Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

wheeliepaul's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

I even read that one of their warriors queen faced Aelxander the great sitting on the back of a war elephant and he turns back his army after seeing her army. Also their city of Kush had the best iron of the time and made the best Iron weapons possible. Maybe you can use this fact for the weapons/armoury of the kentake units. There are artifacts displaying a warrior queen with full metalplate armour.

In the campaign map there's still a pirate ship in a river by the city Kangha which influence the popularity of the nearby cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlοë View Post
    Typical men - they fled. Since I was proofreading a paper at the same time I was playing, the computer monitor was not in command of my full attention. After the battle I had to go do my hair, and I sincerely hope my battle-maidens did the same - working those ballistae makes one get all frizzy.
    Still, 4,400 men against 340 women, not an easy fight.

But I do wish we can mod the AI. There are times it is not doing anything remotely close to rational thinking.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliepaul View Post
    I even read that one of their warriors queen faced Aelxander the great sitting on the back of a war elephant and he turns back his army after seeing her army. Also their city of Kush had the best iron of the time and made the best Iron weapons possible. Maybe you can use this fact for the weapons/armoury of the kentake units. There are artifacts displaying a warrior queen with full metalplate armour.

In the campaign map there's still a pirate ship in a river by the city Kangha which influence the popularity of the nearby cities.
    The Meroitic Queen description is from the Romance of Alexander which is not entirely creditable. But it is historically true that Alexander never went further after the Oasis of Siwa, and he left the Kush + Nubia alone afterwards.

From the Meroitic writing, which has just been recently deciphered, there are numerous warrior queens in Meroe.
    Also, as you pointed out, the artifact does show the queen wear full panoply of iron armors.

1. Thanks for the recommendation on iron. The Libyan Amazon is one of the few factions with iron resources, so we should make the Meroitic units the same.
    2. Yes, the infamous pirate ship. Well, it is historical, but the problem is, there is no way in the game to build a navy to get rid of it!
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

At the team meeting over the weekend, I am asked to enhance the script so the Suebii can also have Quest feature, and when the first quest is completed, they would be able to recruit Amazon units.

Because the previous implementation is fairly new, I would like to ask anyone who discover any script related problem to either post the problem report in the bug report section or PM Parthian Shot.
    Last edited by parthian shot; April 02, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Proud Mod Team Member of Amazon Total War

Like Celestial Shuttle Buddy mentioned in the previous post

For 7.0D, we will

- add Suebii (Germans) to the quest factions, similar to the Far East Celt.
    - add hidden resources to control the availability of the Amazon Advanced Units
    - Experimenting making both AI and Player factions to be able to have advanced units at the same time.
    currently, only one faction can have the advanced weaponry at one time.
    - re-balance stat on units just switched from sword to ax or halberd
    - add new hi-res animation units to replace vanilla units
    - eliminate the parasole cover for the western Celt battle wagon.
    Last edited by parthian shot; April 02, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

I also forgot to add this from my discussion notes,

- correct foot wear B.U.M (Balanced Unit Modeling) issues, it seems some foot gears do not fully match with the description or cost.

An error has been reported by our testing coordinator, which is entirely my fault, I uploaded the wrong mod file to the server sites and as a result, the mod downloaded from yesterday would say "can not find meroe_kentake_guard" when a campaign starts.

This has been corrected. The OP now has the latest file.
    Last edited by parthian shot; April 04, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Anyone who would like to suggest any changes for 7.0D besides what are listed please feel free to add your comments here.

Developer Forum is telling me I got too many links in my post. So I have to check out if it happens here.
    Test Coordinator, Amazons Total War

Quote Originally Posted by bibi g View Post
    Developer Forum is telling me I got too many links in my post. So I have to check out if it happens here.
    That happens to me too, I think it is a common bug for new users.

How are you doing the sprite test?

I think we need to limit our discussions at the developer's forum.

When do we want to complete the Suebii script test?
    Test Coordinator, Amazons Total War

Quote Originally Posted by bibi g View Post
    When do we want to complete the Suebii script test?
    Beginning to mid-May? Does that work out for you? I know J-n-E are busy.

wheeliepaul's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Anyone who would like to suggest any changes for 7.0D besides what are listed please feel free to add your comments here.
    Maybe you can add the female gladiator (gladiatrix). Proof of them where found in London, austria, halicarnassus and rome. These women fought barechested and rarely wore helmets, they are depicted in loin clothes and wearing greaves and manica. female gladiators were typically from upper-class families and seeking thrill and attention.

Maybe you can add the female gladiator (gladiatrix). Proof of them where found in London, austria, halicarnassus and rome. These women fought barechested and rarely wore helmets, they are depicted in loin clothes and wearing greaves and manica. female gladiators were typically from upper-class families and seeking thrill and attention.
    Thank you for a wonderful suggestion WP!
    The Vanilla RTW already has animation for female gladiator, albeit a lower poly-count model.
    Unlike the Meroitic Kentake Guard, however, I personally don't know if they can be formed as a fighting unit on the battlefield but I will pass this to the mod-team.
    I decided to remove the female and the male gladiators because their units rarely shows up on the battlefield but took away two precious model spots (only 255 allowed, and at the time we ran out of them).

So that leads into our unit creation process, and here are the evaluation steps:
    1. the units, however exotic they may be, must be believable from either historical, archaeological, or anthropological perspective.
    2. the background of the units must be for military or war, not for sport or entertainment.
    For example, the Amazon Dispatchers are really messengers, trained in martial skills.
    So why is that they can be formed into units?
    Because they have also been performing police duty, fighting threats to protect the community.
    And they have been trained to form band of light cavalry for that reason.

3. or the units are derived from a religious order. But must have anthropological explanation why they are formed into fighting units

So taking the Maenads, or Maenad Votary idea, for example, this seems to be a great choice,
    but the problem is that knowing the religious order is Bacchanal, why do they form into a military fighting unit?

So it is not for a battlefield display of nudity we add the unit, there must be plausible anthropological explanations.
    For example, are they induced into fighting because of drugs?
    Or out of religious fanaticism?

And we need to have these questions answered before we can add the unit to the roster, I would think the same questions apply to the female gladiators as well.
    Last edited by parthian shot; April 05, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

I also want to add that once a unit is mapped out in the anthropological context, it would be fairly easy to create battle gears, equipment, and weapons such that the unit will look and function according to that context and it would make sense.
    Otherwise, the unit would be just a fantasy unit without any root in the storyline.

Since the Suebii (Germans) are going to be our next main focus, anyone would like see any changes in the German factions please feel free to post.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Since the Suebii (Germans) are going to be our next main focus, anyone would like see any changes in the German factions please feel free to post.
    In the late game, sometimes I feel barbarians factions ,such as Germans, have no way to manage a large empire. Far and big cities revolt so frequently, because these barbarians have a poor building roster..

Quote Originally Posted by naftykid View Post
    In the late game, sometimes I feel barbarians factions ,such as Germans, have no way to manage a large empire. Far and big cities revolt so frequently, because these barbarians have a poor building roster..
    That is a very valid point!

Compared to other people's comment, made after they barely get the game installed, this observation is very insightful.

Other than adding new buildings, how do you manage to survive the civil unrests?