Thread: Reveal Fog of War

Default Reveal Fog of War

i am trying to raise the fog of war so that i have a better idea of how the campaign is looking. I pressed ` and then typed toggle_fow, but nothing happened. i have also tried to open the cheat console by pressing ~ and the same happens ; nothing! what am i doing wrong? Is it because i have RTW Gold?

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Default Re: Reveal Fog of War

no its not.... try goin in the preferences.txt and fog of war which is near the top... if it has true change it to false

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Or do it twice, it might take two times to get it to work. Although that's what I had.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

you can just do

/toggle_fow on

and

/toggle_fow off

works just as well for me.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Yes, I find that sometimes when I type toggle_fow it ignores the command until I type it again.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.