Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

Following Celestial Shuttle Buddy's approach in Beta, we are micro-updating the 7.0C yet again.

The changes are:

1. New female light archers units for most factions., this has finally been converted to true 512x512 from slightly altered vanilla version (as in Amazon Total War 3.0).
    2. female mounted light archers, which are horse archer version of the above.
    3. long bow heavy archers, which are armored version of the above with double long-bows and completely changed from the 7.0B.
    4. Re-animated Parthain, Sarmatian, Scythian Noblewomen.

Units mentioned in #1 and #2 are the most proliferated units in the mod, so these changes will have major impact on the appearance of the game.
    Last edited by parthian shot; March 17, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Thanks to Anfindol's report, a CTD problem has been corrected and new mod file with patch has been created.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Moddb claims that the file is added Feb 27. Where is the most recent version, or is this date wrong?

Hyperfyre's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    Moddb claims that the file is added Feb 27. Where is the most recent version, or is this date wrong?

Moddb links to an updated version on Gamefront.

Moddb shows the first time the revision is uploaded, not the last time the mod file for that revision is changed. The file on Moddb is current (March 15).
    Last edited by parthian shot; March 17, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Moddb shows the first time the revision is uploaded, not the last time the mod file for that revision is changed. The file on Moddb is current (March 15).
    Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for clarifying.
    You are welcome!

18+, new update of 7.0C is posted at the OP.

Corrected and enhanced new animations with Amazon light units.
    Last edited by parthian shot; March 19, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Screen snapshot thread is updated with new pictures since we lost most of the albums.

Sorry to hear that!

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    Sorry to hear that!
    No problem, that is why we would like to encourage everyone to post their pictures at the screen snapshot thread.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have you considered dedicating one or two releases to sprucing up and expanding the rest of the mod's factions with units from XGM or RTR VII? The Amazons' rosters are expansive, but other factions like Macedon, the Greek Cities (who, IIRC, are supposed to be the "antagonist" faction), and such are all pretty barebones compared to them.

Why would anyone want to be Greek after they played Amazon?

Just kidding! I think this is a great idea.

Feel free to forward me any suggestion as to the replacement.

PS:Love your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    Have you considered dedicating one or two releases to sprucing up and expanding the rest of the mod's factions with units from XGM or RTR VII? The Amazons' rosters are expansive, but other factions like Macedon, the Greek Cities (who, IIRC, are supposed to be the "antagonist" faction), and such are all pretty barebones compared to them.

Why would anyone want to be Greek after they played Amazon?
    Sometimes we just gotta put those little hussies in their place: The kitchen.

Feel free to forward me any suggestion as to the replacement.
    Well, there's the Greek unit pack from Myth: Total War, that would add some cool units: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...k-from-myth_tw

Or Conquistador's Greeks, if you would prefer something less romanticized for the period: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-FOR-DOWNLOAD (although he's only made a few units so far)

Rarity also made some awesome Greek units: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ousel-Boutique

Another source is, of course, XGM since Dime is pretty easy-going about others using his work, which is tops in quality.

PS:Love your signature
    The way I have my favorite mods arranged out and linked to or the RIP wishes for Calvin and TosaInu?

Either way, thanks.

About the kitchen....

Well, many of us only go to the kitchen for our puppies. And only if they follow those "sit down, roll over, fetch" commands very well.
    I am sure other ladies will want to express their comments.

About the Greek units....

I think you are right about upgrade. And thank you so much for posting the links. As for Amazons TW, I do think there should be units with higher res and new animation.

But that aside, is there anything new on higher dimension, I was reading J.C.Fuller's "Generalship of Alexander The Great". There are many little known facts about that period the RTW mods have yet realistically created. For example

1. Spartan actually has excellent cavalry (the hippeis), its tactics conceived and implemented by Agesilaus, King of Sparta. The Spartan cavalry can defeat Thessalian cavalry which was one of the best cavalry units at the time.
    2. Xenophon described an oxen drawn battle wagon with towers, it was quoted that Cyrus was telling Xenophon if he has such oxen-drawn battle wagons for his field army, it would be of immense help.
    3. and how about Thessalian cavalry? The most renowned cavalry of ancient Greece. I know RS II has them but hardly realistic (it uses Spartan Kopis for weapon)
    4. Dionysius I of Syracuse deployed flame thrower in battle.

About the signature...

Because you have the Amazon Total War in it.

Finally, as a token of thanks for your help, here are some [readings] perhaps you found them interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    Sometimes we just gotta put those little hussies in their place: The kitchen.

Well, there's the Greek unit pack from Myth: Total War, that would add some cool units: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...k-from-myth_tw

Or Conquistador's Greeks, if you would prefer something less romanticized for the period: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-FOR-DOWNLOAD (although he's only made a few units so far)

Rarity also made some awesome Greek units: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ousel-Boutique

Another source is, of course, XGM since Dime is pretty easy-going about others using his work, which is tops in quality.

The way I have my favorite mods arranged out and linked to or the RIP wishes for Calvin and TosaInu?

Either way, thanks.
    Last edited by parthian shot; March 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

wheeliepaul's Avatar Foederatus

Icon1 Re: Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release

The last 2 campaigns i played (first with the lybyan amazons and now the far east celts) i noticed that the geothe amazons are on the move instead of being diplomatic. In both campaigns they concuered half the map without any resistance. I always play with the last version (i look every day for updates and install them right away). Then there is no victory option for the far east celt (normally you have to conquer 50 regions) so you have to conquer the whole map? There is also none picture for the large boat from the far east celts and some buildings lack information. When you upgrade their academy you get the picture from a barrack instead. The faction which i most dislike to play are the geoth amazons because of their thermitefire wich is way to powerfull and almost all their units have this. You get no challenge if you play with them. Also was the upgrade to give elephants and war wagons a parasol in my opinion not a wright one. I like these units better without a parasol. I would like to see female generals for the Celts both west and eastern. The western celts did have a female (boudicca)leading them against the romans and conqueres several roman cities in britain at the time. Maybe they can have both male/female leaders.
    If you upgrade greece you also have to upgrade the egyptians and the german/gallic tribes. The new regions on the east lack a city wich boost your popularity like corinth and memphis do. So if you play for example the far east celt it takes a long time before you can raise your popularity.
    Then at least i have to say i really like this mod because most units are awesome. Maybe you have to drop more older units because nobody plays them because they are expensive and lack armour/hitpoints or you should upgrade them and make less expensive. Almos forgot to mention that the pic of the camel rider doesn't match with the unit. You become a female warrior mit arrows but the display is a spearfighter on a camel. And why are the female warriors of the none amazon factions always less powerfull than there amazon faction equals?

I forgot to mention that the trap unit is way toooooooo strong. With 1 trap unit I destroyed 2 lybian armies wich had seven generals lots of charriots units and elephants in one battle. I only lost 7 units of the 121 and they lost 3200 units. It seemed that only the elephant units could harm them. Also you don't see this unit on the battlefield you only see the general and 120 shadows.

Hi, WP,

It is so good to see you at TWC! It is long way from RHG but glad you can join us here.

My reply is just an itemization of your observations, so I can piece out these issues to the mod team.

1. regarding Geothe on the move, we will have to see if they are dormant or not, and see if there is anyway they can become aggressive.

2. on victory option for the FE Celts, we will have to look into that too.

3. the non picture for large boat unit card will be looked at too.

4. also look into the academy upgrade problem.

5. Geothe has been adjusted, for example, most of their advanced units takes multiple turns to recruit. And unit size as well as cost have been adjusted. If you can elaborate how you would like the Geothe to behave, that would be great.

6. Will bring up the elephant cover issues with the animators and the testers.

7. Female generals for both Celtic factions have been discussed before, the problem is, Celts are not matriarchal societies at the time, even though their women wielded great power in the community, it is not always customary for their women to command the army. Since the game engine can not allow generals of different genders in one faction, we have to make the Celt either all males or all females.

8. Will discuss the upgrade of Greece and Ptolemaic Egypt with the mod team.

9. population boost issue has been discussed before, and we were desperate to find a region which is fertile, the problem is, geographically speaking, there were none on the map. Also we tried to experiment to allow the infrastructure to boost the population growth, like commerce, sewage, farms upgrades and so on. The issue is, allow the infrastructural upgrade to effect the population too much will impact the other fertile regions such that their population will have explosive growth. But we will re-evaluate and see if there is a better balance.

10. About picture for the camel rider, our problem is we have a great team of animation volunteers headed by my partner, but no one is working on the unit card updates.

11. on "...Why female warriors of the none Amazon factions always less powerful than..." the Amazon counterpart?
    Well, it is a societal issue and deliberately portrayed that way. The mod is trying to show that women in the men-societies are taught to be subservient to men, and the second class citizenship mentality makes them weak and lack of self-esteem and motivation to excel.

12. On the field trap being too powerful observation, the trap unit can only got activated twice in a single battle and after the two shots are spent they are just sitting ducks on the battlefield. And they are always camouflaged as well, that is why you only can see shadows and their commanding officers even in the urban area. So one trap unit of 120 only have 240 shots, I can see if the opponent all gathered at the traps, they would get hurt bad, but certainly won't get wiped out if their army size is large enough (3,200 is a surprising number I don't think it can be that damaging). However, if the opponents are low morale troops, I can see them all running away, which makes sense, don't you think? If you can post your custom battle save-file, perhaps we can replicate it with the testers.

Thank you for your support and encouragement, it is great to see an original supporter like yourself from the old days to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliepaul View Post
    The last 2 campaigns i played (first with the lybyan amazons and now the far east celts) i noticed that the geothe amazons are on the move instead of being diplomatic. In both campaigns they concuered half the map without any resistance. I always play with the last version (i look every day for updates and install them right away). Then there is no victory option for the far east celt (normally you have to conquer 50 regions) so you have to conquer the whole map? There is also none picture for the large boat from the far east celts and some buildings lack information. When you upgrade their academy you get the picture from a barrack instead. The faction which i most dislike to play are the geoth amazons because of their thermitefire wich is way to powerfull and almost all their units have this. You get no challenge if you play with them. Also was the upgrade to give elephants and war wagons a parasol in my opinion not a wright one. I like these units better without a parasol. I would like to see female generals for the Celts both west and eastern. The western celts did have a female (boudicca)leading them against the romans and conqueres several roman cities in britain at the time. Maybe they can have both male/female leaders.
    If you upgrade greece you also have to upgrade the egyptians and the german/gallic tribes. The new regions on the east lack a city wich boost your popularity like corinth and memphis do. So if you play for example the far east celt it takes a long time before you can raise your popularity.
    Then at least i have to say i really like this mod because most units are awesome. Maybe you have to drop more older units because nobody plays them because they are expensive and lack armour/hitpoints or you should upgrade them and make less expensive. Almos forgot to mention that the pic of the camel rider doesn't match with the unit. You become a female warrior mit arrows but the display is a spearfighter on a camel. And why are the female warriors of the none amazon factions always less powerfull than there amazon faction equals?
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliepaul View Post
    I forgot to mention that the trap unit is way toooooooo strong. With 1 trap unit I destroyed 2 lybian armies wich had seven generals lots of charriots units and elephants in one battle. I only lost 7 units of the 121 and they lost 3200 units. It seemed that only the elephant units could harm them. Also you don't see this unit on the battlefield you only see the general and 120 shadows.
    Last edited by parthian shot; March 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Hi Partian Shot,

You don't have to thank me I have to thank you and your team for this great mod. I play it from the beginning and still can't get enough of it.

5 It seems that the Thyssa amazones are passive in the7.0C series instead of the Geothe. The Geothe start right away to attack in both campaigns I played with (Lybian an Far East Celts) In both these campaigns the Thyssa amazones nearly move at all.

7 I would say female generals because they have strong female units otherwise like you mentioned in point 11 they wouldn't be that though

8 In the movie gladiator there where african female warriors in charriots, or maybe black female foot infantry

12 Saddly I don't have the save game from the battle with the field trap belt. I can only say the enemie units didn't route but first take a fight with this trap unit wich made the trap unit run for it (not routing). By simply click the stop button every few seconds the trap units fight with these enemie and beats them. They even didn't fire the missiles in the beginning. Only when there where 2 or 3 armies left they fired there missiles (and missed). Even when exhausted they still easily overcome every attack from the enemy. The field trap belt had a total defence of 69 and there armour was 65.

Amazonia lacks archer infantry with long range like Thyssa Arbalest.

A female berserker unit with axe would be great.
    I believe there are too many (strong) missile units (with too many missiles) like plumbatarii cohort and round shield foot comp. I love these units but it would be better with less missiles like the roman legions have.

Well, many of us only go to the kitchen for our puppies. And only if they follow those "sit down, roll over, fetch" commands very well.
    I make sure to teach my girlfriends all those commands, too.

1. Spartan actually has excellent cavalry (the hippeis), its tactics conceived and implemented by Agesilaus, King of Sparta. The Spartan cavalry can defeat Thessalian cavalry which was one of the best cavalry units at the time.
    3. and how about Thessalian cavalry? The most renowned cavalry of ancient Greece. I know RS II has them but hardly realistic (it uses Spartan Kopis for weapon)
    I certainly wouldn't mind an expanded cavalry roster of "themed" units. As for the kopis, I think its use is accurate enough since by the time of Alexander, it had started eclipsing the xiphos as the most commonly used sword by both cavalry and infantry.

2. Xenophon described an oxen drawn battle wagon with towers, it was quoted that Cyrus was telling Xenophon if he has such oxen-drawn battle wagons for his field army, it would be of immense help.
    I've never heard of this, I'll have to look it up.

4. Dionysius I of Syracuse deployed flame thrower in battle.
    If you consider GlobalSecurity.org to be a reliable source, it says that incendiary weapons were used as early as 1200 BC and that one of the first flame projectors consisted of a hollow tree trunk which had an attached basin full of glowing coals, sulfur and pitch. A bellows blew the flame in the form of a jet, setting fire to enemy fortifications. It doesn't give many other details, though.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ry-history.htm

About the signature...

Because you have the Amazon Total War in it.
    Well, it is one of my favorite mods.