Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Mettle Blades and Skill **BETA ver 005 12tpy RELEASED 30May**

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    I couldn't get over how bad the sieges were nor the sucky tech tree and so stopped playing. It worked out though, giving me more time to work on this mod. :-)
    I guess everybody who played S2 will come to the same conclusion after playing R2 a bit.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Well in case you didn't' know already, there are a couple of bugs with the clan government in some cities. In towns with horses, I can't seem to produce any horsemen at all yet in towns with changeable specializations, I have no problem with horsemen showing up.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Ok, I'll take a look to fix for my next release.
    Can you tell me which region(s) this problem occurs?

Thanks

One of them is Suo on the west part of the main island. Another one of them is on the island with the Shimazu and I don't remember the name of the province but it's near Hizen.

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748

Yup, all on the West side of Japan. I was probably a zombie by the time I got to those provinces and left something out. I'll make a note of the problems. If you find more please let me know.

I will definitely will inform you of anything I notice in my campaign with Oda.

Edit: Using the Warrior trait doesn't increase the size of the general's unit, it reduces it. Putting 3 points into that trait reduced my general unit from 23 to 6.

Last edited by Imperator of Rome; June 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks for the report. The general's skill tree is a relic from TROM which my mod is based on. I don't even know if the original TROM still has this same bug but it would be interesting to check.
    I'll definitely get that one on my fix list for the next release.

More thoughts.
    The loan swordsman seems too weak compared to the spear units. Maybe there should be more of a progression for them like it is with the lancers etc?

I will have a better progression of all units in my next release. The new building chain I am now working on will greatly help in the progression as well as the new tech tree I have in store.
    You might also like the feature where I am also going to make the Organizational Systems (OS) in MBS also progressive. Using techs you'll be able to slowly morph from one OS to another or create a new OS in your own style. I just felt the current OS were just too rigid.

The loan swordsmen being weak was intentional since these were peasants that had no training at all, handed a weapon and told to make use of it (trying not to hurt themselves or the guy next to them in the battle line in the process).
    The sword in an untrained hand would be harder to use than a spear in the same person's hand just because the spear at least was a tad bit more familiar to the peasant (hunting and such) and has a reach bonus the sword does not.
    If you think the loan sword is just grossly unbalanced, please let me know is it the attack, defense, or something else that you think makes him seem weaker?

Again, the progression in the next release should fix that I hope or at least give a better representation of each weapon type.

I recall my loan swordsman with weapon upgrades being around 8attack 9-defense and my lancers being around 11-attack 18-defense. The loan swordsman were made when I had a master weaponsmith, the lancer when I had lacquerware.

Campidoctor

Oo, it's great to see this is still being worked on. Was my most anticipated S2 mod. Have you recently come back to it? I was under the impression it had been abandoned, at least around the time shortly after initial release. Or have you been working on it this whole time? Either way, can't wait for a new update with some of the bugs ironed out, really great concepts I'd love to get my hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Oo, it's great to see this is still being worked on. Was my most anticipated S2 mod. Have you recently come back to it? I was under the impression it had been abandoned, at least around the time shortly after initial release. Or have you been working on it this whole time? Either way, can't wait for a new update with some of the bugs ironed out, really great concepts I'd love to get my hands on.
    Shortly after I released the last update I changed jobs and moved to Japan (not related to playing/modding Shogun 2), my wife is Japanese so we moved closer to her family.
    Moving and starting a new job left me with no time to mod. Now things have settled and I have started modding again after seeing the great work Uanime has done with the shogun 2 map. I plan to use his map for the next release.

First thing is to re-make the building chain to simplify things a bit.

Campidoctor

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I do hope to see some more of what you have planned at some point, but in the meantime I can't resist anymore after reading through the information in the first post again, about to install and give it a look first hand, bugs be damned. I hope not to get sucked into an actual campaign though, as it sounds like an update may not be incredibly far off.

Btw, is it mentioned anywhere what the addons are exactly? I'm not familiar with much, and can't tell based on the names of the .packs what exactly they might be.

Also, any particular order to load up the packs that come up in the launcher? Or is that not even selectable, and we only have the option to tick on or off...

And one more thing. When you say pick an OS at the start of a campaign, you mean by choosing a faction which has a particular OS attached, and not choose any OS you want for any clan you want, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I do hope to see some more of what you have planned at some point, but in the meantime I can't resist anymore after reading through the information in the first post again, about to install and give it a look first hand, bugs be damned. I hope not to get sucked into an actual campaign though, as it sounds like an update may not be incredibly far off.

Btw, is it mentioned anywhere what the addons are exactly? I'm not familiar with much, and can't tell based on the names of the .packs what exactly they might be.

Also, any particular order to load up the packs that come up in the launcher? Or is that not even selectable, and we only have the option to tick on or off...

And one more thing. When you say pick an OS at the start of a campaign, you mean by choosing a faction which has a particular OS attached, and not choose any OS you want for any clan you want, right?
    Shogun 2 was updated twice I think since my last update so yes, there are bugs or things that don't work as they should just so you know...
    The next update will be a while since I am working on a new building chain, tech tree, and moddified units. I'll reuse anything I can from the previous versions of MBS but it will be a clean build. You will probably have time for your campaign without worrying about having to start over anytime soon. I might release an update with the new building tree and using the current units but I don't know what kind of bugs currently exist (other than the known issues) with the current version so it might break things.

I own all of the Shogun 2 DLCs except the Otomo and Ikko ones. I really didn't see the need, not a big "ninja clan" fan and having tercos tromping around Japan was just silly. Just put the mods into your data folder and activate in mod manager. All packs are "mod" type except the Starpos which is "movie" type. You only need to activate the mod types. I don't think there is any particular order.

In MBS, I have already assigned an OS to each faction by default. You can change this by going into the Factions Table and look in the "Faction" column. Change the OS listed there with one of the other OS of your choosing. This will change all of the units the clan is able to produce. See the first post in this thread how to name the OS in the table.

Campidoctor

Thanks for the info, Hazbones. Oh but by addons, I guess I meant addins, the second zip file of this mod that has some additional optional submods I gather (other than the sound one which is more strongly suggested to be used)? I have them all included in my current install, just not sure exactly what they are or do. Any links to the original mod threads for them? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what they actually are...

Also I was wondering something from a short run earlier today, are all or at least most of the units for every different clan the same colors? Or maybe just very similar, armor and clothing underneath. I thought I saw somewhere in the 2nd post here perhaps that Demokritos' clan colors were included, which are my favorite. Though maybe I'm either just not seeing things right, or it's one of the things effected by patches and incompatibility and stuff like that. Not a big deal or anything, I was just curious.

Man I love reading through the info in the first couple of posts here though, so detailed and ambitious and gets me really pumped up for a campaign. I'll probably stick with my current what-was-supposed-to-be quick test just to take a look around the campaign and see how things operated, now that you mention the upcoming changes are gonna be pretty extensive and time consuming. Thanks again for all the work and your continued support. Good luck with everything, life and game!

The addins are optional and do things that pretty up the game such as; Remove Realm Divide, Changing the General's pictures, Unit speed reduction, Expanding the deployment zones, changing the look of castles on the battlefield, Better maps (still called this I think), etc.

I did not keep a link to all of the original mod threads and not even sure if they are still active or not. Most of these will be incorporated into my next version so you don't need to install them in the future.

Campidoctor

Gotcha, thanks again Hazbones.

Looking trough the old Shogun 2 mods and then seeing something like that.

At that time I already had a lot of fun with your Mod, because it brought much more possibilities into the game and you had to have a plan what to build. I am glad you are working on the mod again, I can understand your disappointment with Rome 2. Without 'DeI' Mod I would also not play the Rome 2 and the sieges still a torture and are no fun in anyway.

Since I can only create maps for Shogun 2, i will do like 'Imperator of of Rome' and will report if i see bugs or something wich seems odd.

With this mod i will definitivley will play Shogun 2 again!

Decanus

May I ask, to what degree is this based on TROM? What are the battle mechanics like? Are they heavily modified to produce a more realistic experience? IE: slower troop movement and higher penalties to morale, perhaps? I was thinking of loading my first TROM 3 campaign but perhaps I should beta test your work instead.

EDIT:

In the addins folder, I couldnt find anything related to realm divide, s odid you implement the reduction of the effect in the original mod files??

great mod!
    Last edited by 007Jua007; October 20, 2014 at 06:18 AM.