Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

Laetus

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

I really don't want to put pressure on anyone, but probably I'm not the only person still waiting for this mod

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Wow, something with real, tangibly different gameplay from vanilla! Will definitely be checking this out.

I really want to try this, but can't seem to get it to work. I need to download both non-hidden files on the original post, drag and drop all the packs from the first download to my data and then only the sound bit from the second? Do I run the app file from anywhere, or do I have to put that in the data folder, too?

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TwelveStep View Post
    I really want to try this, but can't seem to get it to work. I need to download both non-hidden files on the original post, drag and drop all the packs from the first download to my data and then only the sound bit from the second? Do I run the app file from anywhere, or do I have to put that in the data folder, too?
    Sorry I have been absent, real life has not given me much time to mod or even play games for that matter.

To answer your question...

Download the two files here:

Downloads
    BETA Versions
    ~MBS BETA VERSION 005 (Main pack only) from: TW CENTER DOWNLOADS~
    MBS main 12tpy_v005 - 12 turns per year!

~MBS Addins VERSION 004 from: FILEFACTORY~
    MBS addins v004 - Nothing changed in the addins pack so you can continue using v004 or v003 addins if you wish.

*You need both zips! Remove all previous version packs and replace with the new packs!

NOTE: I would highly recommend that you remove ALL mods that you already have installed.

Unpack the MBS_main file and put all files into the data folder.
    Unpack the MBS_addins file and only put the packs that you want to use into the data folder.

I have not played in a while so I don't know if the sound issue in Shogun 2 was ever fixed. If it was then you can skip the following part...

If it wasn't fixed then you need to first make sure that the Sinfonia pack AND the Sinfonia Application file are in the data folder.
    Run the Sinfonia Application file to fix the sound bug.

Now open up mod manager and make sure all the MBS mod files are checked and hit PLAY!

Awesome. Thanks for the mod and the help.

I didn't think about it until now. This probably won't work with the patch that came out in Sept 2013, huh?
    Last edited by TwelveStep; January 31, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

I was playing with the current v005 last night just to test that and for the most part it still works. I have seen a couple oddities but the game still plays.
    I will see if I can tweak it a bit to work flawlessly.

Thanks again. I didn't have the time to play today, but I'm very much looking forward to playing this mod.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

You did it Hazbones ! Bravo ! This project was so ambitious I can hardly believe you came so far just by yourself. I want to come back on S2 to test this :-)
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Thanks.
    I have not updated it since CA's latest patch so you might run into some oddities but it is still playable in its current state.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

this mod is realy have a long journey, i remeber this thread 1-2 year ago
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Interesting. I'm going to download and play. Thanks.

sorry which one is the main version? could you upload it to steam? or a good dowload server?I always have failed downloads in Twcenter

*Double Post*
    Last edited by Imperator of Rome; June 03, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Sorry I have been absent, real life has not given me much time to mod or even play games for that matter.

To answer your question...

Download the two files here:

Downloads
    BETA Versions
    ~MBS BETA VERSION 005 (Main pack only) from: TW CENTER DOWNLOADS~
    MBS main 12tpy_v005 - 12 turns per year!

~MBS Addins VERSION 004 from: FILEFACTORY~
    MBS addins v004 - Nothing changed in the addins pack so you can continue using v004 or v003 addins if you wish.

*You need both zips! Remove all previous version packs and replace with the new packs!

NOTE: I would highly recommend that you remove ALL mods that you already have installed.

Unpack the MBS_main file and put all files into the data folder.
    Unpack the MBS_addins file and only put the packs that you want to use into the data folder.

I have not played in a while so I don't know if the sound issue in Shogun 2 was ever fixed. If it was then you can skip the following part...

If it wasn't fixed then you need to first make sure that the Sinfonia pack AND the Sinfonia Application file are in the data folder.
    Run the Sinfonia Application file to fix the sound bug.
    Are any updates planned anytime soon? I think the Hatamoto troops are too small in size to be useful at the moment

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748

Yes, an update is in the works...

I am working on completely changing the building chain and the building icons,
    changing some unit models and adding a few new units,
    still tweaking the unit cards to something I like,
    reducing the size of the mod using a new, simpler AOR method suggested to me,
    adding more resources from ROTS and FOTS,
    trying to better integrate the OS system into the tech tree and new building chain,
    (attempting to) bring some agents from ROTS/FOTS to the Sengoku time frame,
    pushing the time frame of the mod backward (I'm thinking somewhere between 1500~1520 start date),
    and then bring the whole mod into the new Expanded Japan Map.

It is a lot of work but if the new AOR system works as suggested, it won't be as hard to implement as it did with my current method.

As for the Hatamoto units, they probably won't increase in size since historically they were not large units but select "guards" chosen from the Samurai units. The player can feel free to up-size them as they desire though.

That sounds very promising as this is the most unique mod for S2TW.Still, I don't really know how anyone can choose the hatamoto region spec over something far more useful , like lumberjack or laquerware.

I thought of that and the new building chain and resources I am adding to this mod will completely change what you build in the next version. Of course that is why I am keeping this mod in Beta version so that I can make radical changes with the mentality that it's all being "tested" before an official release. Besides, it keeps you guys on your toes.

I think the new changes will help the AI a lot so we don't have so many Peasant stacks tearing up the map.

Edit: I forgot to mention another feature I am adding to MBS will be dynamic unit caps. This will replace the current hard caps and I think is more realistic. It also keeps the one-province clans from producing suck huge stacks which in turn causes them to have food and income issues. It should help reduce the rebellions in game.
    Last edited by Hazbones; June 05, 2014 at 01:06 AM.

On a side note. How did the modding with R2TW go?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of Rome View Post
    On a side note. How did the modding with R2TW go?
    I couldn't get over how bad the sieges were nor the sucky tech tree and so stopped playing. It worked out though, giving me more time to work on this mod. :-)

I expected that. I can't find myself any incentive to play R2TW at all.