Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IGdood's Time Warp Mod

Default IGdood's Time Warp Mod

After consulting a few trusted friends, I've confirmed that this mod can't be illegal because it doesn't work for people who own only FoTS.

What does it do? It ports over the units from RoTS and S2 into FoTS' campaign, making for a very exciting experience for traditional players.

I didn't port over naval units for obvious reasons.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Simply unzip, place into directory as it is a movie .pack file.

YOU MUST HAVE SHOGUN 2, ALL UNIT DLC, ROTS, AND FOTS TO BE ABLE TO USE THE MOD TO FULL EXTENT.

Shock'n'Awe's Avatar Civis

Default Re: IGdood's Time Warp Mod

Haha I was hoping you'll make this :-)
    You always come through in the end +rep!

So what is the difference between this and previous attempts (the ones that were considered illegal) that I recall being around some time ago?

Brutalsubtlety's Avatar Decanus

Ours is a world that likes things safe, dependable, and right-side-up.
    Thanks for completely ignoring this idea.

(Any way you could amp up the RoTS units, so we can enjoy a more equal footing against their modern contemporaries?)
    Great stuff IGdood!

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

*TROLL MODE ON

I would like to have naval units aswell, it would be exciting

*TROLL MODE OFF

Nice mod Igood +rep

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by kugkings View Post
    So what is the difference between this and previous attempts (the ones that were considered illegal) that I recall being around some time ago?
    No idea. Apparently the units just don't show up if player didn't buy the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalsubtlety View Post
    Ours is a world that likes things safe, dependable, and right-side-up.
    Thanks for completely ignoring this idea.

(Any way you could amp up the RoTS units, so we can enjoy a more equal footing against their modern contemporaries?)
    Great stuff IGdood!
    Already balanced them in the mod. Loan swords and attendants can stand up very well to Bear tier infantry. Don't charge straight in. It's like using traditional units.

This is coming from a fool who has only played the demo for shogun 2, but why can't naval units be ported?

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Thanks all!
    No idea. Apparently the units just don't show up if player didn't buy the content.
    I wouldn't say that just yet. because I didn't buy what ever units "time warp 2" is from, but they show up in the FOTS campaign. Now, they don't show up elsewhere...

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

I only own FOTS and I tested the mod for him. They don't show up unless you have Shogun 2 and ROTS
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    This is coming from a fool who has only played the demo for shogun 2, but why can't naval units be ported?

Because a Nihon Maru cannot win against a Chiyodagata

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogDavis View Post
    I only own FOTS and I tested the mod for him. They don't show up unless you have Shogun 2 and ROTS
    Well I have units showing up that I didn't pay for. Maybe it has something to do with FOTS being more standalone than the other dlc.

Just so that I can keep my peace of mind, I'm not using the pack that contains the new units (time warp 2) until I buy the dlc
    Last edited by kugkings; November 29, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

HM, looks like Time Warp 2 got removed by a mod.

Ig, i think its a great idea, but i tried 8 times with a shogun army in fots and it didnt work. Maybe theres something wrong with looking or stats

Thanks for all your mods, the pike tercos are incredible

haldier

Ig, i think its a great idea, but i tried 8 times with a shogun army in fots and it didnt work. Maybe theres something wrong with looking or stats

Thanks for all your mods, the pike tercos are incredible

haldier

It works perfectly with mine and the testers' games though, so I think there's something on your end.
    If you don't own S2, but only FOTS, the mod won't work.

Thanks IGdood, i've been waiting for this one!! *hugs and cookies to you*

Just one thing though, it seems to conflict with campaign time limit expanding mods i think. Cant get these 2 mods to work with radious's fots fixes mod (which expands the time limit with a few years). =)

Hum this mod makes me wonder what kind of devilishness i can cook up AI mod wise.....

urgh... gotta resist....working on a mod already...

got the extended campaign to work using a diff. mod =)

Only thing i got a stick with is prices, Sengoku and RotS units should be cheaper than the FotS units as they are abit worse statwise. Because of this i dont feel like i "should" recruit these units, instead i feel im crippling myself.

Im not talking about half price or crazy cheaper. Just saying i think the prices for the shogun 2 and rots units should be lower than they are atm to compensate. FotS traditional units are generally stronger than their fots/sengoku equilants anyway (exeption being abilities).

You sure? I balanced the stats and the RoTS/Sengoku units can easily match any FoTS traditional unit. Naginata levy can beat up saber cavalry, and they also have more armor than Spear Levy. Ashigaru can kill any modern unit in melee.

I both agree and disagree ^^ might be mods on my part doing something, but i actually had a tough time fighting spear levy and yari kachi in melee (yari kachi matches most elite sengoku units), the shogitai also demolish, statwise, most sengoku/rots units.

The lower ranked units hold their own though agains line/levy infantry and levy spears. Ashigaru is fairly strong though.

I dont have a problem with stats tbh But from testing out cavalry and other modern units i feel a pricing balancing is needed with recruitment cost tweaked down abit, and upkeep for some units like yari cavalry balanced to match FotS traditional units.
    I really felt that pricing on some units was too much comparing them to FotS versions. Yari samurai is clearly worse than yari kachi (both has rapid advance too), yet its more expensier. Sure you can still win with yari samurai if you manage them right. but that doesnt justify the price ^^

Its just those "why is that unit expensier with higher upkeep than that unit" moments. Some units should have high upkeep (mounted samurai is pretty good in FotS.) but others are just plain worse than the similar FotS units and should receive lower recruitment price and upkeep.
    Some people might feel discouraged from using the RotS/sengoku units as it is

Its just my oppinion though =) but figured i'd point it out.

About naginata levy vs saber cavalry, thats kinda because of their high anti spear and numbers ^^

That said, i do love the mod =) and i greatly appreciate you guys releasing it.

Oh crap, I forgot to reply.....here I am a month late x_x

I do agree my pricing is a bit off, but there's just so many units....maybe someone give suggestions on what I can make cheaper/more expensive. Yari samurai cannot win against Yari Kachi in a straight melee, but they have a higher charge. Shogitai are melee masters and are a tier above katana samurai, but they have very little armor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast