Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis; v2Released

Default Re: RELEASED:Jizya, Kafirs and Dhimmis; a submod for BC 2.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by jermagon View Post
    Edit I am playing your mod with broken crescent-karaiaIslam mod
    I don't think KaraIslam mod is compatible with mine.
    (but if Jizya is the one CTD compatibility problem with KaraIslam submod; I would be surprised)
    Ok; what says the log?

If you want make that compatible, you need to go in each file of JKD; copy the new buildings/ancillaries with their descriptions, and then paste them into each file of KaraIslam mod.
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 29, 2012 at 06:27 AM.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RELEASED:Jizya, Kafirs and Dhimmis; a submod for BC 2.3.2; BETA

Thanks Byzantine,I uninstalled Karaislam mod and now it works fine, I am really enjoying it you did a great job Byzantineboy

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Hey Byzantine, I noticed that you only added only 1 provincial title which was the Wali of Egypt,can we add the following titles in the next beta ?

-Wali of Hejaz
    : this man has been appointed as the governor of the province of Hijaz, he rules his province from the holy city of Medina

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

+1 loyalty
    +1 piety
    5% trade bonus
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Medina for sometime, Note:historically Medina was the capital of the Hijaz province.

-------------------------------------------

-Wali of Ash-Sham: this man is the governor of Al-Sham (Greater Syria),he rules his province From Dimashq (Damascus)
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Damascus for sometime.
    +2 loyalty
    +2 law
    20% trade bonus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Wali of Yemen: this man is the governor of Yemen, he rules his province from San'a
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Sanaa for some time.
    +1 loyalty
    10% trade bonus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Wali of Fars: this man is the governor of the great province of Persia, he rules his province from the city of Shiraz
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Shiraz for sometime.
    +3 loyalty
    20% trade bonus
    +1 law

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Wali of khorasan: this man is the governor of the great Province of Khorasan one of the biggest and prosperous provinces in the Muslim world.
    +3 loyalty
    30% trade bonus (silk road effect)
    +2 law
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Nishapur for some time.
    Historically Nishapur was the capital of the Khurasan province.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Wali of Tabaristan: this man is the governor of the province of Tabaristan.
    +1 loyalty
    10% trade bonus
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Amol for some time.
    Historically Amol was the capital of the Tabaristan province.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Wali of Transoxiana: this man is governor of the great province of Transoxiana, he rules his province from the city of Samarkand

+2 loyalty
    +25% trade bonus
    + tax bonus
    +2 Authority

Condition: a family member fairly governs Samarkand for sometime.
    Historically Amol was the capital of the Transoxiana province.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Wali of Oman: this man is the governor of Oman

+1 loyalty
    15% trade bonus
    Condition: a family member fairly governs
    Muscat for sometime.
    Historically
    Muscat was and still the capital of the Oman.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wali of Georgia: this man rules the the province of Georgia in the name of our Sultan/Caliph, he rules from
    Tbilisi.
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Tbilisi for sometime.
    Historically tbilisi was and still the capital of the Georgia
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wali al-Jazira: this man rules the province of Al-jazira (a province in Northern Iraq and north eastern Syria) ,he rules from Mosul.

Condition: a family member fairly governs Mosul for sometime.

Last edited by jermagon; November 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Yes, of course

thanks my friend ,I edited my last post and I enhanced the pictures

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

I'm playing to this!! very good, Congratulations.... I will report bugs (I hope no one ) and ideas and others stuffs!

@Jermagon @Julio85
    thanks you my friends

-Traits related to Chivalry vs Dread

Ar-Rahim : The merciful, The caliph/sultan released all his war prisoners without even waiting for their ransom, his generals have warned him that these released men will fight him again one day, but the caliph didn't listen to them,+2 piety,-1 command.

Al-Adil: the fair, the sultan rules his subjects fairly, he doesn't impose heavy taxes upon them, and rules them in accordance to Sharia law

Skulls collector : collecting the heads of his enemies is this man's hobby, he keeps them in a chest inside his personal safe, he always says ''there always a place for more skulls''.

Al Jazzar
    (the butcher):this man kills all the war prisoners,he doesn't wait for their ransom

As-Safah:
    he has no mercy, he easily executes anyone, he killed many of his opponents, he hires Hashashines (assassins) to assassinate his opponents

Al Mudamer
    (the destroyer):he always choose to raze the conquered cities to the ground and exterminate the innocent population,even if they are fellow Muslims
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traits related to Piety

Tolerant with Dhimis
    : the caliph/sultan allows his Dhimis (non-Muslims) subject to practice their faiths freely.

Converted to Islam
    : this man has left the faith of his ancestors and converted to Islam

Kitab Sahih al-Bukhari
    (The book of authentic collection): is one of the Sunni six major Hadith collections (Hadith are oral traditions recounting events in the lives of the Islamic prophet Muhammad). Sunni Muslims view this as their most trusted collection, calling it "The most authentic book after the Holy Qur'an,hese prophetic traditions were collected by the Muslim scholar Muhammad ibn Ismail al-Bukhari (810-870) and published during his lifetime.

.Khadem al Haramayn: literally means the servant of the two sacred mosque in Mecca and Medina, the Sultan rules the Two holy cities of Mecca and Medina the holiest cities in Islam

Covers the Ka'aba
    : The Sultan/Caliph annually covers the holy Ka'aba with new Kiswah (cloth) during the month of dhu al hijjah and shortly before the pilgrimage.

Believes Munajimen
    (astrologers): Although only mighty Allah Knows the unknown and our destinies, this man believes that astrologers could see his fortune from the stars

Al Muhtadi bellah
    (Guided by God):The Sultan/Caliph respects the Sharia law he closed all the taverns in his realm, he doesn't make a move without consulting his Ulemas and Imams.

Persecutes Dhimmis
    (non-Muslims): This man hates Dhimmis and despise their religions, he imposed heavy taxes upon them and ordered them to wear Distinctive clothing.

Hafez Quran
    : this man memorizes every single word in the holy Quran .he's a model to all his men, for All Muslim Factions.

Ghulam Lover: this man commits much worse than adultery, although he pretends he is heterosexual, his personal guard have whispered to the commoners that he kept Ghilmans in his palace for sexual pleasure.

Secret Shia:
    the caliph practices the shia faith in secret, he believes in the holiness of the household of the prophet Muhammad, and rejects the Sunni faith.

Drinks Khamr:
    although drining wine is Harram ‘’forbiden’’ in Islam, the caliph/sultan drinks wine, the imams advised him to stop, but he didn't listen

Fateh al Kostantenyya
    : The conqueror of Constaninople, it’s said that our Prophet Muhamed peace be upon him ‘Verily you shall conquer Constantinople,What a wonderful leader will her leader be, and what a wonderful army will that army be''. our blessed leader has Conquered the City of Constantinople and fulfilled the Holy Prophet’s prophecy.

Charitable
    : the caliph/sultan spends a lot of money on his poor subjects; he builds Madrassa to educate orphans, Bimaristans for the poor. Now all his subjects pray for him.

Az-Zahid
    : although he is a great ruler, he doesn't live in palaces or in luxury ,he thinks that god's paradise is better than all the mortal pleasures, now he is a model for all sultans of Islam.

Enemy of philosophy
    : The imams had persuaded the sultan/caliph that philosophy is blasphemy and against the teaching of Islam, now he closed all the academies which teach philosophy and dismissed philosophers out of his kingdom.

Friend of the crusaders: Although the Frankish crusaders are the enemy of the Muslim Umma, the caliph/sultan has made a political relation with them.

Traits for Imams

Hafez Quran : this man memorizes every single word in the holy Quran .he's a model to all his men, for All Muslim Factions.

Sunni Maliki: this man follows the Maliki madhab (school), one of the four schools of Fiqh or religious law within Sunni Islam.

Sunni Hanafi: this man follows the Hanafi Madhab (school), one of the four schools of Fiqh or religious law within Sunni Islam.

Sunni Shaf'i: this man follows the Shaf'i madhab (school), one of the four schools of Fiqh or religious law within Sunni Islam.

Sunni Hanbali: this man follows the Hanbali madhab (school), one of the four schools of Fiqh or religious law within Sunni Islam.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traits related to conquests

Al-Ghazi: he doesn't wait for the enemies of Islam to attack our lands, he invades their territories, and conquer their cities
    . Al-Mansur: The Sultan/Caliph has achieved many victories against his enemies, now he assumed the title of al-Mansur ''the victor''

Seljuk slayer
    : he crushed the Seljuks, and pushed them back to their homeland beyond Transoxiana, they no longer present any threat to the Caliphate/Sultanate.+

as-Sultan al Mujahed
    : Defending and expanding the lands of Islam is the main target of the Sultan, thousands of true Believers joined the Sultan's armies in his holy wars against the enemies of Islam.

Amir Al Behar
    : he is commander in chief of the Caliphate/sultanate fleets, he commands the navy

Captured the true cross: After our warriors have conquered Jerusalem from the infidel crusaders,the sultan/Caliph captured their ostensible holy cross,it's just a worthless piece of wood to us but worth a lot for the Christians.

Qami' al-Fitna: this man doesn't tolerate with Fitna (rebellion), he fights the rebels and executes their leaders whenever he finds them.

Fatih Bayt al-Maqdes: Conqueror of Jerusalem, the Sultan/Caliph has conquered the holy city of Jerusalem, and brought it back to Islam.

Conqueror of Baghdad: this man has conquered Baghdad, and razed it to the ground, his armies killed thousands of innocent people, the city's universities, and mosques had been perished.

Naquib Al Mukhtareen: Arabic word means the commander of the chosen ones , he was the commander of the Sultan's parade body guard---- Great Seljuks
    --------------------------------------------------------------

some Ancillaries related to victories:

1- Ayyubid banner: our Armies has decisively defeated the Ayyubid army and captured his Royal Banner.

2- Abbasid Banner:
    Our Army has defeated the so called Caliph's army and Captured his black banner.

3- Roman army:
    Our army has crushed the Romans, among he spoils of wars we captured was the imperial banner.

4- Kingdom of Jerusalem Banner: Our army achieved a great victory over the Frankish crusaders and captured their Banner.

Last edited by jermagon; December 01, 2012 at 04:24 AM.

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

I will hand in my thesis in 10 days, as soon as that is done I will download this mod and start BC again

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

a good reason to mess up with BC again before the 2.4 release.good job +rep
    Last edited by zburanuki; December 01, 2012 at 04:02 PM.

sorry for the second post,but why emperor manuel and prince alexius don't have in my game the icons of Christ and Theotokos,do i have to accomplish something? also when can i have a patriarch?

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Hello Byzantineboy

I'm still playing, very very good. I advice you to make an other improvement to your wonderful sub-mod.

to add the horses skin from Great conflicts\Rusichi\Mongol-tartar invasion

@Zburanuki,
    For having icons, you need an icon-artist building,
    For having Christ Pantokrator and co (best icons), you need a master-icon building.
    You can only have one icon for each character (but, there are transferable)

For Patriarch, it's easy, you need a priest/bishop with minimum 5 points in piety (something like that)

I scripted that there was only one patriarch for each faction.. but i discovered that this limitation doesn't work. i am working to fix that.
    I see that Stainless Steel have the same problem.

This is only the BEta,
    I will change some little thing about ancillaries aquisition (waiting mastericon for Christ Pantokrator it is very long time).

All future modifications would be save-game compatible.
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; December 03, 2012 at 05:22 AM.

ok thanks for the answers byzantine boy.

No problem

But you give me good idea, this ancillaries have to be present at the beggining, for Orthodox Leader and Heir.
    And I will add a Catholicos/Patriarch at the beggining for each faction
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; December 03, 2012 at 07:09 AM.

!NEW UPDATE SOON!
    -> One patriarch for each orthodox faction; Historic patriarchs at the beggining
    -> Icon building available for Makuria and KOJ
    -> Monasteries available for Makuria
    -> More muslim titles (thx for Jermagon for his propositions).
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; December 04, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

great news Byzantineboy

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Any news on the new update?
    wanted to start a fresh campaign soon, but I might wait till the next version of this is out

I wanted add new ancillaries

But I will release soon, maybe next week,
    There is a lot of things to fix:

- Historical patriarchs (finished)
    - One patriarch per faction (finished)
    - Adding new ancillaries (i am working on it)
    - Adding personnal religion for each character (i am working on it)
    - Fix some errors from original BC (for exemple Georgian hates KOJ, because in Vanilla England hates French; but no more sense in BC) (finished/i am working on it)
    - Adding new traits (i am working on it)
    - Adding new unique buildings (maybe later)
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; December 07, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

my Friend no rush, just take your time