Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [[WIP]] Middle Earth Subfaction Project (M.E.S.P)

Default [[WIP]] Middle Earth Subfaction Project (M.E.S.P)

Hi folks!!! As we promised, here we are to share with you our new work. We have been working so hard the last two months to arrive at this point. As you can see we have improved our units to carry them to a new level of detail that will help you to earn more immersion.
    As I said in our previous post, this not only a simple add-on, is more than it. We have been deeping in the background of the Lord of the Rings to give the player a new and more enriching experience.
    We are going to make it offering a new concept of playing that no one had done before now in M2TW modding world. How we are going to make it? Well, all of us would like to use more of AOR units, not recruit only in one city and later can´t recruit them in other cities, we have solved this problem and now, you not only can recruit AOR units in one city, you will be able to launch a conquer campaign using all subfactions. The subfactions system is a new mode to play, for example, playing with Gondor, you will have at the same time all the fielddoms of Gondor with their personalized roster of units. It means that now you will be able to fight in the coastline of the Anduin with a a lot of different marine units and extend your marine empire to Harad or conquer dundendings lands and recruit in them Pinnath Gelin warriors, and the most important thing, all of them under the same faction.
    But, this isn´t the only implement that we are going to make. We have designed personal visual upgrades for all our units to see how the subfaction evolves while we are playing. And of course we are going to balance them using The Lord of the rings background, to define his strengths and weaks.

fAQS
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Work in other factions that needs love
    Yeah, other factions need love but we have a very clear idea of how we want to make so if you think that other factions need love you can learn with the magnificent tutorials that you can find in this website. good luck!!
    Is going to be compatible with MOS?
    In the beggining not, because we want to release full factions with all the subfactions completely done,. Why? because if we release packs of subfactions we will make the principal faction lame.
    When are you going to release it?
    it´s easy, when it will be done, we don´t want to give release date because we don´t know it. But if you feel more relax, we work apace
    Are you going to work in more factions?
    The factions that we are going to work 100% sure are: Gondor , and the elves ( High elves and Silvan elves) and when we will release these ones we will think if we want to work in Eriador/Arnor and the Easterlings.

Team Members:

Arthor ------ Modeller and skinner
    Bazz44331 ----- Skinner

Cossdead ---- Codder
    Kracian---- writer
    Pyrosh----- team leader, moddeller and designer
    Thormes ------ codder

Contributors:
    Tarilonte ----- scripter and artifax of our nice script
    Kolwen ----- for his help in modeling steps

Special Thanks:
    Third age team: for their work and dedication at the hour to make this magnificent mod and bring us the possibility to modificate on the best base as possible. Thanks a lot!!!
    Taro: for his amazing work with his gondorian units and for make his desinterested work a free resouce
    Paradamed: first of all for his support in the first stages of my mod (now it´is ``our´´ mod xdxd), and secondly for his amazing work in his horse mod.
    Alhimik: for his amazing work with the militias of Gondor and for make it a free resource. I don´t know you personnally, but thanks a lot

Ancient Cities
    Soldiers of Minas Tirith:

Ingame pics:

Citadel Guard:
    Ingame pics:

Guard of the White Tree:
    Ingame pics:

Wardens of Ecthelion:
    Ingame pics:

Osgiliath veterans:
    Ingame pics:

Ithilien rangers:
    Ingame pics:

Master rangers of Ithilien:
    Ingame pics:

Bonus pics:

And this is all....... for the moment... We hope you enjoy with our work
    Last edited by Pyrosh; December 24, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Default Re: [[WIP]] Middle Earth Subfaction Project (M.E.S.S)

[[Reserved]]

[resserved]]

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Yes!!!

I was just going to sent you a message asking how you were doing and if your still busy with your modding work...
    Than I saw that your current activity was creating a thread in the submod section...so my question was answered hahaha!
    Been refreshing the submod page for 18 minutes and finally it's here! Haha

This looks really promising! I love the units, they look really good! I wish you all the best with this! And hope many modders join your team!

The Wardens of Ecthelion are very nice!
    Are The Guards of the White Tree different than a Fountain Guard?
    Last edited by Eönwë; November 21, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very nice work! I love that you have gone even in small details.
    But, I must say I still like Taro's work more. I can't really say why, maybe the colours are too intense?
    This is just my opinion. You definetly deserve rep for your work. Looking forward to seeing more units from you!

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

How do you get Middle Earth Subfaction Project to spell M.E.S.S I get it to M.E.S.P?
    I watch and Learn

hahaha mother of god yes xdxd is MESP hahahahahaha, I don´t know in I was thinking xdxd, thanks, if you don´t say me I don´t know when i had seen the mistake xdxd.
    Yeah, our units are more colourfull, nearer to Third Age team style, we didn´t want that our units will be very different from them xdxd. But don´t worry ingame are less colourfull, remind that the first pic has been made without vissual effects, and ingame pics have been made with sun xdxd, so in shadow r in rainning battles, they looks different xdxd
    Thanks mates!!!

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

NP I just found it a bit funny that you wanted to call your mod a MESS when it should be MESP.
    I watch and Learn

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Good to see you back and with a beautiful preview! Everything looks right about these units! I wouldnt change a thing! Curious about the subfaction concept. I couldnt fully understand it. May I suggest you to check my new submod? I made an animation pack with a dual wielder animation imported from Briarius' mod. If you will create units that have dual melee weapons you might want to use Briarius animation cause it is so much better. Link in my sig

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    I can't really say why, maybe the colours are too intense?
    This is just my opinion.
    The textures are to resemble the real Gondor armours which ive spent weeks looking at.

I think the armours that are around are to unrealistic and don't look anything like the armours in the films you just have to look at my sig and make the comparison, but its being weeks working on it at this point. But i also understand everyone has there own likes and dislikes .

I made an animation pack with a dual wielder animation imported from Briarius' mod. If you will create units that have dual melee weapons you might want to use Briarius animation cause it is so much better. Link in my sig
    Ei thanks mate!!!! yeah I have seen it xdxd to e honest i have downloaded the animation for the two swords and the animation for the bearer hehehe. The thing is that I haven´t got any idea of how to put them ingame and the english is not my strong point xdxd so we need a volunteer that would want to help us to implement these animations and import other of one and half sword frome LOTR TW xd. Thanks for your interest and help mate!!!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrosh View Post
    Ei thanks mate!!!! yeah I have seen it xdxd to e honest i have downloaded the animation for the two swords and the animation for the bearer hehehe. The thing is that I haven´t got any idea of how to put them ingame and the english is not my strong point xdxd so we need a volunteer that would want to help us to implement these animations and import other of one and half sword frome LOTR TW xd. Thanks for your interest and help mate!!!
    I already implemented the dual wielder ingame. Just follow the instructions. For the dual wield animation just replace the animation pack with mine and add the correspondent lines in the unit you want to have the dual wield animation. You also need to change the animation for the goblin halberdiers as per instructions because they get bugged with the new animation pack. That is all that is necessary. I did not add the banner carrier animation though but it can be done.

Wow, this looks stunning! Just wauw, I love how you lads have just made it so living and made wonderful details, like on the Tower Guards! But I have to ask, when does it come out? Or where can I download it? o:

Please guys read the faqs. Thanks mate : Thumbsup2: Thumbsup2
    When are you going to release it?
    it´s easy, when it will be done, we don´t want to give release date because we don´t know it. But if you feel more relax, we work apace

SuljicDamir's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [[WIP]] Middle Earth Subfaction Project (M.E.S.P)

You say you wold work on Gondor Eriador and Elfs ,, ? dwarf ?? ..

Ei guys please again, read the FAQS in first post
    Are you going to work in more factions?
    The factions that we are going to work 100% sure are: Gondor , and the elves ( High elves and Silvan elves) and when we will release these ones we will think if we want to work in Eriador/Arnor and the Easterlings.
    Work in other factions that needs love
    Yeah, other factions need love but we have a very clear idea of how we want to make so if you think that other factions need love you can learn with the magnificent tutorials that you can find in this website. good luck!!
    To be honest We aren´t very interested in work in dwarfs and they aren´t in our planns for the moment

SuljicDamir's Avatar Civis

I understand you , only dont use scripts like Barons , we need only Mordor and Isengard to be more brutal hard stronger

Umm, Where is Winged Swordmen and Citadel Archer. I love them.
    And, Fountain Guards are changed to Guard of the White Tree?

Welcome coming back!

Ei Rome hadn´t built in one day xdxd. This is the first phase of ancient cities, now we are working in militias, later we will work in the elite units like winged swordsmen, cadetts, minas Ithil units... xdxd.
    Yes our writter tell us that it was better name them Guard of the White tree for the background xdxd.
    Thanks xdxd

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

This looks really nice. Nice Work

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast