Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Pope's latest

  1. #41
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    11,049
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Basics, did you go to any kind of school?

  2. #42
    basics's Avatar Auxiliarius
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    6,773
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Basics, you are just wasting time with such a lengthy post when the whole thing is just begging the question; it pretty much says 'if the bible is the word of God, it must be true, because it's the word of God'.
    Colossus,

    I used the expression not for the benefit of the born again, rather those that are not, to establish that God, because of who He is cannot lie. Jesus knew that the Old Scriptures was the word of God and Him being God would put all other argument into the wastebin of history. Indeed since His advent, death and resurrection people from each generation since have been called out just as in pre-Jesus times to be born again, they know it and their immediate relatives and friends have witnessed the change. So when someone says there is no evidence, of course there is evidence through their witnessing that change.

    Therefore I am not wasting my time setting out what Scripture says simply because it, note that, it, is the power of God to save, why? Because it was laid out in the garden by God Himself at the very beginning as the fall took place things that would come to pass by a " seed " Jesus Christ for a separated people to belong to God. A people whose sins would be washed away by His sacrifice on a cross centuries later for them. If it were all lies or myths it wouldn't have happened. If it were all lies why are people still having Jesus Christ revealed to them and being converted as a result?

    Oh, it's OK for the mockers to get away with one liners, I mean any fool can do that, but when one is talking about the souls of men and women one cannot and must not seek the easy way out. God has made it quite clear what is needed to enter heaven, even giving an example of what the opposite is like so that none would want to perish never mind actually doing it. Why every single disciple written of from Abel on displayed the same warnings just as Jesus did when here. We do the same because we know that He lives and we know that by repeating the Gospel some will be saved.

    For some six odd thousand years that same Gospel has brought people to a knowledge of God. It hasn't changed in all that time and today as I write others are being brought to the same realisation yet you guys just will not accept that it is happening and when you do if you do it is put down to nothing better than delusions. I mean never having experienced it yourselves that makes it in your eyes worthy of the mockery it gets. But remember this, as it is written, all of you will have to face God at some time. You can mock that as much as you want but when it happens where are all the one liners going to get you? It will be too late to change your thinking.

  3. #43
    Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Posts
    4,552
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    blah blah

    I give up. You are incapable of understanding anything logical... My only respond to your post is the following: The Torah, the Bible and the Quran were written by men of the antiquity, not some sky fairy... None of it is useful in a actual debate.

    Oh, and I'm not your friend. I rather be the Devil than your friend.


    6000 years, HAHAHAHAHAHA, nice joke! Got more?
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; February 23, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

  4. #44
    Menelik_I's Avatar Tribunus
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republica de Angola, eu voltei para a sua Putaria
    Posts
    10,057
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    I see that this Pope has come out to say that the church, Roman Catholic, has got it wrong concerning the birth time of Jesus Christ. What kept them? One only had to see the date of the death of Herod and count back to the investigated time of Messias advent to arrive at that conclusion.

    That king had all his experts working along with the knowledge that the three visitors brought to realise that Jesus was anything up to two years of age making His birth at around 6BC. Therefore when He died and rose again that would place Him very much in the forty years old bracket, a very Biblical number, one that I personally have held for most of my conversion time fortified by the forty days from his death to Pentecost if I am not mistaken.

    Therefore when the wise men actually saw Him he wasn't a babe in a manger, rather a toddler dodging around His parents as toddlers do. So all the nonsense built up upon nativity scenes are just that, untruths which leave children with the wrong impressions altogether. It paints a false picture of the seriousness surrounding what was one of the world's most important events, why? Because it has turned the event into an idol in the minds of those that celebrate Christmas.

    To children what is given them is what they will believe actually took place when in fact it never did and religion feeds on it whether Romish or anything else in the Christian system. I don't find it offensive to give presents as these men were written to have done, but place it in the right setting by telling children the truth from start to finish. That way the link between the wise men and their gifts correspond to the gifts St Nicholas, Santa Claus, emulated when he did the same for children in his time.

    So, what do you guys think?
    I don't really think much of it, the birth date is not the most important thing about Christ in theological terms since there is no timed prophecy and for the purpose of Dating our Era a mistake below 50 years is not much of a problem to date our era.

    Now if you want to teach something to children using the story of the nativity then maybe there is a problem, but I don't see it.

    Him being our savior and our testimony of his deeds is more important than dating purism, we have dating uncertainty for anyone born 2 thousand years ago.
    So many things go wrong in life that a sense of humor, even of the macabre type, should have been standard issue.

  5. #45
    basics's Avatar Auxiliarius
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    6,773
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    Basics, did you go to any kind of school?
    Blatta Optima Maxima,

    What has school got to do with knowing God? Indeed what has carnal education got to do with the Spiritual? Oh, you may have pieces of paper coming out of your ears, out of any other recesses, but in the end you still won't know God by them. But then you are not supposed to because they are merits given out by your peers and not God and when you have to meet Him they will be quite worthless. Kind of similar to the big boys in Israel versus Jesus and the disciples.

    They had no personal knowledge of God but Him being God was a factor that they missed and so probably could have asked the same question as you. In fact they did simply by asking by what authority He said what He did. You see their education was merely earthly whilst His was way above anything they could imagine, being the Creator.

    Anyway to answer your question, yes I did go to a very good school, passed S1 to take French and German which I was not in the least interested in and therefore got allocated to a class where hands and craft were deemed more important to me at least. But me being me and my father having a sheet metal business I thought that I would walk straight into that when my fifteenth year came but my dad had other ideas.

    So I became an apprentice electrical engineer, armature rewinding, but did get a City and Guilds 1st class electrical installation into the bargain. My dad died when I had still six months to serve and so I was asked by my older brothers to go into the business to run it. I won two major contracts and all was going fine until I discovered that my eldest brother was bleeding the place and so I left to go into the sales field.

    Selling sewing m/cs and vacuums however was not as romantic as I thought so I turned back to management, the first being manager of a paper conversion plant, second being manager of a toy wholesaler, thirdly being manager of a costume jewellery manufacturer, forthly having my own toy shops under franchise, fifthly having a crack at the laundry business in which I won over time four military contracts, three of which were for my own business.

    However I was told that if I won the three in particular by each of the officers in charge at the bases that the guys that had the contracts before would do all in their power to put me out of business. This they did by using the bank which apparently we both shared and so we lost our business and our home. Despite that a competitor gave me a managerial position in his laundry business and that's where I won for him another military contract. By then the ankalosing spondylitis was catching up with me good time.

    Nonetheless I was sent up to run another laundry that they had acquired until my health deteriorated to such an extent I had to pack it in. Now the point of all this is quite simple, I didn't have degrees pouring out of me yet I accomplished all these things so I have to ask you in return this. How many companies have you run with all your education? Oh, and by the way I haven't given the glory of all that to God simply because you would probably mock it but nonetheless he was responsible.

  6. #46
    Menelik_I's Avatar Tribunus
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republica de Angola, eu voltei para a sua Putaria
    Posts
    10,057
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Blatta Optima Maxima,

    What has school got to do with knowing God? Indeed what has carnal education got to do with the Spiritual? Oh, you may have pieces of paper coming out of your ears, out of any other recesses, but in the end you still won't know God by them. But then you are not supposed to because they are merits given out by your peers and not God and when you have to meet Him they will be quite worthless. Kind of similar to the big boys in Israel versus Jesus and the disciples.

    They had no personal knowledge of God but Him being God was a factor that they missed and so probably could have asked the same question as you. In fact they did simply by asking by what authority He said what He did. You see their education was merely earthly whilst His was way above anything they could imagine, being the Creator.

    Anyway to answer your question, yes I did go to a very good school, passed S1 to take French and German which I was not in the least interested in and therefore got allocated to a class where hands and craft were deemed more important to me at least. But me being me and my father having a sheet metal business I thought that I would walk straight into that when my fifteenth year came but my dad had other ideas.

    So I became an apprentice electrical engineer, armature rewinding, but did get a City and Guilds 1st class electrical installation into the bargain. My dad died when I had still six months to serve and so I was asked by my older brothers to go into the business to run it. I won two major contracts and all was going fine until I discovered that my eldest brother was bleeding the place and so I left to go into the sales field.

    Selling sewing m/cs and vacuums however was not as romantic as I thought so I turned back to management, the first being manager of a paper conversion plant, second being manager of a toy wholesaler, thirdly being manager of a costume jewellery manufacturer, forthly having my own toy shops under franchise, fifthly having a crack at the laundry business in which I won over time four military contracts, three of which were for my own business.

    However I was told that if I won the three in particular by each of the officers in charge at the bases that the guys that had the contracts before would do all in their power to put me out of business. This they did by using the bank which apparently we both shared and so we lost our business and our home. Despite that a competitor gave me a managerial position in his laundry business and that's where I won for him another military contract. By then the ankalosing spondylitis was catching up with me good time.

    Nonetheless I was sent up to run another laundry that they had acquired until my health deteriorated to such an extent I had to pack it in. Now the point of all this is quite simple, I didn't have degrees pouring out of me yet I accomplished all these things so I have to ask you in return this. How many companies have you run with all your education? Oh, and by the way I haven't given the glory of all that to God simply because you would probably mock it but nonetheless he was responsible.

    Give up Basics, there is no god but Dawkins for these people.

    I always find it amusing that the Baby Dawkins really believe that not believing in god makes me somewhat hyperintelligent or some ****, good that you managed to get around in your life. G-d Bless you
    So many things go wrong in life that a sense of humor, even of the macabre type, should have been standard issue.

  7. #47
    Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Posts
    4,552
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    Give up Basics, there is no god but Dawkins for these people.

    I always find it amusing that the Baby Dawkins really believe that not believing in god makes me somewhat hyperintelligent or some ****, good that you managed to get around in your life. G-d Bless you
    We don't care about Dawkins! I doubt the majority of atheists care about the opinions of Dawkins.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

  8. #48
    Menelik_I's Avatar Tribunus
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republica de Angola, eu voltei para a sua Putaria
    Posts
    10,057
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    We don't care about Dawkins! I doubt the majority of atheists care about the opinions of Dawkins.
    Yet dude is the darling of YouTube & best selling author, maybe He has magical powers to make you watch despite the indifference
    So many things go wrong in life that a sense of humor, even of the macabre type, should have been standard issue.

  9. #49
    Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Posts
    4,552
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    Yet dude is the darling of YouTube & best selling author, maybe He has magical powers to make you watch despite the indifference
    (said with the childish voice of a theist) "WOW, he is famous on youtube!!??! He must be the second coming of Awesomeness since Chuck Norris!!! Wow, he is so amazing"

    Youtube famous, get the fudge out of here! That's worse than quoting some holybook! I never watch religious or nonreligious stuff on youtube, mostly I watch comedy, game-related and music.

    With google I found that one of his book sold 2 million copies, which is not a high enough number to say that every atheists idolize him - Not even certain, how many of the buyers were atheists, agnostics, deists or theists. There is, according to wiki, 1.1 billion nonreligious people (16 %) in the World. Should one of his books be sold to 550 millions, all of them atheists, I would concur with you.
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; February 25, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

  10. #50
    hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...
    Posts
    33,686
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    Yet dude is the darling of YouTube & best selling author, maybe He has magical powers to make you watch despite the indifference
    Is he? My YouTube time is mostly spending on searching moe stuff so I am not aware other areas of YouTube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

  11. #51
    Biggieboy's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    1,607
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    Yet dude is the darling of YouTube & best selling author, maybe He has magical powers to make you watch despite the indifference
    most atheists i know (if that counts for anything) are much more fan of Hitchens than Dawkins, and that's including me. He's probably a great scientist, but as a spokesperson he sucks.
    Look not above, there is no answer there; Pray not, for no one listens to your prayer; Near is as near to God as any Far, And Here is just the same deceit as There.

    And do you think that unto such as you; A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew: God gave the secret, and denied it me?-- Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.

    "Did God set grapes a-growing, do you think, And at the same time make it sin to drink? Give thanks to Him who foreordained it thus-- Surely He loves to hear the glasses clink!" Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

  12. #52
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    11,049
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    Give up Basics, there is no god but Dawkins for these people.

    I always find it amusing that the Baby Dawkins really believe that not believing in god makes me somewhat hyperintelligent or some ****, good that you managed to get around in your life. G-d Bless you
    The moment you find your position untenable, you create a strawman. Nice.

    Especially considering I've never as much as mentioned Dawkins on TWC as far as I can remember.

  13. #53
    God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    4,620
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    The moment you find your position untenable, you create a strawman. Nice.

    Especially considering I've never as much as mentioned Dawkins on TWC as far as I can remember.
    I think he's only ever brought up by theists here. Which is odd, him being our God and all.

  14. #54
    Gaidin's Avatar Tribunus Augusticlavii
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,222
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    Yet dude is the darling of YouTube & best selling author, maybe He has magical powers to make you watch despite the indifference
    If THAT of all things is your standard we should all be god-worshippers on the level of basics. Do you have any idea how many exponentially more copies the Bible has sold than Dawkins, and how many christians defend god on youtube, making him an even bigger darling of youtube? Let's not even go into the magical powers. Just curious.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    BattleTags
    Guild Wars 2 Tags

  15. #55
    justicar5's Avatar Centurio Primus Pilus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,622
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    "

    Therefore, since Christmas Day has nothing to do with the birth of Christ why do we celebrate it?

    Well it's better than a what a true Biblical celebration would be, mass murder and paedophilia , with a side order of genocide and gang rape. The bible commands you to kill none-believers and rape their women, until you do, stop claiming to be a biblical literallist and admit that you ignore the parts that make you uncomfortable.
    Last edited by justicar5; February 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

  16. #56
    Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Posts
    4,552
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    ^Christmas was meant to ease pagans' conversion to Christianity - this is old/ancient news yet too many people are still ignorant of it. I just view it as a time to get together with family and enjoy delicious food amidst the winter cold.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

  17. #57
    hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...
    Posts
    33,686
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    The bible commands you to kill none-believers and rape their women
    Think about it, it actually is part of Natural Selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

  18. #58
    basics's Avatar Auxiliarius
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    6,773
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Pope's latest

    Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    Well it's better than a what a true Biblical celebration would be, mass murder and paedophilia , with a side order of genocide and gang rape. The bible commands you to kill none-believers and rape their women, until you do, stop claiming to be a biblical literallist and admit that you ignore the parts that make you uncomfortable.
    justicar5,

    Just out of interest, where does it say in the Bible that I should do these things? I am a literalist yet I don't remember being told to kill anyone, to rape anyone, be a phaedophile or commit genocide but then perhaps your Bible is not mine, mine being the KJV.

    But then let's have a look at the reality of the Bible, why? Because there is a distinct difference between the two Covenants, the first being solely for Israel and the second for the whole of humanity. And quite apart from the known fact that Israel was more the victim in its history and not the attacker, this limits your accusation if about them to a small piece of that history.

    When God took them over the Jordan on dry ground, just as He did at the Red Sea, He said that He would drive out the nations in the land. All Israel had to do was obey what they had been told, but they didn't, Joshua being, like Eve, persuaded by the enemy that indeed they were friendly and not part of the land. So rather than God doing their work for them, they as it turned out had to take on the nations themselves which even then they couldn't accomplish properly.

    Yes, they got the land but what they got into the bargain was nothing but trouble afterwards, going on unto this very day. So there might be a little truth in what you infer but it is not the truth as far as the overall picture is concerned. Now as far as I am concerned there is nothing that God has ever said to me in Scripture that I do the things you accuse Scripture of telling me to do, why? Because to the born again God is the avenger, not them. Oh, there is an exception there and that exception is for them already in armed service that they remain so and be the best they can.

    I look forward to your reply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •