Thread: White cylinders on battlefield

Icon4 White cylinders on battlefield

Just installed this mod and when i fight on the battlefield there are white cylinders that i can see in the distance. for example in the enemies deployment zone. when i get closer to them they will disapear. anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Any help will be appreciated.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: White cylinders on battlefield

No idea, I can't say I've seen them. Unless it is sprites malfunctioning (are the cylinders where troops should be?)
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

They seem to be trees, once the camera gets closer to them the cylinders disappear and become trees. here are a couple screenshots. I played this mod before the RTRVII and i just notice that this doesnt happen in just FO, but both.

Also, off topic but maybe you can help with this, I just recently built this computer and for some reason the loading screens are messed up. This happens in vanilla and any mod i install. The last two screenshot are about the loading screen, first the actual loading screen will pop up but with white bars, then the screen will flash to the last screenshot. Not a big deal but just a little curious as to why. On my old computer i never had a problem with something like that.

Edit: White cylinders fixed after installing RSII environments.
    Last edited by Post Hoc; November 19, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Those white surfaces are vegetation "billboards", canopies and edgings. Pretty much the same thing as sprites, but for vegetation. Never seen them appear in opaque white.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

In the absence of others reporting this, I can only hazard a guess that it has to do with your computer...
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!