units.

"... the things like Pathfinders, Longbow Horse Archers or even any kind of spearmen gets terribly slaughtered..."
    Not all spear units, phalanx will stop both Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry and the Wagons.

"...Linked Cavlery charge is instantly killing elephants - is this a joke?..."

No, the Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry can kill elephant, not necessarily instantly, but it is not a joke. Used correctly the elephant can also kill Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry. The depiction of the LACC is showing a rank (team) of 4 horses. But in reality, the horses can be linked up to 20 in a rank which makes the horses far "heavier" than the elephant. Because the battle formation for elephant is too loose, so if you watch closely, the Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry is actually picking up elephant one by one, but in rapid motion. Against the aromored cataphract elephant, it may not be so easy.

"...Why doesn't Thysians have a Temple to Aphropdite, when the whole faction is one big cult to her? ..."

If you read the factional background description, Thyssa Amazons were NO LONGER Aphrodite worshipers. They used to be the Albanian Amazons and as such they WERE Aphropdite worshipers, but then there is the feud with the Geothe (an eBook called the Quarrels of the Guardians which is coming out) and they got thrown out of Caucasian Albania and started wandering in the Northern Steppe. During the migration, they have become shamanistic and also became a monarchy instead of a theocracy. This is all described in the factional background.

"...And why does none of the Amazons have temple to Ares (The god of war)..."

Amazon to Ares relationship is only from Revised Greek Myth (almost all of them were edited in or around 2nd century AD). The mentioning of Ares is really anti-climatic, because in Greek Poems, Ares (along with his numerous children) are used to illustrate a military menace which is always and forever losing to Athena.

The mentioning of Areas and Athena are not dissimilar to modern drama's or cinema's music effect. I.E. a good guy or superhero would enter the stage with uplifting and triumphant music (same effect as a Greek Poet mentioning Athena in a story) and the bad guys would be often associated with creepy or suspenseful music (similar to mentioning of Ares or any lineage to Ares). In the Greek Poem, Ares is forever on the losing side and, however martial he and his "children" may be, Athena is always triumphant and victorious.

In the Amazon Total War, we are depicting the Amazon from the Anthropology stand point of view, not from Greek Theatrics. And yes, Greeks mentioned them in their poems, and depicted Amazons on their vases and water jars. But that is a men-society's view on an actually very hateful topic of their time.

So to suggest that Amazons should have Temples of Ares is like saying Japanese Samurais and warriors in Shogun Total War II should be all wearing eye glasses because the American cartoons in and before WWII were showing Japanese soldiers all wearing eye glasses (and implying that they can not shoot straight and therefore they are inferior soldiers and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by Balgeron View Post
    I found some bugs, not sure now if there was some update lately - but: I got missing textures when fighting against Horde Armens: D:\RTW Anthology\AmazonsTW-Recalesced\data\models_unit\textures\4a_mount_horse_chariot_easterling.tga and D:\RTW Anthology\AmazonsTW-Recalesced\data\models_unit\textures\amazon_archer_regular.tga.png It gives error and crash to desktop. I got over it, by using different textures for now (copy+rename) The Far East Celts are retardly OP - their wagons are almost unkillable. I think the only unit that works against them is Noble Maidens, because they got fire arrows, the things like Pathfinders, Longbow Horse Archers or even any kind of spearmen gets terribly slaughtered (they steamrolled Thysian Amazons without any chance, because Thysians doesn't have any kind of fire attack - which is also needed against linked cavalery, to make them run amok) Linked Cavlery charge is instantly killing elephants - is this a joke? Also few things which i being wondering about - Why doesn't Thysians have a Temple to Aphropdite, when the whole faction is one big cult to her? And why does none of the Amazons have temple to Ares (The god of war)?
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

Latest Beta has been uploaded and the OP has the latest download locations. Based on naftykid's suggestion, instead of mediaFire (which restricts file size to 200MB) we are now using FileSwap as our primary download site.

- Corrected Armenia Horde issue as reported by Balgeron
    - Corrected property description in read-me file stating -mod:AmazonsTW- Recalesced -show_err where as it should be -mod:AmazonsTW-Recalesced -show_err
    i.e. no space, as reported by Allypup
    - corrected City Map problems as reported by naftykid.
    - re-arranged load screen to removed redundant pictures to save memory.
    - changed recruit time for advanced units to make longer to recruit certain units.
    - corrected missing unit card issues for horde wagons.
    - new Roman Carriage Ballista animation to use faster horses.
    - corrected script issue which was auto-generated but has serious problem with quests for Libyans and Carthage.
    - removed "halo" from many named character pictures.
    - added real-time double quest award check, not just at the beginning of the script.

Problems identified but still being worked on.

- Linked Armor-Cald Cavalry has incorrect audio effect.
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Just had an unusual experience in downloading new version.

When I clicked on the second link, I went to Strategy Informer, and my Norton poped up with a "Web Attack Blocked".

It was identified as Web Attack: Expolit Toolkit Website 4.

Attacker URL: adserver.strategyinformer.com.

Norton 360 is aggressive in its blocking, one other program I have to over-ride because it says a cloud app is a virus, so it may be nothing... or it may be something...I don't know.

I did get the new version from game front.
    DID YOU KNOW?
    A large group of Baboons is called A Congress.
    Is that an insult to Baboons?

Quote Originally Posted by allypup View Post
    Just had an unusual experience in downloading new version.

When I clicked on the second link, I went to Strategy Informer, and my Norton poped up with a "Web Attack Blocked".

It was identified as Web Attack: Expolit Toolkit Website 4.

Attacker URL: adserver.strategyinformer.com.

Norton 360 is aggressive in its blocking, one other program I have to over-ride because it says a cloud app is a virus, so it may be nothing... or it may be something...I don't know.

I did get the new version from game front.
    Thanks for the post.

Pesonally, I think it might also have something to do with the ads SI is carrying on its web site.

Please feel free to send a feedback message to SI to let them know. At the least they should be aware that perhaps one of their ads is tripping up Norton360.

We have updated 7.0 beta again, please visit OP for the latest download.

Corrections made:

1. corrected FE Celt's spearmen tga file issue, thanks Uthril for the bug report.
    2. re-touched spearmen units skins to be Balanced Unit Model (B.U.M) compliant.

Although these sources are not what our new eBooks or the Amazons Total War mod is based on.

They share some important common assessment.

1. "Caucasian" and Origin of Modern Europeans

This is a BBC article about the ties of Ossetian and modern European places.

[BBC Article]

[Simplified Background of Ossetia]

This is just to try to help European readers who sometimes wonder where their ancestors came from two or three millenniums ago.

2. Celtic People in China

And how in the world the Celtic people were discovered in Northwestern Frontier of China.

[PBS Article]

[Wikipedia on Tarim Mummies]

[Celt in China]

[archaeology of mummies]

[Who Are the Celts]

3. Trade, Wagon and Women's Status in Celtic Culture

[Wagon Burial of A Celtic Princess]

This post is mainly for anthropological references, the post does not try to make any political statement of certain ethnicity over others, nor does the author of this post condones/agrees with any potential political overtones contained in any of the articles.
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

How come? What I want to do is to have the Amazons-TW [the old one by Subrosa] folder, AmazonTW-Reignited [in 2 versions, 6.0H and 6.0K], and this new AmazonsTW-Recalesced beta in the same RomeTW plus BI & Alex folder because it's more economical (i.e., it uses less bytes than the system I currently use, which is to maintain each of these in a different, separate RomeTW or RomeTW-BI folder) [don't ask me why: I just want to have different versions together in the same place on a whim; and making a shortcut for each is no problem], and the solution I attempted was to rename the first two files said above [haven't yet tried on AWTR 6.0K or 7.0 beta, because I feel I'll get the same error message]. Yeech, no go--they can't be renamed because I get the message to the flavor "...another program is using this file (or folder)..." Anybody out there can suggest a solution--or maybe it can't be done after all?

Quote Originally Posted by wumpus View Post
    How come? What I want to do is to have the Amazons-TW [the old one by Subrosa] folder, AmazonTW-Reignited [in 2 versions, 6.0H and 6.0K], and this new AmazonsTW-Recalesced beta in the same RomeTW plus BI & Alex folder because it's more economical (i.e., it uses less bytes than the system I currently use, which is to maintain each of these in a different, separate RomeTW or RomeTW-BI folder) [don't ask me why: I just want to have different versions together in the same place on a whim; and making a shortcut for each is no problem], and the solution I attempted was to rename the first two files said above [haven't yet tried on AWTR 6.0K or 7.0 beta, because I feel I'll get the same error message]. Yeech, no go--they can't be renamed because I get the message to the flavor "...another program is using this file (or folder)..." Anybody out there can suggest a solution--or maybe it can't be done after all?
    You should have all three in different folders(AmazonTW, AmazonTW-Reignited, and AmazonsTW-Recalesced), all under Rome Total War without any problem. The latest SubRosa Amazon TW is 3.2, which is published back in 2009.

As a matter of fact, this is what most of the mod team have. i.e. with Subrosa's Amazon Total War 3.2, AmazonTW-Reginited (6.0K), and AmazonTW-Recalesced (beta) all under Rome Total War (with BI) folder.

If you have something like "...another program is using this file...", that means you have a software (editor, or file browser, for exmaple), or Rome Total War running while you are trying to rename or remove files.

GL
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM.

This is to post on latest Rev7 updata. Beta 8 download URLs are posted at OP, except with Strategy Informer download site, which is experiencing some file upload issues with pictures.

Noble Parthian Shot-
    Unloaded and unpacked the latest ver 7.0 ATWR & tested it. So far, it's a great improvement except for that bug [?], a text script, which says a general is at a wrong place [Dacia]. It's still the same bug as I've encountered before in several sub-versions of ATWR 6.0, but I believe this question has been mentioned and well-discussed before, someplace above in this thread--I think--so I'll address the problem at a later--more convenient--time this week. But it's a great game, really. Thank you so much, and maybe the game gets out of its BETA status very soon. Congratulations. I'll inform you, like the others do, if I find a not-encountered-before bug. Hawooh.

Oh, BTW, when I installed ATWRecalesced, it's in the same folder as Subrosa's last version of ATW, together with vanilla RTW, Rome-BI, Alex, and one of the XGM versions--I encountered no problem with this somewhat populated folder so far. The other ATWR [ver 6.0K], of course, is in another folder, together with that new Lord of the Rings TW mod. ...Just so a few others who are a little nuts like me would know if it can be done. Hawooh.

Quote Originally Posted by wumpus View Post
    Noble Parthian Shot-
    Unloaded and unpacked the latest ver 7.0 ATWR & tested it. So far, it's a great improvement except for that bug [?], a text script, which says a general is at a wrong place [Dacia]. It's still the same bug as I've encountered before in several sub-versions of ATWR 6.0, but I believe this question has been mentioned and well-discussed before, someplace above in this thread--I think--so I'll address the problem at a later--more convenient--time this week. But it's a great game, really. Thank you so much, and maybe the game gets out of its BETA status very soon. Congratulations. I'll inform you, like the others do, if I find a not-encountered-before bug. Hawooh.
    Thank you for your kind words.

As discussed before, the bug has to do with the AI not able to differentiate a general is on the water at the start of a campaign, or a general is on the water on board of a fleet at the start of the campaign.

We decided from quite a few releases ago, that we should leave the general on board with the fleet, which makes the game far more interesting. But the error message will be displayed if you exit the game on first turn.

Latest Release description (for Beta8) has been updated in OP.
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

This is to update everyone on the Release for 7.0A, our first official Amazons Total War 7.0 release.

Celestial Shuttle Buddy is working on text, lots of them.
    She is also converting texture for Celt and Gaul faction units from what she calls "Prison Stripe Pants" to something more realistic.
    My partner is experimenting with new area denial weapon.
    Our testing coordinator is hard pressed with work on what she called "twenty men's job done by one woman".
    We have two animation volunteers converting animation files to mesh3D.
    I am working on Uthril's recommendation to allow the generals to be awarded with a title when a quest is fulfilled.

No time table as to when the 7.0A release will be, but we are hoping it would be soon.
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM.