Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CVRIA activity

Default CVRIA activity

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    The thing is that we have not conquered foreign lands so we are not governing by force people that do not belong to our group. We govern the land of the recognintion of the contribution, so all the citizens are 'Romans'=all the citizens are contributors. If we use the proposed system, the spread of the citizenship will have an obvious problem and it is that the system allows to give citizenship just with political purposes. I want to take charge of any officer post here so I move my clients to vote me, if I do not have enough clients I can 'produce' them via votation, if I have not a wide support I can gett it little by little by promoting members to citizenship, not because they have made contributions but because it is interesting for my purposes. So at the end this can end up being a partys fight for power not a system to reward the effort. As I said this can be funny as it is another game by itself , but it is also loosing a tool to motivate the commited people. To motivate the commited people I think we should think in other things not related to the core of the existance of the system but in its content or dayly activity.

Today I plan to make the lod3 and the lod4 of my last unit, but here I am reading and writing. My time is limited, but what I have planned to do is exactly the activity why I was made part of this group, so modding and showing my work in the game forum for me it is fullfiling my duties as member of the CVRIA. The problem for the CVRIA is that daily work by its members, which must be hughe, does not show here. There are specialized forums to do so, mods forum, workshops and the like, so for the CVRIA forum there are very hard competitors in the purpose of taking the attention of the active citizens not to make contributions but to show them here. So at the end it seems that the group of citizens is stopped and lack of life which is enterely false. What can be done to link the hughe daily contribution of the citizens to the CVRIA?

What about CVRIA awards?
    Extracted from direct democracy for apllications thread.

I open this to coment the reality of the CVRIA activity in TWC as a group of members and also how it shows in the CVRIA forum.

If we made a survey of what the members of the CVRIA we could see that the ammount of activity in the TWC and the quality is really high. So happening this why we are so dawn obsessed with the mantra that we are making nothing.

What happens to the CVRIA forum is normal, it is what happens to the public affairs the real life. We do not get involved because it has a cost and we think others will solve it. What we have to do is to make the profit of participating higher than the cost.

Another extract from "direct democracy for applications" thread. This is my most brilliant speach in invented English of all the times, at least my times

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    I agree we can only govern ourselves. So lets do it.

Most of us belong to at least one social group. I think this is the most relevant and active social group. We have been gathered here because we have done a tiny or big nice contribution in field very different to what we are suposed to do here. So we must admit that we are not expertise on what we are expected to do when we come here. Changin DB tables or modeling or writing poems or AARs does not make us great social dealers nor teach us what to do once we come inside this forum. It seems that this forum is the goal of a hard run , but once we pass the line then the eternal debate begins. Debate about how to debate. That is very limited for our sofisticated apes mind so soon we get into a boring rutine that make us visit this place in further random moments. Just look Harry's video about the mood poll, brilliant without any word, not like me that I cannot stop even under water. And making numbers this happens to all of us sooner or later so then this place never goes up.

The thing then is the content of the forum that can make it atractive for our eyes not only when we have the ilusion of becoming members but for the rest of the time we spent here. We are brilliant people, and there is much more people out ther in the forums trying to become citizen because they deverve it. For us and for the ones to come. Why dont we use our big melon heads to provide us the great forum that we deserve?

Well here is the list of some funny awards that I have been thinking on. Find the silly explanations bellow:

AWARD TO THE BEST FORNITURE LAUNCHER.

AWARD BEST FORNITURE RECEIVER.

AWARD TO THE BEST POLL DESIGNER.

AWARD TO THE "YES AND NO" TELLER.

AWARD TO THE BEST INVENTED ENGLISH

More serious and meaningful awards:

NEWTON AWARD/RELATIVITY AWARD.

ELVIS AWARD.

LORD ADMIRAL NELSON AWARD.

CICERO AWARD.

GALILEO AWARD.

WINSTON AWARD.

VLADIMIR AWARD.

ARNOLD AWARD OR JAMES AWARD.

MR. B. AWARD.

ZEUS AWARD.

WONKA AWARD.

In the definitions you can use "she" where "he" is placed.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Default Re: CVRIA activity

It's a very good point that is often lost. When lamenting about how few citizens participate in the Curia, we forget that many people just don't want to and have other things that they want to do with their time. What did you mean by "CVRIA awards"?

The members of the CVRIA, are so because of our activity in the TWC. Our activity here is to make mods, writings, promote participation, administration.... I know there are general awards for the whole TWC site, but what does stop us from making our own awards? this would give acivity to the CVRIA forum, some members of it would be dedicated to the purpose, others would comment and so, more life here. And MORE IMPORTANT, it would show the positive power in terms of capacity of work that the members of the CVRIA have. It would rise the moral of the CVRIA and the feeling of belonging to this group. No need of medals if that is a problem but the list of winner could be made public in relevant place for ever.

I do not know if I made my point clearly, for me the CVRIA activity is not the posting here in this CVRIA forum but the activity of the CVRIA members in all the TWC site. If you think about it it gets thrilling the quality and ammount of it, we are down now by the eternal debate of decadence but instead we should be amazed because belonging to such an active commited and brilliant group. Maybe we need more information about it, make it public in a regular basis, and if you think about it awards can fit this role. But awards are not the only way to make this forum and the group that is behind feel good and participate in common activities. What about debates of modding situation? or debates any other activity? Common modding projects placed in the CVRIA forums? Maybe awards will slowly enforce this activity promotion too. Regular surveys to feed the process with information would be also an activity of the CVRIA and all would link the members to the forum more regularly than the way it is now.

By the way this is the unit, Royal Scots Greys and my contribution of the week.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Bethencourt; December 07, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

It seems that people here in the CVRIA pays a lot of attention to bloody debates where people launches the forniture against the head of the other debaters.

Thinking on it I have concluded that one of the awards could be AWARD TO THE BEST FORNITURE LAUNCHER. For the best debater of a winning bill.

Also there could be one to the AWARD TO THE BEST FORNITURE RECEIVER. For the best debater of a loosing bill.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 26, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Nicely said Bethencourt

Icon1 Re: CVRIA activity

Sorry posted that in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by TNZ; November 26, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: wrong thread

The CVRIA is made up of all the citizens, and also it is the forum where we can participate in common things. But the CVRIA as a group is very active in TWC, much more that what it is in the CVRIA forum. What is the CVRIA forum for? that is the real question. If you come down here it seems to be a field for political games. Games. It is a game. And who is playing it, arround 50 peope average. It is not very popular. Now some people think they must destroy it. That is part of the game.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Another award, and you will a agree with me 100%, no need to make a poll of it, is that lately and increasing activity is to make surveys and polls, so why not to reward it?

But I am not going to impose this so I will start a poll here

AWARD TO THE BEST POLL DESIGNER

a) Yes I like the award.

b) I want the award for me.

c) No, you take it all for you, oh, magnificent Bethencourt.

Finally I did a poll, could not avoid it, and the correct answer is c).
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 26, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNZ View Post
    Sorry posted that in the wrong thread.
    I was interesting anyway, where has it gone.

ANOTHER AWARD.

People uses to say one thing one day and the opposite the other day, even more they get to say the one thing and the opposite thing at the same time so the award dedicated to this superpower is AWARD TO THE "YES AND NO" TELLER.

ANOTHER AWARD.

People like me use a language that we think it is English. So AWARD TO THE BEST INVENTED ENGLISH.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 26, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

ANOTHER AWARD

NEWTON AWARD. This is the most logical award. What he tells is law for all of us. This rewards the best succesful proposer of amendments and decisions. No need to vote, it is just plain to see, count his victories. If two or more members have the same number of victories then it turns to be the RELATIVITY AWARD for all of them.

ELVIS AWARD. Our bones dance to the rythm he plays. He is the king of the SYMPOSIUM. This rewards the best SYMPOSIM active member.

LORD ADMIRAL NELSON AWARD. He commands the fleet wisely, he can see what others cannot and finds the safest and quickest route to a global success. Award to the best curial activity proposer/designer.

Last edited by Bethencourt; November 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

CICERO AWARD. When he speaks the Forum Magnum remains quiet. His voice takes us to believe other worlds are possible, his projects have no limits. Best Forum Magnum active member.

GALILEO AWARD. He can explain us how the stars and the planets move even risking his own personal security. Most helpful member.

WINSTON AWARD. His leadership has no rival, no matter the office he is busy with. He is an inspiration for all surrounding him, and he never surrenders. Best CVRIA officer.

Last edited by Bethencourt; November 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

Could be fun to have informal curial awards, no medals just kudos, add a bit of levity..

Yeah of course. Here we need some more laughing. It seems we have ate too many medals.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 27, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

ENROLE THE CCC HERE

ANOTHER AWARD.

VLADIMIR AWARD. The ideological super structure is based on and justifies the strucure reality where only a reduced group of privileged people hold the production means. What ever you may understand reading this, the CVRIA, this Winter Palace of the bourgeois citizenship fully dedicated to larceny of medals, self promoting dilettantes, should be assaulted and abolished. Best revolutionary CVRIA member.

Last edited by Bethencourt; November 28, 2012 at 06:14 PM.

One thing I have always wondered is: why the CVRIA is soooooo close to the TWC Cementry? Is it a joke? a subliminal message? a capricious coincidence? a capricious( from capra in latin= goat) coincidence? (where a goat can go, a man can go and all that...)

Why dont we place it up TWC? my middle finger gets tired to get down here. Doesn't it happen to you? How could this joke, subliminal message, capricious coincidence and capricious coincidence be affecting other members not to get directly here and then loose interest?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 28, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

The Cemetary?

The location I usually refer to it as is "just beneath Thema Devia."

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Yes, exactly in my invented English. I am good in the far perspective, no meaning that I am ugly, but I am lost in translation.

Huh? Oh I hadn't noticed that your spelling was off.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

ANOTHER AWARD.

ARNOLD AWARD. Where ever it is required he goes. When you get to realize, the action has already finished and you are not the winner. He is here to impose the system will. Do not beware of he dog, he has already eaten it. Best bot of the Curial Community Corps

OR

JAMES AWARD. Others have fallen in the duty. He feels the pain but is not a distraction for him to accomplish the mission. He has got the license and make not mistake ... he will use it. He only reports to N. Joe. Award to the best agent of the Curial Community Corps

Last edited by Bethencourt; November 29, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast