Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 002 RELEASED 13May**

Hi Haz, I've only seen 2 vanilla unit cards. 1 was 1 unit of Yari Ashigaru with a Myoshi army and the other was the Bow samurai that I was given as a mission reward playing as Chosokabe for researching way of the bow.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

The mission reward is part of the Lua file which I haven't finished yet so I can understand where that vanilla unit came from.

The Miyoshi vanilla unit might be from a rebellion somewhere but I will check on it.
    I haven't got all of the rebellion units fixed yet either. I was playing Hojo and the son of some dude I executed for treason rose up against me. Many of his rebellion units were vanilla.

I also noticed that I messed up the loc file for a few units so that will be another known issue for next release.

Have you seen a pick up in the number of higher level units being recruited by the AI yet?

just dl it now, and will start a new campaign. I think this is going to be an epic mod after my first campaign. I do like to take my time and build up units etc I managed to keep my first lot of spawn units and they were getting very good stats by the end. Ok dl done bbl

I'm playing as Oda Few things I noticed, Ashigaru vassle short spears had no main name at start but did as I levelled up castles/buildings etc. Takeda are recruiting Fire cav, Cav Naginata and Longbow Cav I'm just about getting used to what to build for units but its still very confusing for my small brian to handle atm. like you need a resource + dojo + castle + Skill tree for unit types and I forget what I'm doing and mess it all up by building the wrong thing and then units I din't think I was building suddenly appear, then I'm like dam I wanted bowmen not spears hehe. Also I normaly build a fleet and take a trade node but haven't this campaing and alls fine. Not finding any real bugs I'll play again tomorrow cheers.

FB_Bob
    just dl it now, and will start a new campaign. I think this is going to be an epic mod after my first campaign. I do like to take my time and build up units etc I managed to keep my first lot of spawn units and they were getting very good stats by the end. Ok dl done bbl

I know! I had my sword peasants so long and fought so many battles with them that when I finally leveled up and had ashigaru available, I still found myself wanting to fight with those veteran sword peasants even though they were still weak compared to what I could have been using.

I posted the building chains on the second post in this thread to help you build better.
    I would suggest printing them out or writing them down and have them handy until you learn the game.

With BETA v002 I use this build strategy:

Playing PROV, CLAN, or VASS OS
    Regions WITHOUT an Rspec (region specialty slot) build:
    • On the Farm slot- either a wood Trade Post (for archers), craft Trade Post (for spears), ore Trade Post (for swords) or a horse farm (for cavalry)
    • At the Castle slot- match up with whatever resource you built out on the farm slot (archers-wood, spears-craft, swords-ore, cavalry-horses, etc.)
    • If you don't want to recruit many units at this location, build a temple (buddhist, christian or Ikko) or a merc bldg (stealth line) just to use in an emergency if the region is threatened
    • Another option is to just use these non-Rspec regions as your money/food factories- build markets, and focus on upgrading farms, port, and castle instead of worrying about building dojos.

Playing MIL OS
    Regions WITHOUT an Rspec (region specialty slot) build:
    • Units are built at the caste slot- match up with whatever resource you built out on the farm slot (archers-wood, spears-craft, swords-ore, cavalry-horses, etc.)
    • On the Farm slot- either a wood Trade Post (for archers), craft Trade Post (for spears), ore Trade Post (for swords) or a horse farm (for cavalry).

Playing PROV, CLAN, or VASS OS
    Regions WITH an Rspec (region specialty slot) you can build alot more troops since you can use two slots (farm/Rspec) to build:
    • On the Rspec slot build- either a wood resource bldg (for archers), craft resource bldg (for spears), stone resource bldg (for siege/firearms), etc.
    • Iron, Gold, Horses, Naval Tradition, and Holy Sites cannot be changed, just upgraded
    • On the Farm slot build a different resource bldg- either a wood Trade Post (for archers), craft Trade Post (for spears), ore Trade Post (for swords)
    • At the Castle (you can use two slots 1 for each resource you are making)- match up with whatever resources you built out on the farm/Rspec slots (archers-wood, spears-craft, swords-ore, cavalry-horses, siege/arms-stone)

Military OS would be the same build as usual. The key to this OS is to pump out as many troops as possible as fast as possible to compensate for their small unit sizes.

I will write down the bugs and put them on the to-do list for next release.

I have done some re-tooling of the CAI and beefed up some of the major clans to help them survive longer. I fixed the Miyoshi having some vanilla units too.
    There are still the rebellion units that show up as vanilla. I cannot seem to find where they are in the tables. Does anyone know how to change the rebels? I already changed the faction_rebellion_units table but to no avail.

Laetus

One thing spotted so far, as a Gunpowder unit geek, I've started an Otomo campaign which led me to a disappointing discovery. The "Leased Land" building is blank and totally unuseful, therefore i ask should it be reworked or removed completely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokter View Post
    One thing spotted so far, as a Gunpowder unit geek, I've started an Otomo campaign which led me to a disappointing discovery. The "Leased Land" building is blank and totally unuseful, therefore i ask should it be reworked or removed completely ?
    Sorry, but as I stated in my first post, I don't have the Otomo DLC pack so I cannot fix what you are talking about.
    That should not stop other people from creating their own submod for MBS with the Otomo DLC included. I would be happy to link to the mod should someone create it.

UPDATE: In other news, I am wrapping up a Hojo campaign using version 003 and I am happy with how it is shaping up. Once my campaign is done and I have fixed the handful of bugs that I have noted, I will release it to the public.

I will try to create an Otomo DLC friendly version of MBS but I need to know what the Land-Lease slot does in game?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

That provides you with instant 4000 koku sum of money, in exchange of losing honor severely.
    Leasing Japanese Soil to Foreigners exactly does that.

Hm? I thought you not having Otomo DLC just means you don't tweak them at all? Why this mod somehow broke that?

I don't have the Otomo DLC but I also don't want those people that do have the DLC to have a slot at their castle that is unusable. I want to do something for them to fill the hole.
    Without the DLC, I still cannot give the units to them in game nor the other DLC benefits. Like I said, it will be a DLC-friendly compromise but not giving them the DLC itself.
    Last edited by Hazbones; May 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM.

This mod is the business. Created an account just to tell you how cool you are.

As much as I love vanilla shogun, this mod is everything I ever wanted it to be. Gonna download tonight and play the **** out of it for the next 3 days. Keep it up man, this is the bomb-diggity!

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsmoothy View Post
    This mod is the business. Created an account just to tell you how cool you are.

As much as I love vanilla shogun, this mod is everything I ever wanted it to be. Gonna download tonight and play the **** out of it for the next 3 days. Keep it up man, this is the bomb-diggity!
    Thanks

You might want to hold off from downloading version 002 for right now or just play version 002 in order to get familiar with how to build and recruit stuff. I would not get too far into a campaign.
    I will have version 003 up later tonight that fixes alot of bugs and helps the CAI plan buildings and recruit better troops.
    Working on v003 right now and should have it uploaded in a few hours.

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 003 RELEASED 18May**

Ok folks, I have uploaded BETA version 003!
    I think you will really enjoy the updates.

Here's the change log:
    BETA Version 003-
    Crashes when destroying Rspec buildings = fixed!
    Adjust CAI build synergies to improve AI build strat = done!
    Beef up various clans to help them survive longer = done!
    Some vanilla units appear when there is a rebellion = adjusted (may still appear but less likely)
    Move horse and silk farms from level 1 to level 2 = done!
    Raise Wako unit cap from 2 to 8 = done!
    Fix Loc file text errors = done!
    Add Wako raider and bow unit to Pirate bldgs = done!
    Bug when upgrade castle slot to Fortress, you can't recruit units = fixed!
    Make minor clans more aggressive = done!
    Add caps to number of ships to stop ship spam = done!
    Make changes to Lua file = worked on a little (but still not complete)
    Make minor clans spawn in a region instead of standard rebels = done!

in Bungo rebellion 1 vanilla units ashigaru bow and 3 MBS units

Quote Originally Posted by igaryu66 View Post
    in Bungo rebellion 1 vanilla units ashigaru bow and 3 MBS units
    Thanks for letting me know. I am play-testing a Shimazu campaign and noticed the same thing in the same province.
    I am still working on the tables to try stopping the AI from using the vanilla troops. I hope to accomplish this by the first non-beta release.

For now though, I have at least gotten rid of the huge vanilla rebellions. It's a start.

Thank you for your work, this is my favorite mod

UPDATE:
    I am working on the BETA version 004 which I will try to make 12 turns per year work in MBS.

If you don't want 12tpy then you can stick with version 003 and skip to version 005 when it comes out.
    Version 005 will have an option to play either normal 4tpy or 12tpy.

I don't think there are any more features I want to include in this mod so when I get the balance right in each version (4 or 12 tpy) then I will be ready to get out of BETA and make the first non-beta version of MBS.

Ikko-Ikki recruit samurai, whether it will be corrected? possible to give them another OS?

CA has made the Ikko as just another faction and I cannot limit them to only recruiting just Ikko troops the way that this mod is set up.

All factions can build Ikko buildings and troops but they will suffer the effects of the religion spreading in their provinces.
    I got the idea for this from historical books which I read stating that factions like the Mori supported the Ikko armies in their battles against Oda.

In reality, the Ikko-Ikki were not a clan so-to-speak but instead they were a religious movement and the majority of their armies were followers of their faith rather than whole armies of monks.
    This means that regular samurai would have been in their armies as well as ashigaru, peasants, etc.
    The only difference between an Oda ashigaru and an Ikko ashigaru for instance was the religious faith that each one followed.

I think that the way that I am representing the Ikko in my mod will have to stay that way unless I create another army group like I did for each OS and that would just take way too long for me to do.
    You can change the OS they use by going into the factions_table in the main pack and editing the Military_Group column to which ever OS you'd prefer.

Thanks for the input.