Thread: AI reinforcements

Default AI reinforcements

Another newbie question. If I deselect AI for my reinforcements, is there any way to toggle inbetween the two armies? I don't seem to be able to get reinforcements to even come onto the battlefield if my principal army is 'full'.

Alternatively - must I always select AI for reinforcements if my principal army is'full'?

Default Re: AI reinforcements

Nope. If you deselect the AI for reinforcements, they'll come to the edge of battlefield, and wait there, and they'll reinforce your main army only when there is less than 20 units. If one of your units rout and leave the map, one of reinforcement units will replace it. You will never be able to control more than 20 units at battlefield in RTW.

You do not need to select AI for reinforcements....and I recommend NEVER let AI control them, unless they are all crappy units you can afford to lose, as they'll simply charge enemy army without any real tactics, and will get killed.

Also, there is a little GUI bug. If you deselect AI control, then right-click on any of the armies to check their strength, then go back, the AI button will re-check, but will still look unchecked. Toggle it on and off to get rid of that.

There is an option to allow more than 20 units at a time.

Player can control 20 units max at one time, that's hardcoded. AI can control more, but letting AI control your units is throwing them away.