Thread: Editing Emergent Factions?

Default Editing Emergent Factions?

I'm just wondering how I would go about editing the Timurids to be a form of Arab Nation, rather than appearing late in the game. I want to remove the emergent part of them, and having this Arab Nation from the start.
    I know how to edit units and everything, already added new settlements with Geomod.
    I don't really want to go into creating new factions from scratch, and I've already used the Normans and Saxons for Ireland and Aragon.
    Help please guys?

Default Re: Editing Emergent Factions?

I've never done this before, but I can take an educated guess. Hopefully someone with actual experience doing this can give you a better answer.

First, I remember reading a while back that all you have to do to make an emergent faction playable from the beginning is to give them a starting region in descr_strat.

Second, you probably want to remove the invasion army scripts in campaign_script. Otherwise they'll randomly get a ton of armies in the middle of the game.

Third, you might want to make sure that they can recruit army units and agents like other factions. On first glance, I don't see them being able to recruit religious agents.
    Last edited by PapaRosario; November 15, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks for the reply, I have actually done this before - like a year ago - but my laptop went boom and I lost it all.. Only recently got a new one, and forgot how to do it haha.. No they can't recruit religious agents or high standard ships.
    Will give it a shot, and hope for the best! Hahah!

All sorted, thanks for the help!
    Edited descr_sm_buildings so that they can recruit imams and advanced ships too

Don't you mean export_descr_buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Don't you mean export_descr_buildings?
    Yeah that's what I meant -.- Just got confused lmao