Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    - maps are re-adjusted so as not to allow one faction to take too many rebel held territories early in the campaign.
    - rebel's troop have been strengthened, so taking over some regions won't be a walk in the park any more.
    Lately I played Third Age TW where they are not called rebels but instead bandits. I think this is a better name to call them, because most of them are not rebels anyway. A group rebels against a government, a ruler, or whatever; the way they are considered in the games we play, they are indeed more of being bandits than rebels, because they don't rebel against any kingdom or governor. So I propose--for ATWR ver 7.0 & subsequent mods, why don't we call then "bandits" instead of "rebels"? Hawooh.

Well, for once this is a weapon the Amazons don't have.

Romans, on the other hand, can deploy minefield at relatively low level of cultural development.

there are three types currently under development, and a 4th one been researched on.

1.caltrop/Tribulus barrier
    2.boobytrap barrier
    3.incendiary mine

These are what the modern military refer to as Area Denial Weapon. Minefield is the easiest way to describe it, so the name stuck.

The 4th one is still under R&D, which would be an artillery launched Area Denial Weapon. this would be similar to United States M692/M731 155mm projectile munition which carry M67 or M72 land mines.

Except in Amazon Total War, they would be launched from an Onager or a Ballista, and the munition would be nothing more than a small bucket of metal tetrahedral spikes (aka Caltrop).

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfyre View Post
    Minefields, what did I miss?
    I'll guess its something similar to the Geothe Amazon's thermite jars, only designed to explode near infrantry.
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 06, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Thanks for your patience!

The first beta release is finally out. Only one website has the download link. As the approvals are done, more download locations will be added.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Libertus

It always CTD when I view East Celt cities on battle map.

Quote Originally Posted by naftykid View Post
    It always CTD when I view East Celt cities on battle map.
    Thanks for the sighting! Just fixed the problem.

It is one of these things we wish it is reported before the release. But I guess we just can't have them all.

New download site has now been added.

Hi all, i have RTW BI 1.6 and install Amazons TW 7 folder in RTW and modified shorcut "RTW-BI.exe -mod:AmazonsTW-Recalesced -show_err".
    When i want to play , i don t have amazons campains! and when i quit, on the desk, i have a message error: "Sript error in AmazonsTW-Recalsced/data/world/maps/campainbarbarian invasiondescr_strat.text at line 27 column 1. Expected start date of campain or battle".
    Thanks for your answers.
    sorry for my poor english .
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin

Can you check your file structure.

Does it look like....

[RTW/Bi main folder]\data
    [RTW/Bi main folder]\bi
    [RTW/Bi main folder]\AmazonsTW-Recalesced

Or

[RTW/Bi main folder]\data\AmazonsTW-Recalesced
    [RTW/Bi main folder]\bi

Or

[RTW/Bi main folder]\bi
    [RTW/Bi main folder]\bi\AmazonsTW-Recalesced

Quote Originally Posted by Rescator View Post
    Hi all, i have RTW BI 1.6 and install Amazons TW 7 folder in RTW and modified shorcut "RTW-BI.exe -mod:AmazonsTW-Recalesced -show_err".
    When i want to play , i don t have amazons campains! and when i quit, on the desk, i have a message error: "Sript error in AmazonsTW-Recalsced/data/world/maps/campainbarbarian invasiondescr_strat.text at line 27 column 1. Expected start date of campain or battle".
    Thanks for your answers.
    sorry for my poor english .

But Amazons s folder must be in: "Rome total war folder" or "rome total war/bi folder"?

But Amazons s folder must be in: "Rome total war folder" or "rome total war/bi folder"?
    It must be in the Rome Total War folder and outside of the the BI folder or the vanilla data folder.

Yes it s good i don t understand!! I have the Amazons srceen menu , then i select "single player" then "anti imperial campain", then it say: "select an item of the list" but i don t have the list!!lol

Yes it s good i don t understand!! I have the Amazons srceen menu , then i select "single player" then "anti imperial campain", then it say: "select an item of the list" but i don t have the list!!lol
    Not trying to second guess what might happen....

Is it possible that you did not completely extract the full content out of the compressed file?

If you have not done this already.

1. check the MD5 hash of your download file against the published key.
    2. if you are sure the download is good, delete the AmazonsTW-Recalesced folder completely.
    3. re-extract the data from the compressed file and make sure that the world folder is in the AmazonsTW-Recalesced folder.

Let me know what you find...

i reinstall it s exactly the same thing and again same message error.
    I have 5 different folder of RTW and each with a mod.
    all work! and Amazons no!lol!
    Last edited by Rescator; January 08, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

can youpost where did you download the file from?

We would like to try the same download and test it out, just to be sure.

Thanks

Also a quick FYI, all the downloads have been tested, meaning we upload to a server and download is performed and then install to make sure there is no error.

Also, did your folder name say

AmazonsTW-Recalesced_rev7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Also, did your folder name say

AmazonsTW-Recalesced_rev7 ?

I just want to take this opportunity point out some obvious installation issue.

When the user extract the content of the AmazonsTW-Recalesced to a folder.

The folder would look like

AmazonsTW-Recalesced_rev7beX\AmazonsTW-Recalesced\data

If you simply move the folder shown above into the Rome Total War folder, it will not work.

Instead, you should move the "AmazonsTW-Recalesced" folder which is under the folder with revision postfix into the RTW folder, then the game engine will be able to see all the Amazon files.

here:http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/47540.html
    it s:AmazonsTW-Recalesced_rev7b2.7z
    in my rome total war folder it s: "AmazonsTW-Recalesced"
    Last edited by Rescator; January 08, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

here:http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/47540.html
    it s:AmazonsTW-Recalesced_rev7b2.7z
    in my rome total war folder it s: "AmazonsTW-Recalesced"
    Did you renamed the AmazonsTW-Recalesced_rev7b2 to AmazonsTW-Recalesced folder?

Or did you move the AmazonsTW-Recalesced folder from under
    AmazonsTW-Recalesced_rev7b2\AmazonsTW-Recalesced to Rome Total War?

my folder:

no and no lol, it sjust install like that