Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 003 RELEASED 18May**

Thanks !

I'm playing as Hattori as my 1st clan. Doing great so far very slow progress but fun, I like that you can buy 5 mercs at a time for 1 big attack but be forced to sell them right after because of the upkeep. One problem I am having though is that I can't find out how to recruit kisho/retainer ninja for battles. It seems like they are in it because i completed a mission to unlock 1 ninja retainer but can not find in the tech system how to make them myself. Help would be appreciated

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nujabes View Post
    I'm playing as Hattori as my 1st clan. Doing great so far very slow progress but fun, I like that you can buy 5 mercs at a time for 1 big attack but be forced to sell them right after because of the upkeep. One problem I am having though is that I can't find out how to recruit kisho/retainer ninja for battles. It seems like they are in it because i completed a mission to unlock 1 ninja retainer but can not find in the tech system how to make them myself. Help would be appreciated
    Unfortunately, the Ikko and Hattori factions are my two least favorite and I am very much considering replacing them with two minor clans instead.
    My reason for this is because the Ikko-Ikki are not a faction but a religious resistance movement. The way I have them represented in MBS allows any clan to recruit them but you have to deal with the turmoil of having two religions growing in your regions (Buddhist and Ikko).

I want to remove the Hattori and replace them with a minor clan because I do not like having entire units of ninja on the battlefield.
    I decided to have just ONE kisho ninja unit available in this mod but I made it a Hatamoto unit and placed it on a high tier building so that you really gotta want it to spend the money to build all those buildings.

For now, as you mentioned, the Hattori get this single kisho ninja unit right out of the gate simply by completing a mission. Everyone else has to build for it.

Criminal Syndicate + Magistrate = the ability to recruit the kisho ninja Hatamoto unit

The Criminal Syndicate is on the Stealth chain in the castle.
    The Magistrate is located on the Regional Specialty slot and is one of the initial buildings you can create on level 1 along with the Artisans, Blacksmith, etc.

Since I am still in BETA, I am focused on getting features working and balancing the mod. Once I go on to a regular release, I will focus on cosmetics and shuffling things around to a point where I am happy.
    I hope you will try some of the other factions and test the different OS I have in this mod. Each OS is played differently so you will have a new experience each time.
    Last edited by Hazbones; May 23, 2013 at 04:16 AM.

Default Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 004 12tpy RELEASED 22May**

Step right up folks!
    That's right! BETA Version 004 is up! (see the OP)

The main change in this release is the 12 turns per year I implemented and limiting the farm levels to the soil fertility of the regions.
    I know there are some people that don't like that many turns in a game so I left version 003 links available to those that want to keep playing the regular 4tpy.

So here is the Change Log for v004:

BETA Version 004- (only use this one if you want 12 turns per year! Otherwise keep using v003)
    Implement 12 turns per year = done!
    Adjust all income to match 12tpy = done!
    Adjust build times to match 12tpy = done!
    Adjust some bldg costs = done!
    Adjust some tech requirements = done!
    Remove resource requirement from imported matachlocks = done!
    Adjust available farm levels to match soil of region = done!
    Worked on reducing vanilla rebellion troops = (still not complete)
    Worked on LUA file = (still not complete)
    Add Catholic religion requirement to build Nanban Trade Port = done! (testing this, might change)
    Work on CAI tables = done! (still adjusting for perfection)

Farm levels to region soil:
    Barren Land- Rice Paddies only
    Meager Soil- Up to Improved Irriagation only
    Average Soil- Up to Terraces only
    Fertile/ Very Fertile- Up to Land Consolidation

As soon as I finish this v_004 campaign I am playing-testing and get all the fixes incorporated, I will be posting BETA version 005 which will have both a 12tpy and 4tpy version to play.
    Last edited by Hazbones; May 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 004 12tpy RELEASED 22May**

Thanks !

mmmm 12 turns perfect

Quote Originally Posted by FB_Bob View Post
    mmmm 12 turns perfect
    I found that the 12tpy really helps the CLAN OS since it takes them longer to train troops.
    Now you have time to destroy buildings that the AI screwed up and built and make the regions more suited to your own build strategy.

Also, if you noticed, I made the castles really expensive and take a long time to build. This I think is more realistic and it helps the late game because when you start capturing all those fortresses and castles toward the end, you run out of food pretty fast.

Version 005 I will tweak the Ikko troops a little to make them more viable over the standard Buddhist troops. They already have better stats in some cases but I want to lower their upkeep like I did with the wako troops.
    The Ikko (troops, not the faction) really do have some nice heavy samurai units if you are willing to build the structures. I think if you stationed a monk inside the castle where you are building the Ikko temples and build a large Buddhist temple in a region adjacent to the Ikko region, it will help to hold down the spread of the Ikko faith.
    Last edited by Hazbones; May 23, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Unfortunately, the Ikko and Hattori factions are my two least favorite and I am very much considering replacing them with two minor clans instead.
    My reason for this is because the Ikko-Ikki are not a faction but a religious resistance movement. The way I have them represented in MBS allows any clan to recruit them but you have to deal with the turmoil of having two religions growing in your regions (Buddhist and Ikko).

I want to remove the Hattori and replace them with a minor clan because I do not like having entire units of ninja on the battlefield.
    I decided to have just ONE kisho ninja unit available in this mod but I made it a Hatamoto unit and placed it on a high tier building so that you really gotta want it to spend the money to build all those buildings.

For now, as you mentioned, the Hattori get this single kisho ninja unit right out of the gate simply by completing a mission. Everyone else has to build for it.

Criminal Syndicate + Magistrate = the ability to recruit the kisho ninja Hatamoto unit

The Criminal Syndicate is on the Stealth chain in the castle.
    The Magistrate is located on the Regional Specialty slot and is one of the initial buildings you can create on level 1 along with the Artisans, Blacksmith, etc.

Since I am still in BETA, I am focused on getting features working and balancing the mod. Once I go on to a regular release, I will focus on cosmetics and shuffling things around to a point where I am happy.
    I hope you will try some of the other factions and test the different OS I have in this mod. Each OS is played differently so you will have a new experience each time.
    Ah I see, so my Ninja Clan Fortress is kind of useless then? or does the fortress'es kisho Ninja training effect all provinces

I believe it affects all provinces, or at least it is supposed to. I will check on it and if it doesn't I will have it fixed in version 005.

The Hatamoto ninja retainer is currently under the wrong building chain. I did not realize it until now. It should only be recruited from the Ninja Rspec slot.
    I will have to fix that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Maybe I will create a merc ninja unit and make it only available from the Stealth slot in the castle. This way those factions that don't have the Ninja Rspec slot can still recruit a kisho unit but at a much higher cost and upkeep than you get with the other variant. What do you think?

bravo!

Would it be possible for you to mirror the mod on a different site? Your mod sounds quite interesting in terms of features, but I've been having serious issues trying to download it from the current host.

I don't like having files saved to different locations just because I sometimes forget where I put stuff but for your convenience I have uploaded the Main pack for version 004 on this site TWCENTER in the downloads sections.
    I also added a link to the new host location in the OP.

I will try to upload the addins pack too but it may be too big to host on this site. I will have to get back to you on that.
    In the mean time, download the main zip from TWCENTER and the addins zip from the other site.

Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    I believe it affects all provinces, or at least it is supposed to. I will check on it and if it doesn't I will have it fixed in version 005.

The Hatamoto ninja retainer is currently under the wrong building chain. I did not realize it until now. It should only be recruited from the Ninja Rspec slot.
    I will have to fix that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Maybe I will create a merc ninja unit and make it only available from the Stealth slot in the castle. This way those factions that don't have the Ninja Rspec slot can still recruit a kisho unit but at a much higher cost and upkeep than you get with the other variant. What do you think?
    I think it's a great idea, I'll put my Hattori campaign on hold until your next update.
    Until then I'll start short one with the Hojo and keep you updated on any bugs i find with them. Keep up the good work!

Ok.

I think in version 005 I will have moved the hatamoto retainer over to the Rspec slot for recruitment but it might be a later release that I get the merc ninja unit created for the Stealth chain.
    I am working on game balance right now and to create a whole new unit and get it working in all regions is a LONG pains-taking task. I discovered this as I started to create the merc unit and realized this was not going to be a quick fix.
    Remember that in this mod, each region has its own unit roster so essentially, I have to mod each region as if it was a stand-alone mod. It will definitely be on the to-do list though.

Once v005 comes out you should start a new campaign though as some changes won't take affect with games already started or it will just CTD.

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

BETA VERSION 005 is released!
    This is a 12 turns per year version so you'll have to hold on for a regular version with 4tpy.

The main features in this release are two CTD fixes I discovered and improving the religious units to make the more viable in the game. They are still small so you can't take over the world with them but at least you can afford to build more of them at once and maybe keep them around longer. The main CTD fix was an old one I knew of ever since version 001 but never could figure out what the problem was. It was dealing with the mangonels, the game would work fine until you tried to fight a battle with a mangonel unit, then it would CTD. I found and eradicated that bug!

Here is a full change log for this release:
    BETA Version 005- (only use this one if you want 12 turns per year! Otherwise keep using v003)
    Army balances = done (still need work)
    Add Bullet Proof Samurai Nodachi to Rspec Armorer = done!
    Add Hatamoto Heavy Samurai Naginata Retainer to Rspec Master Armorer = done!
    Adjust campaign difficulty handicaps = done!
    Move Buddhist Temple lower on tech tree to fix ai issue overbuilding it = done!
    Remove Ikko religion requirement from some Ikko units = done (peasants and a few other units only require the Ikko buildings but not the Ikko religion. Full roster is available to factions with the Ikko faith as a national religion)
    Remove Ikko religion from low level Ikko buildings to tempt ai to build them over the Buddhist ones. = done!
    Lower upkeep of religious units to make them more viable. = done!
    Add capture resistance to ai factions = done!
    Move Hatamoto Kisho Ninja Retainer to the Ninja Rspec slot (over from the Intel Rspec) = done!
    Fix CTD when using mangonels = done!
    Fix CTD when fighting against Toyotomi Rebels = done!
    Some special units (meant to only be available in 1 region) are available in all regions = fixed!

Are you planning on doing something to custom battles so that having a custom battle to try out different units be easier? Because right now every faction in MBS in custom battle has every unit in the game under spear infantry in what seems to be a semi-random order.

I can look into it and maybe put it on the to-do list. I really don't know how to fix the order in which the units are displayed in the custom battle page.

Unfortunately, I do not have a team helping me so I have to do everything when I have time. There are literally HUNDREDS of units in this mod and to fix them all would take a while and stop me from getting the game balanced and a non-BETA released.

If you or someone else wants to take a stab at it I won't object.

I ended up starting up a oda campaign and I already ran into a few problems. From the start the initial yari drill yard is not working; by which I mean in the recruitment tab it shows that the building is missing not that its missing the crafts portion. I fixed this by re-building it.

Also when I upgrade the drill yard to its second stage the unit for early/yari short spears disappeared leabing me with nothing to recruit.