Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V4 Gaelic Nations Fan Thread

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default V4 Gaelic Nations Fan Thread

Default Re: V4 Gaelic Nations Fan Thread

Well... they sure are my favorite opponent to fight!

Morrigan's Followers or something are quite a pain in the arse to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Morrigan's Followers or something are quite a pain in the arse to kill.
    Nothing a good cavalry charge can't handle!

Can't charge in siege defense...

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I gotta say, the Caladoni Sord are one of my new favorite units.

I on the other hand just love Morrigan's Sworn. So much fluff and Gaelic flavor, double axes plus throwing axes. They are just brutal.

After I crush Avalon as the Meravangi, I'll come back a few playthroughs later as these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Can't charge in siege defense...
    Sally out...ride sally ride...
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

question: are the dual-sword wielding gauls as deadly as I hope they are?

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice808 View Post
    Sally out...ride sally ride...
    as a rule i don't sally out (i don't like to glitch out the siege engines, its abusing a game design fault. like jumping on a rock in skyrim )
    do duel wielded weapons have a faster animation or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    as a rule i don't sally out (i don't like to glitch out the siege engines, its abusing a game design fault. like jumping on a rock in skyrim )
    do duel wielded weapons have a faster animation or is it just me?
    what do you mean glitch out the siege engines??

When you attack a ladder or a tower, the ai units will drop it in order to fight you and a lot of the time they won't pick it back up again. Or if you hit it after it's already linked up to the walls, the units in the tower will simply freeze up and the bridge will never drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    When you attack a ladder or a tower, the ai units will drop it in order to fight you and a lot of the time they won't pick it back up again. Or if you hit it after it's already linked up to the walls, the units in the tower will simply freeze up and the bridge will never drop.
    wow...never had that happen...I barely sally out but usually when I do they drop the siege equipment and fight me...don't remember trying this for Thera though I probably did...is this a universal issue or just with this mod???

It's an issue going back to RTW, iirc, It would actually happen every time in those days.

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

One f the best faction rework ive seen, loved everything about it, and theres everything i had in my wishlist for it.
    Thank you thera creators.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    It's an issue going back to RTW, iirc, It would actually happen every time in those days.
    You are talking about Rome...Im talking about Medieval Total War Kingdoms!!!!...Don't live in the past....I see ALL now!!!!!

Same engine, silly. the problem is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiserix View Post
    question: are the dual-sword wielding gauls as deadly as I hope they are?
    I've found Pict Sords to be pretty deadly; they have high attack—especially considering you can recruit them from turn 1—and very quick attack animations. Decently armored as well, which makes them particularly ideal for storming walls, where the mg42 arrow turrets will make mincemeat of unarmored troops who have their backs turned. The "Sord" units in general are my go-to guys for assaulting walls.

Morrigan's Sworn are better if archers/towers are out of the equation, though. Those guys are beasts—2 hitpoints, armor piercing on both throwing axes and melee, excellent stamina, frighten enemy, fast attack animations, hide anywhere, and to top it all off they never rout. The thing is, of course, archers are not likely to be out of the equation when you're fighting Avalon.

Speaking of Avalon, I hate Avalon. Can't they just take their armored ponies and have pony fashion shows with the Meravangi or something? At least until my capital can grow enough to build semi-decent cavalry—I'm looking at you, Kern Cavalry (speaking of which, is the second-level stables supposed to replace the highlander cavalry unit with kern cavalry altogether? It seems odd, especially considering that kern cavalry aren't even an upgrade to highlander cavalry, more of a side-grade really.)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And what's the deal with the crusader stack of doom that Avalon starts out with? Seeing that for the first time made me want to cry.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Speaking of Avalon, I hate Avalon. Can't they just take their armored ponies and have pony fashion shows with the Meravangi or something? At least until my capital can grow enough to build semi-decent cavalry—I'm looking at you, Kern Cavalry (speaking of which, is the second-level stables supposed to replace the highlander cavalry unit with kern cavalry altogether? It seems odd, especially considering that kern cavalry aren't even an upgrade to highlander cavalry, more of a side-grade really.)]
    At second level stables you should be able to recuit both

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    And what's the deal with the crusader stack of doom that Avalon starts out with? Seeing that for the first time made me want to cry
    All AI factions recieve a couple of 'doom stacks', We want human players to face a challenge right from turn one. Thera should not be place for blitzers

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast