Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

The base of the current mod is TROM. This means that the CAI, BAI, Techs, Buildings and general game mechanics were all from TROM. Everything to do with the units, tweaking the resources, and integrating the Organizational System was all me though not to mention multiplying each province so that there was 1 building chain and 1 unit roster for every region.

My next release will completely remove TROM and probably integrate one or more CAI/BAI mods from other modders. I will have my own Building Chains, Unit Rosters, Homemade Unit and Building icons, and a brand new (totally re-worked) and integrated Tech Tree that allows you to progress through all OS's and not be stuck with just one the whole game.

Real life is really getting in the way so I can only work on this mod as I have time. I keep plugging away at it though even if it seems like I disappear sometimes.

You should upload this to steam, it's preatty nice

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

not to mention multiplying each province so that there was 1 building chain and 1 unit roster for every region.
    That part was quite SICK, i never see thousand line just for units stats +_+, you sir are completly Madness in term of endurance
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

HAZ, did you make all the unit models/texture or you got from somewhere? they are the best i've seen for s2 so far!

Thanks, I have created all of the units myself just using the tools CA gave us.
    I think there is a lighting mod in there too but I didn't remember who's it was that I incorporated.

Making all of the units and buildings for all regions was just a lot of Copy/Paste and Find/Replace over, and over, and over again. Very tedious and boring.

Hi HB, I've been hammering the Expanded map a lot recently and then I wondered how much work it would be for you to incorporate it with your mod as there's over a hundred new regions/factions.
    would it be to much copy/past to do?
    If your going to incorporate other minor mods soon what ones are you thinking about?

Oh and can you add the MBS_addin's_004 patch to twc downloads as that filefactory wont work for me, thanks Bob.
    Last edited by FB_Bob; October 25, 2014 at 06:30 AM.

The next version I am working on is using the Expanded Map mod so it will take some time to create.
    I don't have a list of the minor mods I want to use yet but if you have suggestions please let me know what you'd like to see.
    I know Shogun 2 has been out long enough now so there are probably some minor mods that people think should be standard in any mod. I have not played in a while so you'll have to tell me which ones are the "mandatory" ones.

Another big mod I want to use in MBS is the one that has all of the Korean and Chinese units. Not because I want to add China or Korea to my mod but in order to use their models and weapons. They have imported so many new weapons I got lots of new Japanese units I can create using those weapon models and animations. It will be pending their permission of course.

I have not updated the Addins packs in a long time and I cannot guarantee that they still work with MBS. I can give you a list of the add ins so you can locate and download their latest versions:

Deployment Zone mod - creates huge deployment zones for battles
    Better Cities- Adds modded castes
    Better Maps- Improves maps, adds the villages around the castles in battle
    Furinkazan- Improved portraits of Generals and Agents
    Speed Reduction- slows down the pace of battles
    Vrago's General's Skills mod- Tweaks the skills of generals
    Gallus Remove Realm Divide mod- removes the Realm Divide

I'm away from my PC right now, but here's a short list.
    ACC: Gives each clan a colour scheme, in it's thread you can see how
    VUS: More unit parts for the vanilla units.
    Portugese Tercio variety: I may have the name wrong, but gives more variety to the Tercos.

Personally I think ACC or VUS is not a good shot, MBS has one of the best unit color/models of all S2 mods IMO, ACC makes everything more uniform giving a different color for each clan (loosing the, on my view, special part of MBS) and VUS, i think its just not necessary... and Haz, do you plan to reduce the campaign movement if you implement the expanded JP mod? because I feel people, with that map, are forced to do only siege battle (i dont think its a good thing)..

anyway, just my thoughts, but the mod, of course, is yours...

and do you have any idea of when you are going to release an update? or will you just release after everything is finished??

thanks!

As for the clan colors, units will eventually have the same colors but only the "late" versions of each unit. This is done to match history as the daimyo did not make uniform colors until the later years of the time period (1570's to 1600).
    I will plan to make 4 "versions" of each unit which you can upgrade to by building certain structures and exploring certain techs.
    The 4 versions are:

early (default, looks a lot like ROTS armours)
    modern (advent of heavy infantry)
    late (uniformity in armour/weapons)
    bullet proof (advent of plate armour)

I will definitely use the additional unit parts mods. I hate seeing clone-heads.

The campaign movement will be reduced because I am also making MBS 12 months per year giving you plenty of time to build and do other things besides rush to conquer the world.
    I may make a standard 1 turn = 1 yr version but the initial release will be 12 per year.

I am including many of the agents from ROTS in MBS too but severely restricting how many you can have. Turns will take forever if all clans have a ton of agents. Each agent will have a specific purpose with some being purely offensive and others pure defense.

I won't release until most of the mod is done simply because it won't work right otherwise. Some parts I might break off as "Add-ins" such as an "Agents" pack so that people can choose whether or not they want the additional agents running around or not. Definitely the modded castles and battlefield mods will be addins because some people don't have the computers capable of handling the bigger maps.

Just quick advice, most custom made castle have problem with path finding, especialy for BAI part, i reccomend to separate them, i already see when CAI succes to laying siege but BAI stuck in pathfinding unable to enter inside the castle.

Another big mod I want to use in MBS is the one that has all of the Korean and Chinese units. Not because I want to add China or Korea to my mod but in order to use their models and weapons. They have imported so many new weapons I got lots of new Japanese units I can create using those weapon models and animations. It will be pending their permission of course.
    You mean morning sun mods ? I am pretty sure uanime5 will gladly give the permission, since i also asking him permission when i combine morning sun into RGM mods. Other then that i never know if there are another mods that use korean weapon.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Yes, the modded castles were an Addin with the previous versions of MBS and still will be with the next one. If someone doesn't want them, they can just leave them off.

I wanted to use the crossbow from the Morning Sun mod. I did some research and the records are not clear when the Japanese stopped using them so that could be an "early era" weapon that is only available at the level 1 buildings.
    Unfortunately, they were the same type of crossbow the Koreans used and the Japanese needed Korean slaves to teach them how to use them. Once there were no more Korean's available to teach, the use of the crossbow slowly disappeared from daimyo arsenals.

I do plan to back up the time table for MBS to make it start sometime around 1508 when the current Shogun 2 Emperor is restored. I think at that point many of the familiar clans are in their original starting positions (in Shogun 2) and it will give some time before the gun units start showing up. This gives the player time to build up slowly and not have to rush to capture 100+ regions.

I don't see how they would struggle to use the crossbow, it's not that different to a Europeon crossbow is it?

From reading the article it was not clear if these were standard crossbows or something large like a ballista type contraption. Both hand-held and siege-type were used by the Japanese but it did not say if the Japanese were able to produce any themselves.

According to Steven Turnbull, the samurai preferred the bow so after the 1300's when most peasant soldiers were sent home, there was nobody left using crossbows. There was a huge gap in time until 1530 when ashigaru were commonly used again as archers but they were primarily using bows too. The crossbows were still collecting dust in daimyo arsenals though. At least that is the way I understood it.

So I guess if I placed the starting date of the MBS campaign to 1508 it could be feasible to have ashigaru crossbowmen as an early war variant.

I attached a couple pics of the types used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails siege_crossbow.jpg   9781841763392PB_th.jpg  

I like the early crossbow idea, MBS is the perfect mod to have the option to re-introduce crossbows and have its own build tree.

Diversity is great, I vote for Samurai Arbalesters, range 250, spread 1, Bolt dmg 1, armour pierce. who needs Matchlocks

How is it going Haz??

Still working on the new building icons. Daily life has been real busy so I have not had much time to mod. It's moving along gradually though.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

how are things going?

Glad to see you still update this mod Sir Hazybones

I dont really understand how to change the OS, i'm stuck in the 2nd step