Thread: A suggestion for putting the mod onto Med2

Default A suggestion for putting the mod onto Med2

Right, obviously Amazon total war was put on RTW because thematically, notwithstanding being mythical tales, they're associated with the classical era. I suppose you could put classical Amazons into the medieval period and just say they survived into that period but its a bit jarring.

Since I just watched Thor the movie, I thought it might be good if you used the Valkyrie from Nordic myth as both a reason to include them, and for a plausable faction. Granted, they're a prechristian myth but they're still close enough that they wouldn't look out of place alongside medieval units. Plus anyone who's played Skyrim knows that its fairly easy to amalgamate norse and medieval ascetics. There was a similar idea on Four Seasons with a quasi-Amazon faction called Valkyrie but the ascetic wasn't remotely nordic; more like high fantasy dragon plate in yellow, red n blue. Really it should be smooth plates with norse runes etched to it on top of furs. Again, Skyrim is a great example of this.

(to Parthian Shot personally: I know you're okay with it. But norse=cold and I don't think the poor lasses would be wandering the snowfield n forests naked. Thats just needlessly cruel.)

Since Norway n Sweeden are rebels it'd be a pretty convenient place to slot them in.

Also does anyone know of any Arabic or Muslim tales of communities of warrior women? Anything in Sinbad? Just rolling with norse warrior women would be a little stale.
    Last edited by Totalwar14; April 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

Default Re: A suggestion for putting the mod onto Med2

Maybe something more interesting would be the Amazon factions of this mod (or somewhat similiar factions) surviveing into that time period but they all have adopted diffrent religions. We could have a catholic Amazon faction (Warrior Nuns), An orthodox Amazon faction, maybe a muslium faction it would be tough to explain though, and a pagan faction that stuck with the old ways.

hahaha LOLZ warrior nuns!! nice one!
    maybe for islamic use the legend of 1001 nights (or something i don't really know that one)
    and for russians maybe matroeshjkas(just Lolling)
    Maybe add some mongolian shamans too instead of the regular ones
    or the reignited bean sidhe with better weapons maybe

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    hahaha LOLZ warrior nuns!! nice one!
    You mean like Sisters of Battle from warhammer 40,000.

(He actually doesn't know what they are, the gamerpic is pretty obviously a living saint)

Sorry, they're a sci-fi army of all-women religious fanatics, who wear power armour and carry 'bolters' which are machine guns that explosive shells as large as a fist. They were one of the armies on Dawnof War Soulstorm.

They are ostensibly better known as 'nuns with gunz'

Try typing into google images 40k Sisters of Battle. Also, I don't know why, but people insist on drawing them as animae characters for some reason; as you can tell the concept is pretty OTT.

With 512x512 skins and RSII Battlefield, there really is no need to migrate to M2TW.

In many ways, the RTW/BI engines are actually better, if you don't mind the lack of graphic optimization.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    With 512x512 skins and RSII Battlefield, there really is no need to migrate to M2TW.

In many ways, the RTW/BI engines are actually better, if you don't mind the lack of graphic optimization.
    you also don't need to create new armors isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    you also don't need to create new armors isn't it
    Not sure what do you mean by that.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I mean that it requires more work for just one unit because it uses 3 differend types of graphics or you could give it all the same texture ofcourse. I also think that modding rtw is much less time consuming then M2TW because it is entierly different then rtw.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

I was going to post this much earlier but I felt you might have figured it out on your own.

First off; even the huge mods like third age don't use different meshes/textures for each unit but there are a few exceptions overall though, they don't. Secondly, a huge amount of reworking would need to be done that's already done. You would need to rewrite the entire EDU because its based on a different engine (e.g. armor upgrades, different directories, and different setup to list a few changes). Changing the EDU correctly takes a large amount of time alone, now imagine if you had to readjust the map, descr_strat and many other huge jobs. That's just implausible waste of time to someone who's already spent time on RTW's engine.

To me there's not much difference between RTW and MTW2. RTW already has a better looking battlemap, as good if not better looking strat map nowdays, better visual clarity, bloom (you can add it; I did it to mine own version) to list a few qualities that most people look for. Obviously the AI isn't as good but either way I still crush it so to me that isn't really a big deal. I've never noticed a huge difference between mtw2's strat AI and alex's/bi's and as I said before it's not a big deal to me I crush it either way. RTW (also to me) has a genuinely unique immersion factor that is non-existant in other later TW titles.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

i agree resef, i cant play mtw2 much now , it needs the rs2 enviroments , those chunky trees and giant daisys look crap compared to rs2, some of the skys are not bad ....porting a rtw mod to mtw2 is a sh@t load of work , the real interest for me is when EB2 comes out on the mtw2 engine ...that may open a few doors...we await its coming........

Granto,

For Amazon TW, can you help to see if you can integrate RSII battlefield with Mundus (MM4) map?

I have been trying get a working version but I am already late in getting out the latest revision.

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    i agree resef, i cant play mtw2 much now , it needs the rs2 enviroments , those chunky trees and giant daisys look crap compared to rs2, some of the skys are not bad ....porting a rtw mod to mtw2 is a sh@t load of work , the real interest for me is when EB2 comes out on the mtw2 engine ...that may open a few doors...we await its coming........

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Christoph XVIII View Post
    Maybe something more interesting would be the Amazon factions of this mod (or somewhat similiar factions) surviveing into that time period but they all have adopted diffrent religions. We could have a catholic Amazon faction (Warrior Nuns), ...
    Ah, yes, Kaiser mein herr--if during the medieval we had warrior monks (Knights Templars, etc.) why not warrior nuns too? Hawooh.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post

Personally, I like RTW and BI a lot better than MTW2--graphics roughness notwithstanding, I like the Roman TWs gameplays better than MTW2 [although one, and ONLY ONE thing I like about MTW2 is, you can train more than one unit at the same time, which feature should have been in RTW--pity].

Libertus

Actually, I think this mod should be ported into M2TW.
    Amazon: Total War - Campaign tester.

Quote Originally Posted by naftykid View Post
    Actually, I think this mod should be ported into M2TW.
    BTW, I completely concur with what you said, just that we have other dev team members and equal number of testers thinking Rome II is the way to go.

Mainly because of the naval battles.