Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CVRIA activity

Default Re: CVRIA activity

In which way one system is better than the other? so we do not go "that way direction heading".

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

There is no accountability anymore, I can vote yes or no without even looking at the application and no one can tell me otherwise. With the CdeC members are required to give a damn or lose their position. Its just one reason why I like the CdeC more

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    Nothing changed then.
    Actually the Curia gained several active citizens who would have never made it past the CdeC
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Actually the Curia gained several active citizens who would have never made it past the CdeC
    you never know they possibly could have, but even if they didn't they could reapply 3 months later with a better resume.

The CdeC is overall the better option

Section Editor ES

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    There is no accountability anymore, I can vote yes or no without even looking at the application and no one can tell me otherwise. With the CdeC members are required to give a damn or lose their position. Its just one reason why I like the CdeC more
    Except that CdeC members, not all and those that did not all of the time, didn't actually give a damn, they just pretended to. Just because a CdeC member says they fact checked there was no way whatsoever to determine if they actually did what they said they did, and it was clear looking at many applications that CdeC member did not in fact look closely at an application to investigate the worthiness of a candidate otherwise hex (Q diplomatically, and me with a baseball bat) would not have had to step in nor would there have been appalling cases that failed.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Except that CdeC members, not all and those that did not all of the time, didn't actually give a damn, they just pretended to. Just because a CdeC member says they fact checked there was no way whatsoever to determine if they actually did what they said they did, and it was clear looking at many applications that CdeC member did not in fact look closely at an application to investigate the worthiness of a candidate otherwise hex (Q diplomatically, and me with a baseball bat) would not have had to step in nor would there have been appalling cases that failed.
    I not going to argue about how CdeC members were at their jobs whether they were good or bad. they were elected into office and the responsibility lays with the voters to vote in officials who will do the job properly. It is a failure on the part of the citizenry not CdeC if the job isn't done to satisfaction and should elected someone who will.

Section Editor ES

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Or, when they checked, some of them (me f.e. in my early terms) who checked had so hilariously high standards, that thorough checking didn't made the checking any better (see the General Brewster case) and did nothing to further the applicants case.

That being said, there have been quite some descent councilors too!

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

I see some awards given because the CdC activity among other activities here in the CVRIA, being the CdC one relevant. All those award are being given to the CdC times participants. It is a paradox game: Hearts of Councilor.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    How sure of that could you be?
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

97.5 % sure

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    I not going to argue about how CdeC members were at their jobs whether they were good or bad. they were elected into office and the responsibility lays with the voters to vote in officials who will do the job properly. It is a failure on the part of the citizenry not CdeC if the job isn't done to satisfaction and should elected someone who will.
    You keep overlooking, accidentally I'm sure, the other obvious shortfall, aside from the many I've previously mentioned. A person may not want to take a full time position but still want to take part. With CdeC we had approximately 6 people, at most, with knowledge of the area a member was bringing in, now we have every citizen who has knowledge of that area that can, if they chose, participate. In some knowledge areas that 6 was woefully inadequate and no one could step in to bring the required knowledge to the table. I also notice how every time people point out a problem with CdeC to you its never CdeC's fault it's always the fault of the rest of the citizens for electing them.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Citizen

You keep overlooking, accidentally I'm sure, the other obvious shortfall, aside from the many I've previously mentioned. A person may not want to take a full time position but still want to take part. With CdeC we had approximately 6 people, at most, with knowledge of the area a member was bringing in, now we have every citizen who has knowledge of that area that can, if they chose, participate. In some knowledge areas that 6 was woefully inadequate and no one could step in to bring the required knowledge to the table. I also notice how every time people point out a problem with CdeC to you its never CdeC's fault it's always the fault of the rest of the citizens for electing them.
    The citizens are always at fault because they always have a choice.

The CdeC wasn't perfect but we did have our bases covered when it came to various branches contributions.

This vote when you want too is a flawed system, It leaves the door open to anyone with a citizen badge to vote yes for friends and not give a damn about anything else. At least the CdeC was accountable for what they voted on and received constant feedback from admins and citizens.

Section Editor ES

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

How sure of that could you be?
    100%. Take mishkin, he has no contributions in the sense the CdeC understood them yet he is by far one of the most active members at the moment. I doubt the CdeC would have passed him without Hex intervention. Or take Pike, he would have been rejected purely on principle because he criticized the CdeC. Or Darren who would have been rejected because nobody on the CdeC would've had even an inkling of the effort making those videos requires.

The only way the CdeC would have worked is if they were hand picked by Hex and consisted of members with varying interests.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

It's time to remove the curia and the badges that go with it.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Blog Entries

It's time to remove the curia and the badges that go with it.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Why?
    It's long overdue. Trying to open up the curia to non citizens is the first step. It's just a matter of time.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Blog Entries

I have a prediction too. You will not see more than twenty non-citizens in the prothalamos.

I have a prediction too. You will not see more than twenty non-citizens in the prothalamos.
    Time will tell.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

In that case they might outnumber the citizens at some moments. What if they are in majority in favor of a proposal and then we vote by a few citizens the contrary? It would be like a citizens mutiny in our own ship.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; August 20, 2014 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    In that case they maybe outnumber the citizens in some moments.
    Sounds like "they, the enemy"