Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill

This looks very promising. I'm really looking forward for this mod.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill

I think the greatest contribution to the community that this mod will give is the ability to create a single mod for an individual region.
    There are some unique features in the mod that people will like but once it is released, I'd like to see MBS used by the community to make truly unique regions and armies.
    It will just take far too long for me to try doing this by myself.

During my Alpha tests I have tried to incorporate all of the popular mini-mods that the community uses. Some I just could not get to work right but many have been added with no problems.

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 001 RELEASED**

BETA version 001 is out NOW!

Ok, I am crossing my fingers that everything works right for you guys. I am still working on the "How to Play" guide so bear with me.

Ok, first problems found...

1. Brigadier Grahams music mod is causing some problems so don't use it!
    2. One of the Ashigaru text for the Military OS is missing. I will fix it in the next release.
    3. Sometimes when you destroy a provincial structure that the ai built, it will give you an incorrect provincial building (IE: destroy a Musashi farm level 2 and it will give you a Tango region farm level 1). That one will take some time to figure out.

Ok, back to play testing.
    Last edited by Hazbones; May 08, 2013 at 07:09 AM.

I'll dl now

Beta beta beta beta beta yay!

Ok, after some play testing, I noticed that the ai will create ALOT of sword peasants but isn't smart enough to create the right combo of buildings to create the higher level units of Ashigaru and Samurai.

To fix this, I plan to add Ashigaru to the trade posts and resource farms (on the provincial farm slot) to help him out. The secondary buildings will be the ones you create in the castle slots.
    So for example, you can create a wood trade post and with the Archer chain of bldgs in the castle you can recruit archers... etc.

I will hold off on adding Samurai to the farm slot to see how well the ai plays with the above mentioned tweak.

I will also work on the farm levels a bit to match them with the soil conditions in the region.
    IE:

Rice Paddies to Barren land (cannot upgrade)
    Meager lands can up to Improved Irrigation
    Average lands can up to Terraces
    Fertile and V. Fertile lands can up to Land Consolidations

I loaded MBS_Main packs and its worked fine, then I added Z_City_Castles and it was fine but had probs after adding Sinfonia_Semplice and the other mods. I will uninstall and add them 1 at a time to find out whats going on.

Brigs_Shogun2_v4_music makes it crash for me the rest are fine. Very interesting Mod Hazbones, I have a few questions 1/ Organization System - how and where do I choose an OS? do I just follow a random building tree and that is my own OS or are there set OS's that I need to follow that I haven't found yet? is there a chart or table so I could work out which route I should take to get what OS I'm after or do we just work it out over different campaigns.2/ Will each clan have different building priorities like takeda will build lots of horse's etc or not sorted yet? you mentioned it in your last post. And one thing as Takeda the first cav builing Proving Grounds give's a bonus but the next don't, only a small thing and things like that don't bother me but you may be interested Anyways it works and I'm getting exited about playing so back laters.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

oh god, not filefactory! its like the worst site ever for downloading without paying. That being said, I am so psyched to try it out!!

EDIT: Also, the addons are not working for me. it downloads, but when I try to open it it says that it is an incompatible file with J-zip
    Last edited by dowdpride; May 09, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FB_Bob View Post
    Brigs_Shogun2_v4_music makes it crash for me the rest are fine. Very interesting Mod Hazbones, I have a few questions 1/ Organization System - how and where do I choose an OS? do I just follow a random building tree and that is my own OS or are there set OS's that I need to follow that I haven't found yet? is there a chart or table so I could work out which route I should take to get what OS I'm after or do we just work it out over different campaigns.2/ Will each clan have different building priorities like takeda will build lots of horse's etc or not sorted yet? you mentioned it in your last post.
    Yes, Brig's music mod was a last minute addition that worked initially when I tested it but after that it started causing problems and caused crashes. Don't know what is going on there so just leave out that file for now.

Right now there is no launcher to change your OS, you have to change it manually. To this, follow these steps:

1. Open the MBS_Primary_Mod pack and look in the factions_table.
    2. Locate the "Military_Group" column change the group name to the OS you want that faction to use
    3. Group names to choose from are: MBS_PROV, MBS_CLAN, MBS_VASS, MBS_MIL
    4. Save and close
    5. Put your modded pack in your data folder

Hopefully I can create a launcher to do this step semi-automatically but I don't think the manual way is too complicated either.
    Once you change your OS in the factions table, it changes the units for that faction.

I am working on the "How to Play" guide in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by FB_Bob View Post
    And one thing as Takeda the first cav builing Proving Grounds give's a bonus but the next don't, only a small thing and things like that don't bother me but you may be interested Anyways it works and I'm getting exited about playing so back laters.
    Are you saying that after you upgrade the proving grounds to the next levels, the units no longer get the bonus from the proving grounds? I will take a look.
    Last edited by Hazbones; May 09, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    oh god, not filefactory! its like the worst site ever for downloading without paying. That being said, I am so psyched to try it out!!

EDIT: Also, the addons are not working for me. it downloads, but when I try to open it it says that it is an incompatible file with J-zip
    If you have another site that you'd like to upload the zips to and post a link here, I will make a link on the OP too.

I used WinRAR to zip the files. It is free to download and use so if you are having trouble with J-zip, try the other one.

So I got it all to work, and it looks really promising. However, it loads significantly slower than vanilla, probably due to the massive amount of content going on under the hood. Also experienced 2 CTDs in my first 20 minutes of play, one being right after the splash screen and the other being mid battle.

Do you have any other mods besides MBS installed?

Yup, it loads much slower due to the massive files running nothing I can do about that. The folks with a faster PC and a lot of RAM it will run a bit faster.

The crashes in mid battle are usually due to your video card not being able to handle the higher number of men in the units. Try turning down the unit sizes and see if that helps.
    Can you tell me which faction you were playing as when it CTD?
    Also, if you can test with a custom battle using the same units that you had when it CTD during battle then maybe we can narrow it down to a specific unit that might be causing the problem.

I can't tell you what the problem is concerning the CTD after the splash screen. I have never experienced that one myself.

My graphics card may be part of the problem (its on the frits) but its a 560ti. Also, I was playing as the Chosokobe, and fighting against the rebels, i had zoomed in on the peasant short yari, and they were being show by arrows. I dont think its the unit amounts that are an issue, as I have modded it before so there were 400 approx men in most units.

Ok, I will take a look at the Choso peasant short spear unit and make sure it isn't something with them.

Have you had any more CTD in battles?

I have dual graphics cards and I do sometimes get a CTD when using a mangonel unit for some reason. I can't find any reason why it would crash unless it is something with the TROM mod or projectiles table I took from Darthmod?

Keep up the bug reports!

Also on another note...

I am working on fixing the issue where destroying a farm, port, or Rspec building results in the slot jumping to some random province's building chain rather than the one it is supposed to have.
    To me, this is a game breaker. I have found a solution but have a small issue with the port slot that I am trying to figure out.

Once I get it all sorted, I will release version 002 soon.

Thx for that info Haz. The thing with the Proving Grounds was that it showed Cav Short spears with +1 then the next building upgrade showed Cav Short spear +0 I think It needed to be the other way around, I did not build it I was just testing and noticed it. Anyways I'll go do the change in MBS_Main I want to try MBS_MIL

Actually, Takeda is already set to the Military OS. The MIL OS is basically played the same as vanilla TWS2 but with a couple changes.
    Try any of the others and you'll see the difference in a heartbeat! All the other OS recruit their troops from the Rspec buildings exactly opposite of the MIL OS.

I added the building chains to the second post in this thread to help you see which structures are needed to build things.
    With version 002 there will be some significant changes that will help out the CAI alot.

Hi your mod looks so great well done I am downloading it right now but Do you plan to make Ai have different OS or will they all have the same as you ?

Thanks for that update Haz. I'm gunna play Chosokabe and try out Vassle OS. Maybe you could say in main page what the 9 main factions use as standard for a OS " Cosokabe uses Vassle OS, Shimazu and Mori use Clan OS, Hojo uses Provicial and the rest are Millatary OS." something like that, so numbnut people like me can just plug and play anyway I'm gunna give it a hammering all weekend.