Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Competition #4 [CTF] [2000GMT Saturday the 24th of November]

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Weekly Competition #4 [CTF] [2000GMT Saturday the 24th of November]

THE GAME

Start time: 2000GMT

The game is a Capture the Flag, in the Underwater City map, which we have changed about a bit to suit ourselves.

Each team has 2 bases, which are 75m apart. Their flag base, which is just their team flag and a chest with a Golden Chestplate in it, and their home base, where beds, respawning armour chests and spare storage chests are located.

The aim of the game is to capture the enemy flag. You must equip the chestplate before running back to your own base, so game admins and other players can identify who the flag carrier is. You may not score a point if your own chestpiece is missing: a point is scored every time there are two golden chestplates in your team chest at the flag base. Admins will then replace the chestpieces in each team's chest so another point may be fought for.

First team to 5 points wins. We may alter this if the game is going too slowly or too quickly, but we think 5 is fairly rounded.

THE RULES

- You may not spawn camp either enemy base. The home base has walls of the team colour and team flags around it, which enemies may never enter. There is no walls around the flag base, but camping at it is not allowed. Admins will use their own judgement about whether or not someone is hanging too close.

- You may only score a point if both golden chestpieces are in your flag base chest. You may not move your own golden chestpiece or your flag base.

- You must equip the golden chestplate when you loot it and leave it on until you put it in your own team's flag chest. Failure to do so will disqualify the point.

- The game does not stop when you capture the chestpiece. Admins will replace the chestpieces as soon as a point is confirmed to be scored, which will only take a few seconds. Go on the attack!

HINTS & TIPS

- Each base has chests with respawning starter kit in them so you'll never be naked. The loot chests also have non-respawning sticks in them. Remember you can't enter the enemy home base, so you can't steal them.

- There is more than one way to approach each enemy flag base. The map is a big circle.

- You fight on the lowest level of the city, there is a large area above your heads, some of which overlooks the lower levels.

- Throughout the city there are non-respawning chests with diamonds, ender pearls, golden apples, bows, arrows and potions in them. Find them fast, once they're gone they're gone.

- The rewards in the chests get better the higher you go, but there's only one way on to the upper levels, which both teams will need to find and use...

POINTS ALLOCATION

Each player pools 10 points into the total winnable points. Remember you do not lose these 10 points, you only make the total pool bigger by playing. The more the merrier!

- 20% to each player of the winning team. With 10 players, 100 points, every winner gets 20 points.

- 15% to the player making the first flag capture.

- 15% to the player drawing first blood.

- 10% to the player that finds the book that Mang accidentally left somewhere. It's his building manual.

- 10% to the player that finds the stone sword Poach accidentally left somewhere. I know stone swords suck but I really liked it...

- 10% to the player that finds the highest chest on the map. Get climbing!

Players must summon an admin when they find the sword, book, or highest chest. Points will be awarded when the admin confirms you have discovered the item.
    Last edited by Poach; November 23, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

Vicarius

Default Re: Official PvP General Discussion Thread, Part II

I will miss it

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Weekly Competition #4 [CTF] [2000GMT Saturday the 24th of November]

Just a silly question, but what if somebody fabricates a gold chestplate? Then a plan like this occurs:
    Red Player A gets the Blue original, hides somewhere. Team Red lie in chat saying that Red Player B captured the Blue original. Red Player B streaks around with a fake chestplate.
    Sorry for that, I'm being hysterical. What version of Minecraft?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

There is nothing on the map with which to fabricate a gold chestplate: there is no gold on the map. Also, 1.4.2 I believe, same as the PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by 10greenbottles View Post
    Why would everyone want that? I don't think all that many people care to be honest.
    Who doesn't like to watch a catastrophic war? And believe me Greens, many more people would love to watch than you think. Remember how friendly your Northern companions are, and think how many friends you've made.

Pyrate9999's Avatar Semisalis

I am really bad at time zones and the 24-hour clock, so am i correct in saying that the time for me here in Alberta is 1300?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

You are correct.

Pyrate9999's Avatar Semisalis

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Dang, I might miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Glory to the Red Team! Let the Glory spill out into the PvP Server with celebratory feasts!

There should be points for the person with the most wins! I'm sitting at two right now

Vicarius

Benz + Sel = death to the blue guys we are fighting for no actual reason.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Connor93 View Post
    There should be points for the person with the most wins! I'm sitting at two right now
    As am I

Strike force Celoxia, Connor, and Patrick was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynen View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Lmao

Poach's Avatar Civitate

We all know Red only won because Chels didn't feel like laying the smackdown on all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    We all know Red only won because Chels didn't feel like laying the smackdown on all of you they are vastly superior.
    Fixed.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

From admining the first game my general thoughts were:

- Neither team was overstacked on skilled players. Both were fighting each other quite well, and this was evidenced in the second game where, once Blue fixed the point below, the match was much more actively contested

- The Blue team simply did not conceptually grasp how to play a CTF match. Maybe we had, by chance, stacked all the FPS players into the Red team. Blue just ran about fighting, they did not form cohesive attacks or mount any coordinated defence. Pretty much all 5 Red captures in that match were unopposed or opposed by the odd respawning Blue that happened to see someone at their flag when they left their bed base.

In summary, Red won not because they were better PvPers or even because they were more coordinated. Red won because they were playing a CTF, Blue seemed to think they were playing Team Deathmatch.

Red won
    Cut it down to the important parts

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

In summary, Red won not because they were better PvPers or even because they were more coordinated. Red won because they were playing a CTF, Blue seemed to think they were playing Team Deathmatch.
    What the hell is team deathmatch? Last time I played that was in AOEII

If you mean Team Slayer yeah I play that way on CTF games a lot.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    What the hell is team deathmatch? Last time I played that was in AOEII

If you mean Team Slayer yeah I play that way on CTF games a lot.
    Peoples dictionaries do not revolve around halo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast