Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V4 Kingdom of Avalon Fan Thread

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: V4 Kingdom of Avalon Fan Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice808 View Post
    See what you say now makes sense. I never saw it that way. However I would like to see the pirates and the buccaneers less professional and more of a "go to the drinkin holes and round up the boys....we got some fightin to do..." works either way tho...
    I know what you mean

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    I know what you mean
    so different skins and a new rag-tag roguish attitude ??? The alcohol make us friends...

so different skins and a new rag-tag roguish attitude ??? The alcohol make us friends...
    Well, I prefer to seem them as "civilized barbarians". Yes, they do steal, murder, and unspeakable things to women, but they do it like sirs. With a bit of violin and sipping some tea.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

There will be no changes to the unit, I am happy with them as they are. But I do understand the point you are making.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

kieran12's Avatar Civis

I play vh/vh/ been using the Gaelic Nations. For me Avalon is a weak faction, their armies if there lead by a weak commander ( give up too easy)

They sent lot of armies against me when they first invaded, can be troublesome to deal with. But after 10 to 20 turns i have destroyed an invasion force of about 30,000 men.

I don't like them...

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

I love Avalon. They are my second most played faction, after the Pale Knights. I love how they are the only ones that allow the player to form a "professional" Medieval Army. After watching Fate/Zero, I can't help but feel sad that we can't have a female Faction Leader (Arturia, you magnificent *****). Oh, well, we can have them in FFs...sometime in the future, once Sojourn is completed.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Just started my first campaign as Avalon, it's cool playing a faction that brings justice to those ungodly barbarians. Although I did made the mistake of attacking the Gaelics while being seriously undermanned... d'oh!

Also my king just died and his portrait didn't turn gray. Dammit!
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; June 26, 2014 at 09:26 AM.

Never played these guys. Always have to come to their rescue since they inevitably get kicked off the gaelic island and pile tons of stacks on their little island.

Are you going to go for the city states the n gaelic settlements or just blitz those barbarians.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I hate how the AI just keeps full stacks of armies just idle standing at the edge looking toward the sea into other lands

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    I hate how the AI just keeps full stacks of armies just idle standing at the edge looking toward the sea into other lands
    "If only we knew how to make boats..."

These guys are pretty neat! I have huge armies of archers protected by cheap spearmen and some cav. Very fun to see the enemy torn to shreds before reaching my lines.

If only those Gaelic druids would stop crashing all my battles...

Edit: It was the Morrigan Sworn throwing axes. Changed them to javelins now it works.
    Last edited by Encablossa; November 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I just finished playing Avalon it was very fun. I lost my royal family and eventually lost. But I do like this faction a lot

I remember when Prince Arthur brought his army to Medici to capture and bring to justice the vile man known as Lord Falcone. The battle took place outside of the city and it was a great one. Armored soldiers clashed in the main battle line, archers were loosing there projectiles at Falcone's rearguard and Arthur led his cavalry around the edge of the fight to flank the rebel lord. As the enemy line began to weaken, Arthur committed the elite Knights Hospitaller to finish the butcher's work. Soon the rebels were in flight and Arthur rode down Lord Falcone as he tried to rally his men and skewered the cur's head with a lance.
    Last edited by HolyBob; November 24, 2014 at 09:44 AM.

That island with the Teutonics, Avalonians, and Chevaliers is one of my favorites on the map. So many top tier cities in the vicinity. And even with the powerful rebels in the region you can usually snatch up the settlements before any of the other factions in the area.

is it just me or are the vas gta sultanate units very powerful? I've faced defeat after defeat and am only winning because of my superior numbers.
    Last edited by Encablossa; November 27, 2014 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12